House Price Crash Forum

Oillies

Fawkandles

HOLA441

What's your view on TPL LD please?

Tethys? Only briefly glanced at them so no opinion really. The numbers are big, but aren't they always? Central Asia not my area of knowledge, I only know a bit about the Falklands and the Middle East. Maybe I'll have a look this weekend, am always interested in new things, and will post my initial thoughts for discussion.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

I agree - I cannot understand the valuations on those falkland shares. Extremely difficult area to drill that must chew through your funding.

Broad brush tarring there. A couple of the NFB oilies are a stonking buy at these prices, the SFB very much less so. I agree FOGL and BOR have been overpriced for much (all?) of their campaign, hence stayed away from them.

p.s. NFB is analogous to the North Sea, and in some respects is easier to work in.

HOLA443

Broad brush tarring there. A couple of the NFB oilies are a stonking buy at these prices, the SFB very much less so. I agree FOGL and BOR have been overpriced for much (all?) of their campaign, hence stayed away from them.

p.s. NFB is analogous to the North Sea, and in some respects is easier to work in.

Ok - fair comment.

But look at it this way. There's a huge difference between an exploration company and a producing oillie. GKP have humungous proven reserves and moving towards production. The shares are curently £220 based on reserves of 13.5 billion barrels. Whereas, the Falkland oilies have......nothing, zilch, nada. But their shares are trading at a premium.

The problem with GKP is getting the oil to market. I predict we will see £1400 - £1800 per share when the big boys buy the company out. And I reckon it will happen sooner than most investors realise. Infact, I predict that the negotiations are currently underway, and the auction will be between China and American Oil Companies.

HOLA444

If you are interested, I've a link to some info which I shall be having a look at.

From a chart perspective, under 30p looks to be a screaming buy as there is resistance there.

The company (Tethys) will need to raise funds and make a placement soon. I'd hang-on for a while. They have huge reserves of oil and gas, but it is in dangerous bandit country.

Another one to keep an eye on is CLON. The BODs have spent their way therough £1.5 million over the year, and down to 500K. They too will need to raise cash, which will see the shares fall to 2p or below. Then pile in. They are next to Tullow's Jubilee field. The shares will motor when they get ratification with Ghana. Definitely worth buying, say 100,000, and waiting.

Edited by Davetolbooth

HOLA445

But look at it this way. There's a huge difference between an exploration company and a producing oillie. GKP have humungous proven reserves and moving towards production. The shares are curently £220 based on reserves of 13.5 billion barrels. Whereas, the Falkland oilies have......nothing, zilch, nada. But their shares are trading at a premium.

Correct. Big difference between exploration and producer. Incorrect, as in the Falkland oilies have oil, loads of it - I think you just have to look closer.

p.s. GKP do not have reserves!

The company (Tethys) will need to raise funds and make a placement soon. I'd hang-on for a while. They have huge reserves of oil and gas, but it is in dangerous bandit country.

I've not had the time to look at TPL - was enjoying the sun too much. But yes, cash requirement is a big factor in appraising junior oil E&P companies.

Edit: to add, also producing in itself is not the end-factor - how much is the company being paid for each barrel? For example with Genel and the tidbit that GKP is producing - what is the payment?

Edited by Lagarde's Drift

• 2 months later...
HOLA446

In regards to GKP, no there are no reserves yet, but OIP figures keep increasing. Some suggest that some of the zones will be linked and if that is true this will be one massive find. I wonder if that's why reserves are not yet released (and because they want the Excalibur court case out of the way first).

My prediction is GKP will be trading at over £6 a share come 2013, if they get taken out, anything north of £10 would be cheap.

• 3 weeks later...
HOLA447

Not so sure about that. Did you see the recent **** up?

Tell us more mate. I've not heard that one.

Excal court case is underway. Cannot see it going 12 weeks though. Excaliburs arguments seem week and the judge told their legal team to go away and do some more homework! Not a good start.

I've taken two profits from GKP. It's one volatile beast. But missed the last drop, so stuck on a spike at the moment.