HOLA441
  • Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442

WHAT IS THIS BLACK RECTANGLE THAT FLASHES UP WHENEVER YOU GO INTO A NEW PAGE? IT TAKES UP THE TOP HALF OF THE SCREEN. IS IT ONE OF THOSE 25th FRAME THINGS, PERCHANCE, TELLING US TO "BUY HOUSES, SPEND SPEND, TAKE OUT A LOAN"??

And why does the new format sometimes chop off half the text written in a post?

When are these technical problems going to be fixed? The new format stinks, everything is so hard to read it hardly makes it worthwhile coming here, because trying to look at the list of posts is a struggle as it is. Why fix something that was not broken? I am sure total clicks on this site must be down since the changes.

HOLA443

WHAT IS THIS BLACK RECTANGLE THAT FLASHES UP WHENEVER YOU GO INTO A NEW PAGE? IT TAKES UP THE TOP HALF OF THE SCREEN. IS IT ONE OF THOSE 25th FRAME THINGS, PERCHANCE, TELLING US TO "BUY HOUSES, SPEND SPEND, TAKE OUT A LOAN"??

And why does the new format sometimes chop off half the text written in a post?

When are these technical problems going to be fixed? The new format stinks, everything is so hard to read it hardly makes it worthwhile coming here, because trying to look at the list of posts is a struggle as it is. Why fix something that was not broken? I am sure total clicks on this site must be down since the changes.

+1

I hardly visit now because it's such a strain on the eyes, the site used to be good but sucks since the "upgrade"

HOLA444
HOLA445

I don;t get the rectangle (running IE8 on Win7 with popups blocked) however I do get 0 view counts on most posts when I have viewed them myself and so know they have had views. Anyone else getting 0 views showing on posts that have been viewed?

HOLA446
HOLA447

I don;t get the rectangle (running IE8 on Win7 with popups blocked) however I do get 0 view counts on most posts when I have viewed them myself and so know they have had views. Anyone else getting 0 views showing on posts that have been viewed?

Yes. And if I start reading a thread that has two pages, and it eventually climbs to three, when I go back to the contents it tells me that the thread only has two pages. Has the contract for the new format perhaps been awarded to Capita?

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

I've waited patiently while you fixed some of the more obvious things - but its still pretty far from OK.

1. 1 post visible per screen, 2 if you're lucky. Solution: remove the redundant and repetitive User info you show on the left. If someone is interested in how many posts a user has, let them get the info by hovering over the posters avatar, or whatever. The poor use of space now is UNACCEPTABLE.
  2. The SEARCH function has not been right for a long time. But now it is almost worse than not having the feature - Has it been TESTED? It eats time when anyone who uses search is likely to be wanting to SAVE TIME.
  3. Users control panel: we used to be able to quyicly reference our last 10 posts. This was the only practical way of keeping track of multiple contributions to threads and encouraged debate. Without this feature many debates fizzle out as one or other poster has no easy link back.

These are all pretty fundamental features of a useable, mature forum.

Please fix it.

On the positive side, the B) smiley has finally been fixed.

Edit: oh NO! it hasn't. Jeez, which idiot thinks when someone does a list starting a) that the next list item should be B)? That is moronic.

Edited by JustYield

HOLA4411

I've waited patiently while you fixed some of the more obvious things - but its still pretty far from OK.

1. Users control panel: we used to be able to quyicly reference our last 10 posts. This was the only practical way of keeping track of multiple contributions to threads and encouraged debate. Without this feature many debates fizzle out as one or other poster has no easy link back.

These are all pretty fundamental features of a useable, mature forum.

Please fix it.

On the positive side, the B) smiley has finally been fixed.

Edit: oh NO! it hasn't. Jeez, which idiot thinks when someone does a list starting a) that the next list item should be B)? That is moronic.

A) I used that last 10 post thing all the time.

B);)

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
Guest AuntJess

wink.gifHave spent 24 hours struggling to log into the forum.mad.gif Everytime I typed my U/N in, although it entered my password for me - so 'knew' who I was - when I clicked to log in, it said " no sign in name entered".

I only got back in, thanks to some advice from another poster whose email I have.

Thank you kind sir...or is it madam? You know who you are...both of you!wink.gif

The main log in method is STILL faulty.sad.gif

Incidentally I am trying to post a picture in my file and it keeps saying 'upload failed.' Dunno why, it is right size etc.

Anyone had similar problems?

Edited by AuntJess

HOLA4414
Guest theboltonfury

wink.gifHave spent 24 hours struggling to log into the forum.mad.gif Everytime I typed my U/N in, although it entered my password for me - so 'knew' who I was - when I clicked to log in, it said " no sign in name entered".

I only got back in, thanks to some advice from another poster whose email I have.

Thank you kind sir...or is it madam? You know who you are...both of you!wink.gif

The main log in method is STILL faulty.sad.gif

Incidentally I am trying to post a picture in my file and it keeps saying 'upload failed.' Dunno why, it is right size etc.

Anyone had similar problems?

Yes!! I couldn't log in for 48 hours and had an identical problem. I emailled the webmaster who said he'd assign it to the list of jobs to look in to for the techies. Email him, then he's had the problem logged again and he knows it's a genuine issue.

I got round the problem by accidentaly discovering if you switch the site to Lo-Fi you can log in.

Bloody annoying though.

HOLA4415

Yes!! I couldn't log in for 48 hours and had an identical problem. I emailled the webmaster who said he'd assign it to the list of jobs to look in to for the techies. Email him, then he's had the problem logged again and he knows it's a genuine issue.

I got round the problem by accidentaly discovering if you switch the site to Lo-Fi you can log in.

Bloody annoying though.

You can log in using the spaces under neath the adverts, rather than clicking sign in. I had the same problem weeks ago, reported it too, nothing done about by the sound of things.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

I have come to the conclusion that it's time to throw the towel in.Since the format changed it has usually been impossible to get on HPC.I think I have posted seven or eight times in the last month,before that I was averaging over a hundred.I can rarely get on,usually it says that I have not put in my screen name when I have.It annoys me when people fix things that are nor broke,and then they don't work.Why not just leave it alone?

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

It annoys me when people don't read the explanations that are posted and keep on asking the same old questions!

I'll say it here and make it my last word on the matter - the new lofi doesn't meet the requirements of users who are mobile.

The reasons are as follows: as it's an expiring cookie based control now instead of a seperate URL, it reverts to a full-fat skin which you must wait for a first load each day, and then select lofi and refresh. This takes an age on a mobile phone. Big turnoff for those and drives the user to other sites who don't want to wait 4 minutes to choose lofi every day.

Second, you can't see the number of replies against a topic anymore in lofi, therefore waste a lot of time looking at short topics, whereas the reply number was used to select a topic which would provide some good lengthy reading material.

It's all about process you see, that's what makes an upgrade good or bad, and this one has hammered a lot of the regulars.

I offered to sort it for a reasonable fee on other threads and the offer is still open, although I fear a lot of people have got fed up and left now.

TFH

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

I like to read some members posts regularly (there are some interesting people on this site!) and now can't do it without going into profile - which I don't want to do. (Time consuming, boring and not interested). Please take this function back (along with the new skin).