House Price Crash Forum

New Build, Energy Performance Certs And Mortgages

HOLA441

Got a couple of questions regarding new builds, it is not a big box builder, tiny builder no obvious building co. involvement, almost like selling a self-build.

1. Does the seller need an EPC for it? (I would imagine it is but agent does not have one)

2. Do mortgage providers require a New Homes, NHBC type guarantee on new/recent builds?

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

i could be wrong, this is from memory, but when i was looking into buidling my own house i had to have a builder who was on the HNBC register or a chartered architect who could satisfy the HNBC to give a 10 year gurantee for the property once built.

this was also a clause put in by the mortgage companies that i had a gurantee for the works, before they would release any money for the build.

this was also a requirement for buildings insurance as well

once the 10 years is up, then house is deemed fit for purpose and no gurantee was needed

HOLA447

i could be wrong, this is from memory, but when i was looking into buidling my own house i had to have a builder who was on the HNBC register or a chartered architect who could satisfy the HNBC to give a 10 year gurantee for the property once built.

this was also a clause put in by the mortgage companies that i had a gurantee for the works, before they would release any money for the build.

this was also a requirement for buildings insurance as well

once the 10 years is up, then house is deemed fit for purpose and no gurantee was needed

Thanks.