House Price Crash Forum

Just Paid £1 Off My Mortgage With 2p I've Found On The Floor

HOLA441

The past couple of months have been dire, although from previous experience this time of year finding anything on the floor is tough with poor light etc... Although I don't think the weather has helped much either with virtual continual rain in Dec.

This month has got off to a monumental start found 4p yesterday!

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

The past couple of months have been dire, although from previous experience this time of year finding anything on the floor is tough with poor light etc... Although I don't think the weather has helped much either with virtual continual rain in Dec.

This month has got off to a monumental start found 4p yesterday!

Keep the faith, bro. It's been hard for all of us, but the tide always turns at low tide... 2p so far this month for me...

HOLA443
HOLA444

I have yet to start my STB (Scavenge To Buy) fund. Since first reading this thread, I've walked around with eyes fixed on the pavement like some manic depressive but have yet to score. It's really quite depressing. I blame the cashless economy.

HOLA445

I have yet to start my STB (Scavenge To Buy) fund. Since first reading this thread, I've walked around with eyes fixed on the pavement like some manic depressive but have yet to score. It's really quite depressing. I blame the cashless economy.

Your first mistake is just focussing on the pavement, whilst money can of course be found there you need to improve your peripheral vision to scan grass verges, the gutter and roads. 2p I found yesterday was in the grass next to the pavement.

Have you tried looking around your local secondary school after the kids go home, especially near the bus stop which might make it easier to get started.

HOLA446

Your first mistake is just focussing on the pavement, whilst money can of course be found there you need to improve your peripheral vision to scan grass verges, the gutter and roads. 2p I found yesterday was in the grass next to the pavement.

Have you tried looking around your local secondary school after the kids go home, especially near the bus stop which might make it easier to get started.

That's so wrong, on so many levels.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Top tip for those put off by turning up at the bank with bags of pennies - my local natwest have got one of those coin star type machines like the supermarkets, but you pay straight into your account and they don't deduct 10% or whatever

I'm amazed banks haven't rolled these out, surely they could bring in a small fortune?

HOLA4413

I can now join this thread. Bought last year.

Will collect anything found & try to overpay as much as possible

but on a serious note

Will overpay using :

-Money from eBay sales of old items,

-Increased overtime at work,

(Trying to come up with more money making ideas)

If your good looking have you considered pimping yourself out or doing pron? :P

• 1 month later...
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

4.50 so far this year. Lots of 20 pences. Wife found a quid in the 99p store of all places!

Found one of those key ring fake £1 coins that releases a supermarket trolley yesterday. Not quite sure how to enter that on the balance sheet.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Found someone's passport in the street. Handed it in to Plod and the next day someone came round to thank me with a card and £10. Does that count?

I'd say it does. You did find something of value, I'm sure you could have got more on the black market for a passport.

Although trying to hand anything into our local police now is a nightmare as the front desk is closed and you have to ring up to get an "appointment".

HOLA4423

I found 20 quid in the middle of the ******ing road outside a neighbour's house this afternoon. Don't know what to do with it. Feel bad for picking it up but it was there in the road next to where i parked.

If it's making you feel bad why pick it up? Why not leave it for someone to find who won't feel bad about picking it up?

If you didn't see someone drop it there's not much you could do to return it.

HOLA4424

If it's making you feel bad why pick it up? Why not leave it for someone to find who won't feel bad about picking it up?

If you didn't see someone drop it there's not much you could do to return it.

I seriously thought about leaving it there and had it been next to a parked car, i probably would have tucked it into the door or something. But no one was about and the enarest car was my wife's.

HOLA4425