House Price Crash Forum

Carshalton/wallington

HOLA441
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

No parking, not even close by? Check. Extremely noisy and congested road on your front door? Check. Average high street? Check. Pub with bad reputation opposite? Check. Okish transport links to London Bridge which will have severe disruption during a station remodel over next 5 years? Check. Nearest tube a 15 minute bus ride away +? Check. Cheap thin carpets, small concrete garden, boring decor throughout and average room sizes? Check.

Looks like a public latrine? Check.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

to confirm I meant the area doesn't look that overpriced against what I would consider lesser neighboring areas (Morden, Mitcham).

Not this particular place which is smaller than a lot of 2 bed flats

To be honest, I think Carshalton is over priced. There is one of the most deprived areas in the UK there (St Helier Estate), it is near riotsville (Croydon), and apart from a few nice villagey streets in Carshalton Beeches around Barrow Hedges school, it is generally very mediocre at best.

Mitcham is definitely over priced - it is horrible. You could not pay me to live there if I had any choice or influence in the matter. Prices there should be 50% of the surrounding areas.

Morden's housing stock is very run down in general, poor high street, and its only saving grace is Morden Park and the the Northern Line tube station (it's high street is shite too). Its prices are only as high as they are because of Wimbledon and Raynes Park being its next door neighbours, not because of any plus points in Morden itself.

• 4 months later...
HOLA446

The above mentioned latrine went on to be reduced to offers over £349.950 and is now under offer.

Be interesting to see if it completes and if so at what price level

Houses in these two areas look to be going fairly quickly still

• 1 year later...
HOLA447
HOLA448