• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#46 Democorruptcy

Democorruptcy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,242 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 01:37 PM

Your son could play hard ball here. Pull out and when the agent comes back with his tail between his legs, offer 5K less.

I'm no good at buying houses and it would have shown in that situation because immediately I took that first call my offer would have been withdrawn, phone down. If they came back begging they would have to accept a reduced offer.

Maybe on that sort of call you tell them what time you make it and say your offer is being reduced by x per minute, it takes the agent to confirm you are the buyer?

How can you prove that another buyer even existed? They offered more but it wasn't accepted?

As the next poster suggests gazundering must cross your mind if that is the sort of people you are dealing with. On completion day.... another person has offered to sell us a house at a cheaper price... "Do you want to reduce yours?"
Democorruptcy
If you say "Democorruptcy" quickly, it sounds a bit like "Democracy". In a "Democracy" people vote for politicians who represent their interests. In the UK's "Democorruptcy" people can only vote for expense fiddling thieving MPs who are in the hip pocket of big business and the finance sector.

Governbankment
A "Governbankment" is a Government that has no line between itself and it's banks. The UK's Governbankment does policies to enrich bankers at the expense of the public. The more money people are encouraged to borrow, the more money bankers make.

The Funding for Lending Scheme (FLS) is stealing from savers to make them pay for crimes by bankers. Via lower interest on savings, all the bank fines for PPI, LIBOR and interest rates swaps are now being paid by savers so that bankers can keep pocketing bonuses.

"We need to make a really big change: from an economy built on debt to an economy built on savings" - David Camoron Jan 2009
"Printing money is the last resort of desperate governments when all other policies have failed" - George Osborne Jan 2009
- So what do Camoron & Osborne do? Print money and leave interest rates at 0.5% when inflation is over 5%

If it is asserted that civilization is a real advance in the condition of man -- and I think that it is, though only the wise improve their advantages -- it must be shown that it has produced better dwellings without making them more costly; and the cost of a thing is the amount of what I will call life which is required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run.
http://classiclit.ab...en-Part-2_4.htm

I want to tell you my secret now.... I see debt people

#47 cartimandua51

cartimandua51

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,507 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:40 PM

I'm no good at buying houses and it would have shown in that situation because immediately I took that first call my offer would have been withdrawn, phone down. If they came back begging they would have to accept a reduced offer.

Maybe on that sort of call you tell them what time you make it and say your offer is being reduced by x per minute, it takes the agent to confirm you are the buyer?

How can you prove that another buyer even existed? They offered more but it wasn't accepted?

As the next poster suggests gazundering must cross your mind if that is the sort of people you are dealing with. On completion day.... another person has offered to sell us a house at a cheaper price... "Do you want to reduce yours?"

Exchange, not completion, unless you want to sacrifice your 10% deposit!
Also, you do risk a vendor not being that desperate and telling you to stuff it - their legal fees will be minimal but you will have incurred all sorts of expenses by way of mortgage arrangement fees (not necessarily transferable to the next property), and surveyors fees (totally wasted). That's one reason why some vendors won't withdraw their house from the market until it's been surveyed - it sorts out the time-wasters.
Posted Image

#48 Number79

Number79

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,100 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:59 PM

Exchange, not completion, unless you want to sacrifice your 10% deposit!
Also, you do risk a vendor not being that desperate and telling you to stuff it - their legal fees will be minimal but you will have incurred all sorts of expenses by way of mortgage arrangement fees (not necessarily transferable to the next property), and surveyors fees (totally wasted). That's one reason why some vendors won't withdraw their house from the market until it's been surveyed - it sorts out the time-wasters.

True but it is always worth a shot, if it doesnt work out then you lose the 500-800 spent on a survey. But if it does work out then you save x amount of thousands on the purchase and then double it for the saving over a 25 year mortgage.

#49 SNACR

SNACR

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:30 PM

If you can't stand the EAs you could retain an agent to act on your behalf.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users