House Price Crash Forum

Wells

HOLA441

I though smug Well was immune but:

http://www.rightmove...y-21706981.html

As I'm looking to downsize I'm almost tempted - don't like the night storage heating though. Just cheapness to install, or to stop the oldies blowing themselves up? I can't imagine there's no natural gas supply to central Wells....

Edited by cartimandua51

HOLA442
HOLA443

I though smug Well was immune but:

http://www.rightmove...y-21706981.html

As I'm looking to downsize I'm almost tempted - don't like the night storage heating though. Just cheapness to install, or to stop the oldies blowing themselves up? I can't imagine there's no natural gas supply to central Wells....

Over 55s only OAP property. High service charge.

• 5 months later...
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

So another 30-40k to go then. It's a granny flat in the middle of nowhere with no train station and shite buses. Basically only good for parking your granny there whilst she slowly dies.

Edit: And, it's a 2 floor granny flat. Wonderful.

Our definitions of "middle of nowhere" are a bit different! Where I am at present I have to get in the car & drive for 10 mins to the nearest pint of milk that isn't still in the cow. You might not like Wells, but this is at least very close to the city centre, and I can think of worse places to be parked as you age.

HOLA447

Our definitions of "middle of nowhere" are a bit different! Where I am at present I have to get in the car & drive for 10 mins to the nearest pint of milk that isn't still in the cow. You might not like Wells, but this is at least very close to the city centre, and I can think of worse places to be parked as you age.

Sure, it is a decent enough place to park yourself as you die slowly. I had made the assumption that you aren't a pensioner. I may be wrong, so go ahead, buy it. But £100k is still a lot of money for a granny flat (two-floor as well).

And, the bit about being in the middle of fooking nowhere is important. If you were young, you'd like to live somewhere (or have decent transport links to) where there are jobs and decent lifestyle things. If you are a pensioner you would want to live close to your family and relatives, but what if they've all moved away from Wells? Oh, could they come visit regularly? Sure, your grandson would love to visit but there is no train station, shite buses, and he can't afford a car, so you'll never see him.

Again, if all you wanted to buy was a granny flat in a village centre so you don't have to zimmer too far to get your milk and bread then it's fine (although still overpriced).