House Price Crash Forum

Essex Courts Seize Guns And Knives Brought By Attendants

inflating

HOLA441

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-17629382

Seven firearms, about 50 replica guns and nearly 3,000 knives have been confiscated in courts in the east of England over the past three years, the BBC can reveal.

After a Freedom of Information request, the government told the BBC between the financial years 2009 and 2011 officials confiscated 24,695 items.

The items include cameras, recorders and alcohol as well as weapons.

Items are seized by court security staff at the entrance or in the court if they decide they could be used as a weapon or cause a hazard to others in the building.

Recorders, but not flutes or other woodwind instruments - for example, if you bring a flute you're considered unlikely to be a crim. And if carrying a clarinet, you get the best seats

These days, can you still bring popcorn?

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

:lol: I thought you were joking.

No, I had thought people would play relevant tunes during quiet deliberatory moments - anything from The Bill to Crown Court or Rumpole Of The Bailey - generally though it sounds a bit lame unless someone is doing percussion

As you can now observe, Crown Court lends itself perfectly to a skilled recorderist, here is exhibit A

HOLA447

No, I had thought people would play relevant tunes during quiet deliberatory moments - anything from The Bill to Crown Court or Rumpole Of The Bailey - generally though it sounds a bit lame unless someone is doing percussion

As you can now observe, Crown Court lends itself perfectly to a skilled recorderist, here is exhibit A

I think the Countdown theme tune should be played while the jury is deliberating.

HOLA448
HOLA449

You often get asked, "Do you have any recording device on you?"

"Uuuh, yeah - mobile phone."

"Seriously, do you have a recorder on you?"

"No, but I can play Green Sleeves with my armpits."

When they scan with the squeaky-stick it always goes off around your ankles, but you get waved through after the guard says, "Belt buckle - has to be."

The security blah is done for the cameras so the supervisor can confirm they're doing a great job.

And sometimes the weapons are inside the court house - I've heard of a can dispenser for fizzy drinks being used to load up with ammo that was fired at the judge.

HOLA4410

Archived