• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
  • 2 weeks later...
HOLA446

Devon Place, Mumbles, just put their asking price up 5K from 310K to 315K.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/find.html?locationIdentifier=OUTCODE^2268&maxDaysSinceAdded=1&radius=5.0&includeSSTC=true&_includeSSTC=on&googleAnalyticsChannel=buying

28 June 2013 15:05:23

Status changed: Under offer null

20 June 2013 19:42:53

Price changed: £310,000 £315,000

Status changed: null Under offer

• 1 month later...
HOLA447

Did anyone see this property in Bellevue Road? It went under offer within a month of being listed and was the most viewed property on Zoopla for the area.

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/29696320?search_identifier=0a6e86b4ee6845fe50f8fc378fdefad4

I went to view it last week and it needs completely gutting. It has damp in most rooms, no central heating, very higgledy-piggledy rooms and the original wiring. Quite nostalgic really - haven't seen those round black light switches since I was a little girl, and 70s pink bathroom tiles in which you could see the shape of a chicken. But, the road has a lovely feel to it and the house has a flat garden at the back full of apple trees and flowers and a very pretty sea view. It also has an outside loo and a funny little outdoor pantry with a 50s Kitchen Maid in it, which weren't mentioned in the particulars. I'm always amazed when estate agents don't tell you about outside loos, as I think they are a huge plus.

The house next door sold for £182,000 in March 2010 - at auction so the EA told me though I have no way of checking this - and they have already received an offer of under £200k for this house (no.12) which had been rejected. I see it's now under offer.

Would anyone like to guess what price it goes for?

HOLA448

Did anyone see this property in Bellevue Road? It went under offer within a month of being listed and was the most viewed property on Zoopla for the area.

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/29696320?search_identifier=0a6e86b4ee6845fe50f8fc378fdefad4

I went to view it last week and it needs completely gutting. It has damp in most rooms, no central heating, very higgledy-piggledy rooms and the original wiring. Quite nostalgic really - haven't seen those round black light switches since I was a little girl, and 70s pink bathroom tiles in which you could see the shape of a chicken. But, the road has a lovely feel to it and the house has a flat garden at the back full of apple trees and flowers and a very pretty sea view. It also has an outside loo and a funny little outdoor pantry with a 50s Kitchen Maid in it, which weren't mentioned in the particulars. I'm always amazed when estate agents don't tell you about outside loos, as I think they are a huge plus.

The house next door sold for £182,000 in March 2010 - at auction so the EA told me though I have no way of checking this - and they have already received an offer of under £200k for this house (no.12) which had been rejected. I see it's now under offer.

Would anyone like to guess what price it goes for?

I hate the seagulls in that road, especially first thing in the morning when they are making a huge racket.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

But wouldn't that apply to any road in Mumbles?

I'd be interested to know what you think it will go for.

I bet it goes for less than you have been told. Three Mumbles' wrecks in the past few years have gone for less than the EA has told me the offer was - funny that - then tarted up and stuck on for 50K or so profit. I wouldn't trust a thing an EA told me.

Loads of seagulls live on the roofs of several houses in Bellevue - they make an appalling racket in the mornings making it impossible to have a lie in.

HOLA4411

I bet it goes for less than you have been told. Three Mumbles' wrecks in the past few years have gone for less than the EA has told me the offer was - funny that - then tarted up and stuck on for 50K or so profit. I wouldn't trust a thing an EA told me.

Loads of seagulls live on the roofs of several houses in Bellevue - they make an appalling racket in the mornings making it impossible to have a lie in.

Thanks very much for the local knowledge TMT, much appreciated.

On a separate note, how about the house that Dawson's have got in Newton Road which is to be sold by auction? Group viewing tomorrow at 10.00.

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/30030949?search_identifier=1a3007f58c470e9c8b9f7fe7de7efb5b

HOLA4412

Thanks very much for the local knowledge TMT, much appreciated.

On a separate note, how about the house that Dawson's have got in Newton Road which is to be sold by auction? Group viewing tomorrow at 10.00.

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/30030949?search_identifier=1a3007f58c470e9c8b9f7fe7de7efb5b

Joke price IMPO. We need a massive recession to make this lot get some commonsense.

HOLA4413

Joke price IMPO. We need a massive recession to make this lot get some commonsense.

I agree. At least with an auction you can find out straightaway what price the property goes for. I have no intention of buying this but I'm going to go and see it tomorrow and also attend the auction just so that I can start to get a feel for real selling prices in the area.

I seem to remember seeing in a separate thread that you highlighted a modern-looking house in Bellevue Road which was on for £345K a couple of years ago. Is it the same one which is for sale now at just under £310K? I thought I recognised the cushions, though I haven't got a link. From memory it looks as if the vendors had a field day in TK Maxx.

If yields go up much more on bonds/gilts then you may well get an IR rise which would hopefully cool down the property market and answer your prayers. Time will tell.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Unfortunately, a lot of Mumbles properties are worn out.

Wiring, plumbing, door locks,

all the woodwork with 45 coats of paint on them, roof slates/tiles looking dodgy, drains, downpipes.

Skirting boards half an inch above the floor which could be just shrinkage or worse.

Tired concrete slabs in the garden.

Parking difficult or non existent, street always crammed with cars.

Take the rose tinted glasses off.

Sea views are not worth anything to the owners. Once you have one, all the gloss goes within a week. A really good, beautiful view means cold, damp winters, draughty windows and doors.

The City Centre shops can be 50 miles away in summer with all the traffic

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

I agree. At least with an auction you can find out straightaway what price the property goes for. I have no intention of buying this but I'm going to go and see it tomorrow and also attend the auction just so that I can start to get a feel for real selling prices in the area.

I seem to remember seeing in a separate thread that you highlighted a modern-looking house in Bellevue Road which was on for £345K a couple of years ago. Is it the same one which is for sale now at just under £310K? I thought I recognised the cushions, though I haven't got a link. From memory it looks as if the vendors had a field day in TK Maxx.

If yields go up much more on bonds/gilts then you may well get an IR rise which would hopefully cool down the property market and answer your prayers. Time will tell.

Yep, still not sold. The one I looked at was down to 290 or 299,999 asking IIRC. It is worth viewing just to see the room with the slanting wall/ceiling. I could not stand up fully in it.

HOLA4418

Unfortunately, a lot of Mumbles properties are worn out.

Wiring, plumbing, door locks,

all the woodwork with 45 coats of paint on them, roof slates/tiles looking dodgy, drains, downpipes.

Skirting boards half an inch above the floor which could be just shrinkage or worse.

Tired concrete slabs in the garden.

Parking difficult or non existent, street always crammed with cars.

Take the rose tinted glasses off.

Sea views are not worth anything to the owners. Once you have one, all the gloss goes within a week. A really good, beautiful view means cold, damp winters, draughty windows and doors.

The City Centre shops can be 50 miles away in summer with all the traffic

+1

Filithy roads and pavements.

I was down there this afternoon and it was awful with all the families out wandering aimlessly around looking for ice cream to buy.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

plenty of the houses left in the mary twill lane development should anyone want to spent about 850k on a redrow home with no views! I don't think they have sold quite as well as the developers might have hoped.

They've 'sold so well' that they are even selling at least one of the unbuilt plots there. Says it all really.

I was speaking with an EA manger of one of the firms a few days ago and he simply pointed out that there is very little business above 200K. Said that all the 300K plus houses will be lucky to find a buyer and the hundreds of silly priced houses are all waiting for a footballer or a banker or a lotto winner.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

sounds about right to me, I had a nose down mary twill and the exterior finish in my po is not up to much, pebble dash effect and wooden boards that will look worn in no time, interesting to see how much they will reduce them by

To be frank, IMPO if they reduced them by 50% they would still be too expensive.

I viewed 4 houses on the weekend and all were bungalows or dormers with people in their 70s wanting top dollar for basicallly knackered. tired properties. It is a nonsense.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

I overheard one EA this week saying to her colleague that their Mumbles office had SSTCed 28 properties on their records currently. The colleague asked when the SSTCs had begun and most of them had gone 'sold' 5 or 6 months ago with some going SSTC in January but they had not yet completed.

So the colleague openly said "How many do you think will actually complete?".