House Price Crash Forum

Auction - Savills Residential - 114 Lots

tommyboy

HOLA441

Lot 90 ( Guide Price: 170 Plus )

Vendor: Savills Residential

Address: Flat 1, 91 Palace Road, Streatham, London, SW2

The description from the Savills Residential website is: Leasehold Ground / Basement Flat 4 Room(s) Garden Vacant © Savills Residential

Map: Click Here

Last Sold Price: No data found for this property - Click here to search

Auction Result: Unsold ( Highest Bid was: £189,000 )

It is not possible to calculate the profit / loss upon sale as Last Sale Price is unknown.

Any inaccuracies, errors or suggestions for improvements to the reports, please PM me

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
That surprises me. I know this area and thought the guide price a little low. It's not a nice area, but it's next to a big park, a half-decent primary school, 2 mins walk away from a main line into Victoria (8 mins) and can be rented for c. 1K a month.

Not that I'd want to live there myself, but at that price I could almost buy in cash.

I live not a million miles from you too. I thought it was a bit low, but see, it went UNSOLD @ £187k.

HOLA443
HOLA444

Lot 94 ( Guide Price: 60 Plus )

Address: 134 Coombe Valley Road, Dover, Kent, CT17

The description from the Savills Residential website is: Freehold Terrace House Two Floor 4 Room(s) Garden Vacant © Savills Residential

Auction Result: Sold ( Highest Bid was: £55,000 )

It is not possible to calculate the profit / loss upon sale as Last Sale Price is unknown.

Any inaccuracies, errors or suggestions for improvements to the reports, please PM me

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

HOLA445

Lot 95 ( Guide Price: 105 Plus )

Address: 34 Sketty Road, Enfield, Middlesex, EN1

The description from the Savills Residential website is: Leasehold Ground Floor Flat Two Room(s) Garden Unmodernised Vacant © Savills Residential

Last Sold Price: £84,000 on 16/05/2002

Auction Result: Unsold ( Highest Bid was: £95,000 )

Today's auction price results in a Profit of £11,000 ( 13.1% ) since purchase on 16/05/2002.

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

HOLA446
Lot 18 ( Guide Price: 215 Plus )

Address: 44 Fairfield Avenue, Edgware, Middlesex, HA8

The description from the Savills Residential website is: Freehold Semi-Detached House Two Floor 5 Room(s) Garden Vacant © Savills Residential

Auction Result: Sold ( Highest Bid was: £240,000 )

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

Jesus didn't think it would go for that much, I viewed this and discovered a huge crack going down the middle of it coming from the foundation. Another couple were with us and thought it might be subsidence. I guess it will be cheaply patched up and flogged for a profit lol.

HOLA447

Lot 96 ( Guide Price: 130 Plus )

Address: 50A St. Leonards Street, Bow, London, E3

The description from the Savills Residential website is: Leasehold 2nd Floor Purpose Built Self-Contained Flat One Room(s) Vacant © Savills Residential

Auction Result: Unsold ( Highest Bid was: £129,000 )

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

HOLA448
but then, would they show up on previous sale prices as shared ownerships are likely to have been done post 2000?

Also, all saying unmodernised and a lot are a whole property divided into flats.

Sorry, but I think the theory fails.

Sorry, but I don't see what you're geting at? Shared Ownership deals have been going since 1983! They weren't all unmodernised or swathes of blocks of flats.

HOLA449

Lot 98 ( Guide Price: 60 Plus )

Address: 83 Mottram Rd, Broadbottom, Hyde, Cheshire, SK14

The description from the Savills Residential website is: Freehold Terrace House Two Floor Three Room(s) Yards Unmodernised Vacant © Savills Residential

Auction Result: Sold ( Highest Bid was: £68,500 )

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

HOLA4410

Lot 99 ( Guide Price: 175 Plus )

Address: 21 Sutton Close, Pinner, Middlesex, HA5

The description from the Savills Residential website is: Freehold Semi-Detached Bungalow Three Room(s) Parking Space Periodic Assured Tenancy © Savills Residential

Auction Result: Unsold ( Highest Bid was: £174,000 )

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

HOLA4411

Lot 100 ( Guide Price: 150 Plus )

Address: Flat 45, Mill Stream Lodge, Uxbridge Road, Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire, WD3

The description from the Savills Residential website is: Leasehold Ground Floor Flat Three Room(s) Periodic Assured Tenancy © Savills Residential

Auction Result: Unsold ( Highest Bid was: £159,500 )

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

HOLA4412

Lot 101 ( Guide Price: 100 Plus )

Address: 126 Albion Road, Stoke Newington, London, N16

The description from the Savills Residential website is: Leasehold 1st Floor Flat Two Room(s) Registered Rent © Savills Residential

Last Sold Price: £50,000 on 05/06/2002

Auction Result: Unsold ( Highest Bid was: £91,000 )

Today's auction price results in a Profit of £41,000 ( 82% ) since purchase on 05/06/2002.

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

HOLA4413

Lot 102 ( Guide Price: 110 Plus )

Address: 71 Durban Road, West Norwood, London, SE27

The description from the Savills Residential website is: Leasehold Ground Floor Flat 4 Room(s) Garden Unmodernised Vacant © Savills Residential

Last Sold Price: £98,000 on 17/08/2001

Auction Result: Unsold ( Highest Bid was: £129,000 )

Today's auction price results in a Profit of £31,000 ( 31.6% ) since purchase on 17/08/2001.

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

HOLA4414

Lot 104 ( Guide Price: 20 Plus )

Address: 45 Lambeth Road, Croydon, Surrey, CR0

The description from the Savills Residential website is: Freehold End of Terrace Garage/s / Store Development Potential Vacant © Savills Residential

Auction Result: Sold ( Highest Bid was: £28,000 )

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

HOLA4415

Lot 105 ( Guide Price: 60 Plus )

Address: 36 Meadowsweet Close, Haverhill, Suffolk, CB9

The description from the Savills Residential website is: Leasehold Ground Floor Purpose Built Flat Two Room(s) Unmodernised Vacant © Savills Residential

Auction Result: Unsold ( Highest Bid was: £60,000 )

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

HOLA4416
Lot 7 ( Guide Price: 80 Plus )

Address: 20A Versailles Road, Penge, London, SE20

The description from the Savills Residential website is: Leasehold Lower Ground Floor Self-Contained Flat Two Room(s) Vacant © Savills Residential

Auction Result: Sold ( Highest Bid was: £100,000 )

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

Someone got a good deal here..... I know Versailles Road well ...... under 5 mins to Crystal Palace train station, the lakes end of the park, nice street, Victorian housing stock, high ceilings etc, next to detached double fronted etc, off street parking etc. £100K seems a good price

HOLA4417

Lot 106 ( Guide Price: 110 Plus )

Address: 12A Charlton Road, Harlesden, London, NW10

The description from the Savills Residential website is: Leasehold Ground Floor Flat Two Room(s) Yards Unmodernised Vacant © Savills Residential

Auction Result: Sold ( Highest Bid was: £117,000 )

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

HOLA4418

Lot 107 ( Guide Price: 55 Plus )

Address: 15 Newlands, Honiton, Devon, EX14

The description from the Savills Residential website is: Freehold Terrace House Two Floor Three Room(s) Garden Vacant © Savills Residential

Last Sold Price: £48,000 on 30/07/2001

Auction Result: Sold ( Highest Bid was: £68,000 )

Today's auction price results in a Profit of £20,000 ( 41.7% ) since purchase on 30/07/2001.

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

HOLA4419

Lot 112 ( Guide Price: 300 Plus )

Address: 135 Knollys Road, Streatham, London, SW16

The description from the Savills Residential website is: Freehold Terrace House 4 Floor Arranged As Two Flat Garden Unmodernised Vacant © Savills Residential

Auction Result: No Bids

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

HOLA4420

Ok updated the table to remove the incorrect price paid data

View Auction Summary

not that many price paid data to rely upon and those that there is data for were purchased a fair few years ago

Any ones i missed let em know

Total sold properties: 49

Total unsold properties: 36

Total no bids: 3

Total sold prior properties: 1

Total withdrawn properties: 2

Total sold properties with price paid info: 3

Total sold / unsold properties with pricepaid info: 8

Total sales (sold properties): £13,157,000

Total sales (all properties based on highest bid): £20,124,000

Total profit loss (only sold properties with price paid info) : £79,500 (25.4%)

Total profit loss (all properties based on highest bid with price paid info) : £242,500 (12.1%)

So only 8 price paid info,

i wouldnt look too much into these figures as there is not enogh data,

Edited by tommyboy

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
88 4 Argyle Road, Tottenham, London, N17 £225,000 Sold £55,000 32% £170,000 2006-05-03 170 Plus

and

31 58 Mount View Road, Finsbury Park, London, N4 £748,000 Unsold £158,000 27% £590,000 2007-10-22 775 Plus

are very interesting results

88 sold for 225K and previously...

1 03/05/2006 £170,000 Ter. F No Map 4, Argyle Road, Haringey, London, Greater London, N17 0BE

2 03/12/2001 £115,000 Ter. F No Map 4, Argyle Road, Haringey, London, Greater London, N17 0BE

Saying now on catalogue that is available at 750K (so must have been a bid off the wall at 748k?). Maybe totally unrealistic price?

http://www.eigroup.co.uk/onlineauctions/lo...17&l=518028

So London not down and out by any means yet it would seem. Even though the really expensive property is sticking in Zone 1 and the rubbish ain't selling, the middle ground is only just knocking the 2006/7 froth off it would seem. Wonder if those who bought these to do up and flip (presume there must be some of this going on) will make anything?

To the person who asked about Norwood - it was one of the last areas to go up and seems to be one of the first to be coming down. Deepest South East London did not do so well in this auction.

HOLA4423
I've asked this on other auction threads. General view I got back was that the HAs are in trouble and haven't got the cash to do these places up to pass regulations, so once they become vacant, they shift them to try and improve their cashflow and have cash to maintain other properties. No idea if this is actually the case but sounds plausible.

This auction is the most London-centric I've seen so far. Going to be interesting. In theory, full of "do-er up-er" flats and houses.

By the way, have just noticed the "trend analysis" button on the electronic catalogue, they list how many similar properties they've sold in that street (area?) over the years and the price trend. Interesting.

They also can still get a very good price. Peabody has been selling property on the Shaftesbury estate (SW11) for 10 years as they become vacant. Latest 2 bedroom house sold for £322K. They can build (and are doing) several new 2 bed flats for that money and house more people in modern accommodation. The houses they are selling are 130 years old.