House Price Crash Forum

Gold Resumes Surge As New Qe Rumor Is Back

HOLA441

We guessed it wouldn't be too long before the next rumor was dropped and Gold is surging - now over $1670 - on this latest chatter... Don't tell Gartman, but gold is now of 5% higher in math terms from the minute the "world renowned" gold swing trader sold everything 7 days ago.

20120412_Gold_0.png

Chart: Bloomberg

Incidentally, for all those lamenting the alleged endless manipulation by this bank or that, here is the math: one could have bought much more gold at the manipulated lower price of $1610 from a week ago, than today. Always pays, literally, to keep things in perspective.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/gold-resumes-surge-new-qe-rumor-back

Edited by Asheron

HOLA442

We guessed it wouldn't be too long before the next rumor was dropped and Gold is surging - now over $1670 - on this latest chatter... Don't tell Gartman, but gold is now of 5% higher in math terms from the minute the "world renowned" gold swing trader sold everything 7 days ago.

20120412_Gold_0.png

Chart: Bloomberg

Incidentally, for all those lamenting the alleged endless manipulation by this bank or that, here is the math: one could have bought much more gold at the manipulated lower price of $1610 from a week ago, than today. Always pays, literally, to keep things in perspective.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/gold-resumes-surge-new-qe-rumor-back

Gold seemed like a much better investment when it was $600.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

I should add.......I meant the Fed will play it down.

I fully expect a QE3 to start in november though. I believe QE1 and QE2 both started in november 2 and 4 years ago. If im wrong you can correct me but a QE3 in November 2012 is also around the USA election time too. So interesting times ahead.

HOLA447

I should add.......I meant the Fed will play it down.

I fully expect a QE3 to start in november though. I believe QE1 and QE2 both started in november 2 and 4 years ago. If im wrong you can correct me but a QE3 in November 2012 is also around the USA election time too. So interesting times ahead.

+1

My personal feeling on QE3 has been it will not happen until after the election. $2,000 gold for Christmas?

Edited by Take Me Back To London!

HOLA448

My personal feeling is that QE3 is probably QE4 :) in fact they are probably printing paper 24/7