House Price Crash Forum

Bizarre Interior

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Good God :blink: A fair few grand getting all lot that ripped out & redone in less mad colours. And that carpet is just shocking :-(

I guess some people don't realise that their own taste in decor might be totally unsaleable. Check out previous Property Ladder episodes from plenty of this, especally the two sisters doing up the Art Deco place down Brighton way. Remember all the mad Indian / flowery stuff on the walls that *all* potential buyers said they would paint over if they bought it?

I'd keep the fireplace though. Obviously not original, but it looks cool. And that lovely big conservatory is just crying out to be a huge chillout zone & ganja plantation.

The house ain't worth £265K tho - nowhere near.

HOLA446

Well personally, I think it's rather blingin' :P

Snooping around the inside of places can be interesting. I even showed rightmove to my gran once.. she wanted to see what the inside of various places near to where she lived looked like, even knew who lived in one of them.

Edited by DementedTuna

HOLA447

:wacko: It's the chaises long that really tops it off. There's just so much of everything in there. I could probably live with the carpet (it certainly wouldn't show any stains - you'd never be worried about someone spilling red wine on it - it would all blend in rather nicely), if it wasn't for the swags and tails curtains.

I quite like the conservatory it's bizarrely modern in comparison- and in a kitsch way, the victoriana-esque pub bar in the corner of it adds a certain je ne sais quois...

HOLA448
HOLA449
  • 1 month later...
HOLA4410

And it's not like they've changed agents, or the price...

I guess a sale must have fallen through - never mind, it just means they'll have to live in the monstrosity they created for a little bit longer :P

The thing is, £265k isn't a winning price - it's too close to the stamp duty threshold to be worth it... I don't imagine they'll get anyone even bothering to look now till it's below £250k

• 5 weeks later...
HOLA4411

Hadn't noticed before - down the bottom of the ad:

Agents Note

The vendor of this property is a relative of a member of staff at William H Brown Watton.

Now you would have thought that you'd be in a pretty good position - you should be getting the best advice and knowing that you should take the advice... wonder why they've been so stubborn over the price till now?

I'm starting to think that 2 generations live here - the older people have the rooms of the house, and the younger ones have the conservatory - there's living and dining space in both (as well as another conservatory looking at the details) so plenty of space for both sets.

• 3 weeks later...
HOLA4412

This is the most bizarre house i have come across in Ipswich

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-183...14&tr_t=buy

Imagine a house designed by Peter Stringfellow's favourite interior decorator, after he got blind drunk and suffered a bad acid trip, If you are after orange and brown ceilings, this is the house for you.

Owned by an unfortunate chap whose Spanish wife ran off with all his reddies.

HOLA4413
  • 6 months later...
HOLA4414

Ugh!

The lounge looks like it doubles as a hairdressers, the kitchen as some sort of catering operation and...heaven knows what sort of business the bedroom is being used for! :blink:

Somehow the grannified property with floral wallpaper, boudoir bathrooms and loud carpets doesn't seem so bad after seeing that!

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
Ugh!

The lounge looks like it doubles as a hairdressers, the kitchen as some sort of catering operation and...heaven knows what sort of business the bedroom is being used for! :blink:

Somehow the grannified property with floral wallpaper, boudoir bathrooms and loud carpets doesn't seem so bad after seeing that!

Those black floor tiles are standard on ex-LA flats, horrible looking things.

• 2 months later...
HOLA4417

Woah!! It looks very different without the eccentric furnishings to give it an excuse to look like that... and is that a microwave in a very low spot in the kitchen?

I'm presuming if they've moved out, and the plants are still green, that they're artificial ones. I'd been so impressed that they managed to keep them all looking so well in those pots - obviously I was wrong!

The more I look, the more I see what's wrong with it - that furniture really did disguise all that was wrong with the property - there are pale pink ruched curtains with burgandy and gold swaga and tails, with yellow and pinkish walls with burgundy dado rails - and on top of that, there's the carpet, and a lot of clashing terracota brickwork! Not to mention that now it's pretty easy to tell that it's a bit of an odd place to have a fireplace... did I miss anything?

Well spotted Ianbe - that's the problem with re-listings, you can't follow the real price changes, unless alternative records are kept. Can't wait to see what it finally sells for.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
  • 3 months later...
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

It really does! I was clicking on the link, thinking "well, that'll increase the value by a bit, as it'll save a job that needs doing once bought..." but actually, it's not much of an improvment. I see they haven't updated the picture of the back of the house.

The owners really like making bold colour statements don't they?!

HOLA4422

I actually quite like that place! B) I love the kitchen and the bathroom with its funky red tiles.

Agreed, the mint green looks crap and its still green at the back of the bungalow. Repaint this and replace the blue living room and bedroom carpets and I'd be quite happy living there! :)

• 1 month later...
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

I would have thought £210k would be on the button for that property. Its quite a large place with plenty of rooms for entertaining.

I suppose peeps who have viewed it and have offered have been putting in low-ish offers as its going to cost a heck of a lot of money to de-personalise the place and put in a proper bath in the 'shower room'.

• 3 months later...
HOLA4425

Certainly looks like its owned by an arty type person.

Did anyone ever see that Channel 4 programme called "Selling Houses" a few years back where desparate vendors could not sell their homes because of the dated or ghastly décor? This house would certainly be a candidate.