House Price Crash Forum

Half Of Welsh Firms Fear They Won’T Survive The Next Year

The Masked Tulip

HOLA441

Caius

Let me explain this to you. Where I live, which is incidentally where the major wealth is derived from in Wales no one really give a flying **** about the Welsh language. Most however see spending on the language as waste.

Mr Miyagi,

You never did reply to the question I asked you yesterday did you? I think you live in Cardiff don't you? I think you may be wrong.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

None of this can be blamed on the existence of the Welsh language

Am I blaming this on the existance of the welsh language? I don't have any problem with its existance at all. Its the money poured into promoting it I have a problem with.

except of course in your warped, biased, prejudiced mind.

and:

Your attitude suggests to me that you wouldn't be able to write it in Welsh even if you wanted to.

If you can't see the irony in this, there's no point me explaining it to you.

But that doesn't matter as you live in England and your vote doesn't count. :D

Yeh, absolutely gutted :lol:

HOLA445

Well you've told me where you don't live now tell me where you do unless you are ashamed. LOL! And still you have refused to reply to my question from yesterday.

I am a valley boyo if you must know.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Caius I'm failing to see the point in your line of questioning.

Mr Miyagi. I'm failing to see the point of you refusing to reply to my several questions and now in particular, where you are located. It was you who talked about people in your area which is supposed to be some economic power-house. I'm wondering if you live here at all and indeed, you've got Kent as your location on your profile which I just checked. How can I discuss anything with you if you make half-baked sweeping statements and refuse to answer me when I ask you to expand? What's the great secret concerning where you are located?

HOLA4411

Mr Miyagi. I'm failing to see the point of you refusing to reply to my several questions and now in particular, where you are located. It was you who talked about people in your area which is supposed to be some economic power-house. I'm wondering if you live here at all and indeed, you've got Kent as your location on your profile which I just checked. How can I discuss anything with you if you make half-baked sweeping statements and refuse to answer me when I ask you to expand? What's the great secret concerning where you are located?

I have answered your question. To clarify the major wealth creating part of Wales is Cheptow to Swansea. You could argue that the coastal strip in the North contributes. The rest of Wales is mostly pastoral farming and tourism.

HOLA4412

When I lived in the North East of England a couple of colleagues said the same thing. The incidents all happened in the North, this would not happen in the South East, mainly because hardly anyone speaks Welsh.

Howay marra, tha's nee way we'd talk weird up here in front o' strangers, tha' knaws....

:)

XYY

HOLA4413

Hardly anybody speaks Welsh in Wales anyway, apart from in the middle bit, Builth Wells upwards, and out in the west, Carmarthen out to Haverford West sort of thing, I have never once met anybody from Cardiff, say, who knows so much as half a dozen words of it.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Well of course, a lot of the Geordies were not Viking by descent but are of Welsh descent. The Welsh trolls were brought to mine the coal in numbers and it is still reflected in the statistics for the average height of those in the North East. If you want to feel tall go to Newcastle.

Welsh people are not short in my experience. I guess being 6 1 and non welsh speaking makes me German or something :rolleyes:

Edited by Mr. Miyagi

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Actually, in WW1 the height restriction in the army was actually reduced so that a Welsh Division could be formed.

The nickname for them was the bantemweights.

I'm fair, blue eyed and reasonably tall, maybe I am German :ph34r:

HOLA4420

I'm fair, blue eyed and reasonably tall, maybe I am German :ph34r:

We are told that the Celts were tall and blue eyed... but that is at odds with the traits that we see in most Welsh people is it not?

It is interesting if you do a search on a dating site like plentyoffish on people in Wales and people over the bridge in the West Country - it is very noticeable that the majority of Welsh people have black hair whilst the majority in the West Country have blonde hair... and I ain't talking about dyed hair.

Of course, historically, there was no line dividing Wales from England in Celtic times - neither entities existed.

Another factor is undoubtedly poverty, poor diet and people working in mining where they were deprived of important vitamin D from sunlight.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

We are told that the Celts were tall and blue eyed... but that is at odds with the traits that we see in most Welsh people is it not?

It is interesting if you do a search on a dating site like plentyoffish on people in Wales and people over the bridge in the West Country - it is very noticeable that the majority of Welsh people have black hair whilst the majority in the West Country have blonde hair... and I ain't talking about dyed hair.

Of course, historically, there was no line dividing Wales from England in Celtic times - neither entities existed.

Another factor is undoubtedly poverty, poor diet and people working in mining where they were deprived of important vitamin D from sunlight.

I agree, most Welsh people have brown/black hair, but is that not the case throughout Western Europe?

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

No, not really. Germany, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Sweden and the Netherland are full of blonde types which then stretch over into Poland, Ukraine and parts of Russia.

I wouldn't have included the Nordic states in Western Europe. Anyway, I've been threatening to trace my family tree for a while, maybe it's time I renewed my inspiration.