House Price Crash Forum

Started Looking To Buy....

Guest Fedup

HOLA441
Guest Fedup

Sold in 2007 (5 bed, detatched family home). Rented for 3 years while the gf was at university. She just graduated with a 1st class Law Degree and now has a job. We have a dog, both in our 20's, both in work.....seems to be the right time to buy for us now, even though I think the market is still vastly overpriced.

I am not a bull or a bear because I feel a hypocrite pretending to be a bear when i was lucky enough to profit by selling at "the right time". However, houses havent really dropped much at all (probably risen where I am looking to buy). I am not a bull as I don't care whether I make money or not anymore, but just want a decent family home again in our new area.

Our rental property is ok, but far too small to consider buying, it was just convenient location-wise, allowed us to have a dog, allowed me to add to my savings each month, and gave us the flexbility to move quickly once the GF graduated. I was planning to emmigrate when my girlfriend graduated, but unfortunately both of us have put down roots here (which i tried to avoid, partly by not buying!), and we think we enjoy a good quality of life.

I can keep you posted how I get on, but if people call me a troll/whatever than fair enough.....I hope my previous posts over the years show that I have a pretty balanced point of view, and realise I am fortunate in a very overpriced market.

I am looking to buy in the SE, am flabbergasted at the prices people are still paying, and am sad that I will have to compete with this. I am just thankful that I can.

Well I'd like to hear how you get on. I prefer to have the information, then make the decision as to whether it's trolling or not. Maybe worth posting in the Anecdotals. Good luck with your hunt.

Moderator edit: Original post restored for clarity after OP edited it out.

Edited by The Moderators

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Sold in 2007 (5 bed, detatched family home). Rented for 3 years while the gf was at university. She just graduated with a 1st class Law Degree and now has a job. We have a dog, both in our 20's, both in work.....seems to be the right time to buy for us now, even though I think the market is still vastly overpriced.

I am not a bull or a bear because I feel a hypocrite pretending to be a bear when i was lucky enough to profit by selling at "the right time". However, houses havent really dropped much at all (probably risen where I am looking to buy). I am not a bull as I don't care whether I make money or not anymore, but just want a decent family home again in our new area.

Our rental property is ok, but far too small to consider buying, it was just convenient location-wise, allowed us to have a dog, allowed me to add to my savings each month, and gave us the flexbility to move quickly once the GF graduated. I was planning to emmigrate when my girlfriend graduated, but unfortunately both of us have put down roots here (which i tried to avoid, partly by not buying!), and we think we enjoy a good quality of life.

I can keep you posted how I get on, but if people call me a troll/whatever than fair enough.....I hope my previous posts over the years show that I have a pretty balanced point of view, and realise I am fortunate in a very overpriced market.

I am looking to buy in the SE, am flabbergasted at the prices people are still paying, and am sad that I will have to compete with this. I am just thankful that I can.

Well I'd like to hear how you get on. I prefer to have the information, then make the decision as to whether it's trolling or not. Maybe worth posting in the Anecdotals. Good luck with your hunt.

HOLA446

I wouldnt call the poster a troll.

I love anecdotals.

I will be rivited..

did I say something wrong?

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

I'd like to hear how your house hunt and purchase goes in the current Market. Where aboutsq are you looking in the south east? Maybe start an anecdotal thread to update now and then on your progress, I think most people here would be interested to read it.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Didn't you inherit a house last year?

Good lord Bruce.. you've a memory like an elephant! :blink:

Edit to add: Think you might have been a little quick off the mark Bruce. Had a quick look at some old posts and don't detect signs of trolling really.

Not sure what happened with the house thing.. I presume he sold it.

Benefit of the doubt for now. Good luck Fedup, hope it all works out for you.

Edited by libspero

HOLA4419

Good lord Bruce.. you've a memory like an elephant! :blink:

Nah, just recognise an obvious troll and read their old posts. Time consuming but rewarding :D.

The troll will now do one of two things...

1, Go away and lick it's wounds...

or..

2, Attempt to defend it's integrity as though it were in a court of law :rolleyes:.

I wonder which type this is...

HOLA4420
Guest Fedup

Eh?

Yes i did inherit a house......As I said, i was lucky.......exactly as someone said "a 5 bed house in my twenties??......" I am NOT a banker/millionaire/whatever. I realise the market is overpriced and I fear for my kids (when I have some) should it continue this way. Inspite of this, I am a higher rate taxpayer (no, not the new 50% bracket), and have a 1st class Masters in Engineering.

I realise I am someone that is lucky in what I consider a very overpriced housing market.

Also, it really isn't hard to track who has posted what......it's part of the functionality of the forum!

Getting seriously negative vibes though, and I am not sure why......I am happy to post my experience for the benefit of others, but if im just going to get abuse then I will just keep quiet. The reason I wanted to post is because I feel that this forum has been very informative for me over the years......so I wanted to give something (however worthless) back. The anecdotals people have posted have been very helpful to me, and I would to like to reciprocate.

If people aren't interested then i will just keep quiet.

HOLA4421

Eh?

Yes i did inherit a house......As I said, i was lucky.......exactly as someone said "a 5 bed house in my twenties??......" I am NOT a banker/millionaire/whatever. I realise the market is overpriced and I fear for my kids (when I have some) should it continue this way. Inspite of this, I am a higher rate taxpayer (no, not the new 50% bracket), and have a 1st class Masters in Engineering.

I realise I am someone that is lucky in what I consider a very overpriced housing market.

Also, it really isn't hard to track who has posted what......it's part of the functionality of the forum!

Getting seriously negative vibes though, and I am not sure why......I am happy to post my experience for the benefit of others, but if im just going to get abuse then I will just keep quiet. The reason I wanted to post is because I feel that this forum has been very informative for me over the years......so I wanted to give something (however worthless) back. The anecdotals people have posted have been very helpful to me, and I would to like to reciprocate.

If people aren't interested then i will just keep quiet.

Ah, it's a type 2 :lol:.

HOLA4422

Sounds like he has been very lucky. First of all buys a 5 bedroom detached house (In the South East, so must have been £400k+) when he is in his early 20's and then sells it at the peak of the market and then a year later inherits a house. The following year his partner graduates with a First in Law and immediately gets a job. He has a dog that can probably perform tricks

I believe he is possibly living in the Truman Show.

HOLA4423
Guest Fedup

Eh...just read the replies.....if only you could have seen how vehementaly I have argued that houses are overpriced and been ridiculed by my peers, both social and work-related.

Please delete this thread, it's obviously pointless and I am trolling for.......I don't know, I really don't....

Check my rants at Sibley......but ofc that obviously means I am Sibley in disguise....

Edited by Fedup

HOLA4424
Guest Fedup

Sounds like he has been very lucky. First of all buys a 5 bedroom detached house (In the South East, so must have been £400k+) when he is in his early 20's and then sells it at the peak of the market and then a year later inherits a house. The following year his partner graduates with a First in Law and immediately gets a job. He has a dog that can probably perform tricks

I believe he is possibly living in the Truman Show.

Sort of correct, bought a house in the NORTH WEST.......was lucky to Inherit a house, IN THE NORTH WEST, sold it........move down south due to the GF being at Uni.....rented in the SE........partner graduates, spends 4 weeks applying for jobs every day (10+ per day), gets turned down by all but one, finally gets a job, is happy (not doing Law.......business development instead).

And my dog is quite thick acutally.

HOLA4425

Sort of correct, bought a house in the NORTH WEST.......was lucky to Inherit a house, IN THE NORTH WEST, sold it........move down south due to the GF being at Uni.....rented in the SE........partner graduates, spends 4 weeks applying for jobs every day (10+ per day), gets turned down by all but one, finally gets a job, is happy (not doing Law.......business development instead).

And my dog is quite thick acutally.

See my edit above.

Good luck.