House Price Crash Forum

The Cult Website Www.housepricecrash.co.uk

HOLA441

Brilliant! I'm sure there's a thread on this already, but that quote deserves its own topic

House prices: How low can they go? Telegraph

One who thinks so is Jonathan Davis, chartered financial planner with Armstrong Davis and spokesman for the cult website www.housepricecrash.co.uk, where those who stayed out of the property boom go to gloat. A few months ago, commentators on the housing market were lining up to pour scorn on his dire predictions. Kirstie Allsopp even called his website "sick". Now, Davis admits he has been wrong about the housing market – but only in as much as it is in a worse state than he had thought.

"In April 2007 I said I thought prices would fall by 25 per cent from peak to trough," he says. "By October 2007, I increased that to 35 per cent. Now, I think prices will fall by 40 to 50 per cent, and the market will not reach a bottom until 2011."

Fame, fame fatal fame. FP is the new Kirstie Allsopp. ;)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Well, I'd better get gloating.

*puts on smoking jacket*

*throws some more twenties on the fire*

*adjusts monocle*

*sips brandy*

*assumes Llyod Grossman accent*

I say, dear Tabitha, my lack of a house has appreciated in value by One Thousand Seven Hundred and Fifty pounds in the last month, you simply must invite that scavvy property-owning Smythe Family over so that I may throw caviar on the floor and watch them snort it off like the buy-to-let pigs that they are. Bwahahaha!

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Cult website?

I'd like to point out at this point that I was here when it was genuinely hip, when doom-mongers sat around effortlessly cool with frugal f-you nonchalance while consumer drones splashed their plastic on tat. I was here well before it was full of mainstreamers who've just learned about the HPC from the BBC news. When I came here it was a cobbled-together thing with a freebie bravenet forum.

I'm member 24 for gawd's sake.

HOLA4411
Cult website?

I'd like to point out at this point that I was here when it was genuinely hip, when doom-mongers sat around effortlessly cool with frugal f-you nonchalance while consumer drones splashed their plastic on tat. I was here well before it was full of mainstreamers who've just learned about the HPC from the BBC news. When I came here it was a cobbled-together thing with a freebie bravenet forum.

I guess that makes you a cult leader. 24th of the 24 elders.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
Cult website?

I str in 2001. Walked it. Talked it. waaah waaaah.

Only found about this place when i started shitting bricks about Icesave. ;)

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

Dis ain't no mofoing cult, dude. This is a mofoing hood, fo mah no-homes homes.

Word. Houses? They going down!

GangSign.jpg

post-8170-1227816106_thumb.jpg

Edited by DissipatedYouthIsValuable

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Never gloated once. Click my user name, view my posts.........

Never taken pleasure in the plight of others.

Maybe people believed you had to get onto the ladder before it was too late and this idea was pushed onto us by the mainstream media.

Lower prices will help everyone in the end.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Surely house prices at sensible levels benefits everyone. This makes it easier for people to move up the ladder as their next step isn’t so far out of reach.

The only losers in this whole sorry state are the people who over-paid in the last 3 years and the people who saw their home as a bank borrowing money on its increase in value.

House price collapse WILL benefit all in the long term.

HOLA4423

who is in the original 10...the original originals...

and the elusive one...there can only be one...

cut film trailer, with epic crappy choirs arrrrgghhhhsss

they thought it would go on forever

(cue tidal wave from 2012 film with kirsty ringing the bell tower)

whooooshhh

a mountain of used fivers roars over the highest peak in hampstead....

HOLA4424
I str in 2001. Walked it. Talked it. waaah waaaah.

Only found about this place when i started shitting bricks about Icesave. ;)

That what they all say. I was here in early 2005 when this joint was a dating website. :lol:

HOLA4425

While exposure in such an esteemed publication as the Torygraph is of course welcome, when considering how much weight its articles on property carry one must bear in mind that this same paper once interviewed HPC's very own Bruno 'my rectum is my vagina' Powroznik alongside luminaries such as Roger Bootle...