House Price Crash Forum

The Cult Website Www.housepricecrash.co.uk

HOLA441

Have been walking the walk, and talking the talk, years before i found hpc

although hpc has put into words what i only believed, and expanded my knowledge, enormously.

and am very happy for hpc to be the biggest cult going, and will welcome all, to this site.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
That what they all say. I was here in early 2005 when this joint was a dating website. :lol:

:lol:

How could you shatter the picture of staunch Houspricery?

It was a good laugh though.

Midnight madness hr when Right on Fred was at his best was unbeatable!

Made up for the crap we constantly got from the bulls and breaking TV screens!

HOLA444

Everyone's various levels of gloating aside, it's nice to see the Telegraph writing this type of article. They and the FT are the only mainstream paper with any credibility left in their economic reporting. Not saying they haven't had some weird columnists but compared to the Times, Guardian and Indie they've been far more sensible.

And their rugby coverage is far better (but that's easy enough - yes, YOU Stephen Jones, you buffoon).

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
Cult website?

I'd like to point out at this point that I was here when it was genuinely hip, when doom-mongers sat around effortlessly cool with frugal f-you nonchalance while consumer drones splashed their plastic on tat. I was here well before it was full of mainstreamers who've just learned about the HPC from the BBC news. When I came here it was a cobbled-together thing with a freebie bravenet forum.

I'm member 24 for gawd's sake.

Congratulations.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
Kirsty Allsop called this web-site sick. Now we truly have demonstrated that the truth is a sickness. Actually the truth is a poison that destroys those things that don't have proper foundations.

Whereas being truly sick could be defined by appearing on a celebrity cook programme and shouting to the outside broadcast presenter, "what's the house like? what's the house like?" in a desperate attempt to remind the viewing public that your USP is being a so-called Property Expert (who didn't notice a rather significant correction creeping up on us).

Edited by Paddles

HOLA4412

Cult is probably the wrong word, however, it is praise indeed and does give the site and its members some credibility.

Amazing how many 'clever' and enlightened people on here have called it and predicted the various HPC stages - the economic insight and opinion is equally impressive.

BTW I like to think this is a very broad church, I'm not a renter; thankfully I 'bought' (mortgage) many years ago, never even considering what the house might be worth, but 'knowing' that inflated house prices were insane and did not an economy make.

Whilst there maybe some gloating, I'm sure most of us don't wish ill on ordinary folk getting on with their lives but caught up in the mess, though we can make an exception for some. :lol:

Still, well done to all and for those able to influence the media and gain their respect.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
Surely house prices at sensible levels benefits everyone. This makes it easier for people to move up the ladder as their next step isn’t so far out of reach.

The only losers in this whole sorry state are the people who over-paid in the last 3 years and the people who saw their home as a bank borrowing money on its increase in value.

House price collapse WILL benefit all in the long term.

The other losers are the ones who were planning to sell their homes as their retirements... now turns out they had inaccurate expectations.

HOLA4418
Brilliant! I'm sure there's a thread on this already, but that quote deserves its own topic

House prices: How low can they go? Telegraph

One who thinks so is Jonathan Davis, chartered financial planner with Armstrong Davis and spokesman for the cult website www.housepricecrash.co.uk, where those who stayed out of the property boom go to gloat. A few months ago, commentators on the housing market were lining up to pour scorn on his dire predictions. Kirstie Allsopp even called his website "sick". Now, Davis admits he has been wrong about the housing market – but only in as much as it is in a worse state than he had thought.

"In April 2007 I said I thought prices would fall by 25 per cent from peak to trough," he says. "By October 2007, I increased that to 35 per cent. Now, I think prices will fall by 40 to 50 per cent, and the market will not reach a bottom until 2011."

Fame, fame fatal fame. FP is the new Kirstie Allsopp. ;)

I lurked on this website quite a lot in 2004 and I am glad I didn't STR then. Although it was obvious there would be a HPC it wasn't obvious then when it would be. Eventually STR in July this year at our Nov 2006 valuation. I am guessing that very few people timed here it exactly right...... and those that did are allowed to gloat!!!!!

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
Cult website?

I'd like to point out at this point that I was here when it was genuinely hip, when doom-mongers sat around effortlessly cool with frugal f-you nonchalance while consumer drones splashed their plastic on tat. I was here well before it was full of mainstreamers who've just learned about the HPC from the BBC news.

No, f-YOU.

HOLA4421
...I'd like to point out at this point that I was here when it was genuinely hip, when doom-mongers sat around effortlessly cool with frugal f-you nonchalance while consumer drones splashed their plastic on tat. I was here well before it was full of mainstreamers who've just learned about the HPC from the BBC news. When I came here it was a cobbled-together thing with a freebie bravenet forum.

I'm member 24 for gawd's sake.

And you're still a bull?

Word. Houses? They going down!

GangSign.jpg

Genius.

*struggles for breath*

HOLA4422
I lurked on this website quite a lot in 2004 and I am glad I didn't STR then. Although it was obvious there would be a HPC it wasn't obvious then when it would be. Eventually STR in July this year at our Nov 2006 valuation. I am guessing that very few people timed here it exactly right...... and those that did are allowed to gloat!!!!!

Me gloat, no never, but STR in Jan 08.

What made us sell up? I had total confidence in THE 'sick', cult website, HPC, how come we became more EXPERT about the approaching doom than Phil and Krusty, etc? Them experts, certainly not in property! Bullsh*t yes, property no.

How are they still commissioned as experts when they were so wrong? yet the majority of fellow enthusiasts of this site could quite clearly see where the country was heading.

It now appears that the sensible, thrifty citizens of this country will have to pay for the greedy must haves, who lived beyond there means.

We are retired, one SMALL pension and only our savings to live on (not yet 65), now that flash Gordon has reduced interest rates we like many others will have to do the unthinkable, seek out employment.

The only winners with flash Gordon appear to be the scroungers and chaves, those that have never worked in there lives, where we have worked and paid our stealth (hip, flights, insurance, vat, etc) and income taxes, NI etc, what do we get?

We get to go back to work and watch the scrougers/workshy spend our taxes on there cigs, drink, rent and rates, etc.

I like many others did some military service after leaving school, the workshy should be made to clean the streats, do gardening for the elderly or some form of national service, we never got 'something for nothing' nor expected it.

NO, I am not some right wing activist, I am an ex labour voter who is finding it difficult to ever consider voting again.

Future, I don't see a future for hard working families and individuals.

HOLA4423

black_laugh.jpg

I STR in August 2007 (So at the peak)

I was a member of HPC before I found this wonderful place. I knew it was coming but I never found this site until begining of the year. It was still a battle with the bulls then and everyone still guessing as to when the shit would hit the fan.

I have really enjoyed the debate/laughs this forum provides.

I found a forum that made me feel that I was not the lone nutter many people thought I was when I made my decision middle of last year.

I took so much grief and I actually think people thought I was losing the plot. Yep I had doubts after the event but thank ****** I found here because I realised there are actually quite a few loons about and they all come to play on here.

To add icing to the cake.... I sold to an estate agent and her property developing partner and two months later the Agents she worked for went bust and she is now on the rock and Roll.

The decision I made was without HPC but I certainly needed the support after the event. I`m glad I found it after because I may have melted and Sold to soon.

Thanks guys

I`LL GET MY GLOAT

post-12527-1227864296.jpg

HOLA4424
HOLA4425