House Price Crash Forum

Times Article

HOLA441
The up down up down stats show a period of market instability or flux hence uncertainty. Therefore July Aug Sept Oct should all be up showing a more confident market, especially if rates are cut. 

Is this so hard to understand?

Most likely it will look better soon, a bounce has been underway in Oz for a few months now and is also exactly what happened in 1990. UK isn't that far behind Oz so you should see a bounce soon too.

Anyone care to guess what happened after the late-1990 bounce? (Hint: think of what happens after a ball bounces up.)

:)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
2. The up down up down stats show a period of market instability or flux hence uncertainty. Therefore July Aug Sept Oct should all be up showing a more confident market, especially if rates are cut. 

Well at least you have the balls to post a prediction, not too long now to see if you were right.

HOLA443
Oh sledge how desperate you are!

1. TTRIR says the figures overall show a downward trend and that he believes in them totally.

Right, and Bob Marley says, "Every liddle t'in' is gonna be alright" But I am not Bob Marley. I am not TTRIR. When addressing me, can you please at least try to answer my points (and keep the Jacko stuff to a min (<{POST_SNAPBACK}> & <{POST_SNAPBACK}>))?

2. The up down up down stats show a period of market instability or flux

This is what I described as a "2% range"

...hence uncertainty.

Actually it shows buying and selling. "Uncertainty" is an interpretation. It could just as easily show confident buyers matched by confident sellers. It could show transfer of assets from smart money to dumb money.

...Therefore July Aug Sept Oct should all be up showing a more confident market, especially if rates are cut. 

Is this so hard to understand?

No, your opinion is clear. But it is just an opinion. It is not even evidence. Yet you cite this as "proof" of a stronger market to come. It is no such thing. Whether it marks a top (reversal) or merely a consolidation (continuation) is a matter of opinion, not proof.

.....you have nothing of substance to add. .... Try adding something of value rather than quoting me in bold. Something original.

And your "substance" is what exactly? You quote a columnist. What "something original", have you to offer in this thread?

Simple. Your opinion, What opinion? This one:

You have missed the HMS "good time to buy boat."

which you immediately contradicted and have struggled to support by asserting this one:

Now is a good time to buy

We all realise that you have made an unholy muddle of your "missing boat" argument. It is clear you don't even believe it yourself.

Edited by Sledgehead