HOLA441
HOLA442
South Wales Evening Post

HPC mentioned in i/v with Financial Planner

Kay Byrne - is she an HPCer I wonder?

Anyone know her?

Also the web version: Online and reader comments. :lol: :angry:

fp

This will be a shock to thousands of house sellers in Swansea today. The Post has a large circulation and many will be alarmed by its frank reporting of the market.

Having local EAs state that offers WELL UNDER asking prices are being accepted will panic a great many who continue to expect London prices for Swansea housing.

Boy, Swansea house sellers have a financial tsunami heading their way!

HOLA443
HOLA444

Teenage Yokel is, as I type this, learning all about Swansea's regeneration - Maritime Village etc - ready for geography GCSE tomorrow. She also knows the proportion of single parents in the Swansea suburbs which is useful knowledge to have :unsure:

Perhaps I'll print off the newspaper article and tell her that things are changing fast in Swansea. I expect the examiners will be grateful for a more up to date answer.

Had a double take at the side headline that `Swans are closing in on Spanish pair' - even the birds are hard in Swansea.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Great article.

Shame they didn't mention that Swansea property prices fell a lot during the first quarter of the year.

20% for terraced properties.

8% for detached properties.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/in_d...ml/county90.stm

I've just posted a comment on their website pointing this out.

You never know maybe they'll refer to it in a future article!

Edited by Dave Dribble 2

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
Pls clarify.

I'd say we've got close to 15,000 property experts on HPC now. If you add in the lurkers and ocassional visitors, we've probably got hundreds of thousands of better (or marginally better) informed property experts than, say, The Times.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Noticed that the Evening Post today has a separate rental supplement - appears there are now so many people trying to rent their properties in Swansea that it needs it own supplement. Funny that!

Perhaps there is a glut of rental properties? Perhaps there is a glut of people who cannot sell their houses so are hoping to sell.

Nine months ago when I began renting rentals were snapped up the same day they became available. Now, like the two by me, they appear to sit empty for weeks on end.

HOLA4415
Noticed that the Evening Post today has a separate rental supplement - appears there are now so many people trying to rent their properties in Swansea that it needs it own supplement. Funny that!

Perhaps there is a glut of rental properties? Perhaps there is a glut of people who cannot sell their houses so are hoping to sell.

Nine months ago when I began renting rentals were snapped up the same day they became available. Now, like the two by me, they appear to sit empty for weeks on end.

....I'm not too surprised.

Similar in Birmingham: EA's are targeting rentals to survive.

Rental prices aren't going up though....inspite of what the media want us to believe.

I wonder how long it will be before people realise that there isn't a shortage of physical housing stock in the UK.

HOLA4416

Um, was not the boss of the Principality, which owns the closing EA chain, on a BBC Wales programme about house prices only a few weeks ago saying that he did not think that house prices would fall that much? Didn't he say that the credit crunch was over-played with regard to hosue prices or something like that?

No video I am afraid but here is the link to that prog:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/programmes/site...it_crunch.shtml