House Price Crash Forum

My View On The World...

lee_81

HOLA441

Exercise for the OP: If you bought your BTL empire with interest only mortgages, how confident are you house prices will be higher on the day you have to cough up the principal than they were when you bought? House prices in Japan are still below their 1989 peak 21 years later. Japan has had QE and zero interest rates for decades. You have placed a one-way six figure bet on inflation. Good luck with that.

I have a 25 year term on the mortgages with say between 19-23 years remaining on average. Thats a very long time in the future so I am not panicking about it now. Anyway, with my mortgage shortly reverting to the SVR (often base+say 1%) I can easily go onto capital repayments.

Not a big deal either way.

HOLA442

I'm not an estate agent either, i'm a valuer. I value for bank and various other lending institutions on large commercial properties, large single residential houses (£10m+), development sites, companies which are the subject of takeovers etc etc

Yet you are posting from a well known chain of estate agents!

Enough of this charade. Off to the Troll Sub Forum with you.

HOLA443

I have a 25 year term on the mortgages with say between 19-23 years remaining on average. Thats a very long time in the future so I am not panicking about it now. Anyway, with my mortgage shortly reverting to the SVR (often base+say 1%) I can easily go onto capital repayments.

Not a big deal either way.

:D You're a troll, but definitely a good one! 10-14% yields, moving onto an SVR at base + 1%... Do you ride a unicorn to work?

HOLA444

A 'part-time' landlord is someone with a few BTLs in the background which generally run themselves. They yield between 10-14%.

I was sad when the post from fedup petered out; it tickled my fancy… but just as one disappears into the anals (yep) of history another delightfully funny post pops up.

Part time landlord my smelly bum! You are a BTL Landlord.

Your initial post has no objective analysis... i thought you were a surveyor? Surely you could come up with some incisive, input with evidence to back up your arguments instead of the same old same old dross we hear from every BTL landlord and property VI out there. It’s really rather dull reading

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Well well

This bloke has his point.

Do the rest of you feel so threatened you gota give him crrap?

Any way its probably Bardon or Ozzy boy under a nother name ;)

I wonder just what will happen next?

Bonds are priced for deflation.

Shares are priced for boom times.

Houses are holding up well considering we are facing the Abiss.

Me I am holding on hoping for finantual melt down

HOLA448
HOLA449

Well well

This bloke has his point.

Do the rest of you feel so threatened you gota give him crrap?

Any way its probably Bardon or Ozzy boy under a nother name ;)

I wonder just what will happen next?

Bonds are priced for deflation.

Shares are priced for boom times.

Houses are holding up well considering we are facing the Abiss.

Me I am holding on hoping for finantual melt down

Thank you.

I'm not Bardon or Ozzy.

Its as if people on this forum cant accept anyone who doesnt believe in HPC. Its pathetic really.

You should all listen to other peoples view, atleast then you can make better informed decisions.

HOLA4410

The board setting are fine. When a new member posts a new topic on the main forum it needs to be approved by a moderator. This one was funny.

Yet you are posting from a well known chain of estate agents!Enough of this charade. Off to the Troll Sub Forum with you.

Well they lasted a long time!

Nice to know the board settings are working.

HOLA4411

I do indeed achieve such yields.

One by one, everything that conspired to hold up house prices - is being withdrawn!

Even the politicians and media articles are now setup to promote the idea of a house price 'reduction'! There woz even a thread taking the pee out of the word they were using recently.

Why are you a 'neither' when you are clearly not!

Edited by erranta

HOLA4412

Yet you are posting from a well known chain of estate agents!

Enough of this charade. Off to the Troll Sub Forum with you.

Can't you post a link to the street web cam/google up your street?

HOLA4413

One by one, everything that conspired to hold up house prices - is being withdrawn!

Even the politicians and media articles are now setup to promote the idea of a house price 'reduction'! There woz even a thread taking the pee out of the word they were using recently.

Why are you a 'neither' when you are clearly not!

What exactly is being "withdrawn"?

IRs are still low. There are mortgages availble but just not the silly self certs. The planning regime is still very tight. Your not really making any sense.

HOLA4414

I find it a little redudant to talk of rents in terms of the price you paid for them.

Are you really recieving £1,000 a month on £85,000 pound property?

What is your yield based on? ROCE? Gross rents/Purchase price?

I've been told that you shouldn't sell an investment property - but one of the first things an invest needs to know is when to get into the market and when to get out.

If you have really been here lurking for 2 years - you might have done some reading into different types of bubbles.

Do you really think that house prices can be sustained at current levels?

And why have you bought in the UK - maybe property is a great investment - but that investment is better made in Sao Paulo or Chennai - why up'north?

have you jumped on the bandwagon and since you're not the driver (you don't actually do anything to earn your property profits - you've just benefitted from the market - right) you'll stay on until the final destination.

I think this is called the Inside Track railway. The express route to guaranteed wealth and properity. :lol:

HOLA4415

What exactly is being "withdrawn"?

IRs are still low. There are mortgages availble but just not the silly self certs. The planning regime is still very tight. Your not really making any sense.

Ignorant troll - you don't make any sense if you have been "reading this site for two years"!