House Price Crash Forum

Prices In Esher/elmbridge

welshy

HOLA441

Somehow I missed this, but it seems there is planning permission for massive building at the old L&G site.  

https://www.housingtoday.co.uk/news/landg-wins-270-home-permission-via-virtual-committee/5105568.article

Seems to be a sprawl of retirement homes, that'll put pressure on the local medical services, but might free up a few homes for younger folk!

That said, the locals are probably furious as the L&G site is actually in the Greenbelt.

Though I can see why Reigate and Banstead Council might want to build more and cheaper homes in the Kingswood area. If anything, the M25 is a useful nearby transport route and its probably better than construction in Reigate which has lower road capacity.

They could also easily squeeze a few hundred more homes in or around the various light industrial sites down the Brighton Road. I'll have to see how this develops.

BTW the above is something I just posted in the Kingswood thread, but I decided to follow the advice given to me in that thread by @Joey Buttafueco Jr  to post in the Elmbridge, though that was 13 years ago (clearly a slow learner). Though in my defence Kingswood was so overpriced that it kind of needed its own thread.

Anyway, I am getting the impression that Reigate and Banstead Council seem to be viewing Kingswood as a rather good place for some cheaper new builds now - having previously only allowed very expensive ones. It kind of makes sense as the main centres in the Borough are narrow for traffic (though maybe the future is eScooters), whereas Kingswood has the main Brighton Road straight down to the M25.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic