House Price Crash Forum

Ron Paul

switters

HOLA441

Americans start to believe in miracles. Slowly the GOP gets ground down by the relentless numbers of people voting. Paul wins the presidential nomination, beats Obama on the basis he's not full of sh@t.and is new president in Nov.

Immediatelt orders disengagement from Iran. Economy still screwed, dollar collapses when powerful bankers pull plug to destabilise further, temporary martial law started to maintain control.

Oil shock caused by devalued dollar leads America to recalls aircraft carriers to protect own shores when cannot afford to pay government workers . China expands into Africa and Middle East to control resources

City of London still doing well investing in the BRIC economies. House prices stay bouyant, crash is averted.

Triples all round.

Happy New Year

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

Americans start to believe in miracles. Slowly the GOP gets ground down by the relentless numbers of people voting. Paul wins the presidential nomination, beats Obama on the basis he's not full of sh@t.and is new president in Nov.

Immediatelt orders disengagement from Iran. Economy still screwed, dollar collapses when powerful bankers pull plug to destabilise further, temporary martial law started to maintain control.

Oil shock caused by devalued dollar leads America to recalls aircraft carriers to protect own shores when cannot afford to pay government workers . China expands into Africa and Middle East to control resources

City of London still doing well investing in the BRIC economies. House prices stay bouyant, crash is averted.

Triples all round.

Happy New Year

Not much chance of him actually being the Republican candidate and assuming by some miracle he did get the candidature, not a hope in hell against Obama unfortunately.

Ron Paul is one of the few politicians with a clue but unfortunately he totally lacks widespread voter appeal or populism. (Did anyone see that clip in the Brüno film? Apparently he was lured to the fake interview by being told he would be speaking to an 'Austrian economist'. Very apt).

Obama should be completely vulnerable in view of his abysmal track record and the fact that many former supporters are deserting him but it seems that there's not a single Rep who stands a chance of winning. Almost as if the whole thing was orchestrated to keep him 'doing the good work' for Wall St and continuing the programme of stripping away civil liberties. He's just an American Tony Blair character in my view - lots of big money behind him and I'm sure a very lucrative career after he leaves the Oval Office as he collects the payola.

HOLA443
HOLA444

Obama should be completely vulnerable in view of his abysmal track record and the fact that many former supporters are deserting him but it seems that there's not a single Rep who stands a chance of winning. Almost as if the whole thing was orchestrated to keep him 'doing the good work' for Wall St and continuing the programme of stripping away civil liberties. He's just an American Tony Blair character in my view - lots of big money behind him and I'm sure a very lucrative career after he leaves the Oval Office as he collects the payola.

And the last Republican president was a crusader who kept Wall St honest and didn't introduce the Patriot Act - probably the single biggest erosion of liberties for US citizens in history - was he? :lol:

Let's face it, Obama didn't have much to live up to. By not starting two foreign wars he was already off to a flying start.

HOLA445

Ron Paul resonates surprisingly well with younger people who can see what is happening to their country.

He is not part of the "elite". The right to bear arms in the US keeps politicians a bit more honest when times get tough than in some other countries.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/8987359/Americans-buy-record-numbers-of-guns-for-Christmas.html

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

I've been following the GOP campaign pretty closely over the past few months. Since stumbling across an article on Ron Paul as it happens.

Its crazy how much the 'establishment' in the US don't want Paul to win. Few months ago when he was polling in the top 3/4 he was completely ignored by the mainstream media, to the extent they'd read out all the names and ignore his. loads of stuff on youtube of cnn and particularly fox showing remarkable bias against him. google 'ron paul ignored' john stewart has a cracking bit about it.

Now he's polling ever more popular and it looks like might even win the Iowa caucus(?) CNN and fox are now saying if he does win it, it just means that Iowa no longer means anything in the scheme of things, and they need to focus on who comes second in Iowa as the real frontrunner.

It seems ludicrous to the extent you couldn't make it up but there is a clear and huge bias against him moreso than any other candidate. The reason from what I can tell is that he is the only candidate who is anti big-government, anti wall street controlling washington, anti current foreign policy ie invade country that has dark skin and/or oil. And he wants to audit/end the federal reserve. He's anti establishment and the establishment appear to be running scared! :blink:

Guy talks so much sense, has a strong grasp on [austrian] economics, called the US subprime collapse sometime back in 2005-6, and more than anything comes across as consistent and dare I say it honest. He's hit a nerve with young people in america has a huge internet following but remains to be seen how that translates to the real vote...

Thing is his views and policies represent such a threat to the status quo and to so many VIs throughout america and probably the world that you have to wonder if 'they' will let him win anyway. Compelling viewing to follow from afar, he seems to have captured the mood of the american people right now, if not the 'sheeple'

HOLA4410

I desperately want Paul to win.

Unfortunately I think the 1990 newsletters mean he hasn't got a hope in hell.

He is actually one of the only GOP candidates that might stand a chance against Obama, in the polls I saw (old ones) the other lot are all seen as another identikit politician who will talk big and do nothing.

I would love to see him win in Iowa, win the nomination and then start taking the federal government to pieces. Never gonna happen though.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Compared to Mitt Romney with a net worth of $202 million, he's working class.

Given that Paul's been in Washington for 30 years, $3.9m must qualify him as being practically destitute

Going forward I suspect that at least some of Paul's supporters believe that Paul is going to climb into a rebel fighter, pop a single well-aimed shot into a Death Star, bring down the Empire with a single blow and fly back home in time for muffins

In reality he probably won't and they will be sad

edit: fair play to Paul trying though, but I'm waiting for Paul to team up with Jesse Ventura, my personal favourite libertarian intellectual heavyweight, before I start taking his presidential bid seriously

wqrdzb.jpg

HOLA4413

Its crazy how much the 'establishment' in the US don't want Paul to win.

He's the only honest one out there so he won't be allowed to win.

If he manages against the odds to get the Republican nomination, he'll have a heart attack or something before polling day.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

In a bizarre way the fact he's being totally ignored by the mainstream media might work for him.

If he can harness the internet and make his pitch I'm not the elite, just look how they are ignoring me he could pull it off.

However if it looks like he's getting close to the White House I'd expect him to have a accident.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Things didnt end well for JFK, Robin Cook, Jorg Haider or Pym Fortyn, and very nearly didnt end well for Farage. Doesnt matter if youre on the left or right. The establishment does not like dissent.

He will lose or he will die. That is what history has shown. Every. Single. Time.

+1.

At his age, not even any need for a bullet.

Just strap him in a room with a young lady and his heart will probably go pop.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Obama should be completely vulnerable in view of his abysmal track record and the fact that many former supporters are deserting him but it seems that there's not a single Rep who stands a chance of winning.

Obama should be reelected, along as there's not a big economic disaster before the election.

This could be a blessing in disguise, as there's probably going to be a big economic/governmental collapse in the US sometime during his 2nd term (2013-2017), and the Democrats would get most of the blame for it.

With any luck, the Republicans can hold onto the House, to prevent state/local bailouts, federal assumption of public pensions, massive stimulus programs, confiscation of 401-K's, gold, and bank accounts, etc. It's usually bad when one party or the other has a monopoly of power in Washington DC. Better to have gridlock.

HOLA4423

And the last Republican president was a crusader who kept Wall St honest and didn't introduce the Patriot Act - probably the single biggest erosion of liberties for US citizens in history - was he? :lol:

Let's face it, Obama didn't have much to live up to. By not starting two foreign wars he was already off to a flying start.

Hmm.. I'm sure I didn't mention Bush in my post, let me just see.... (checks).

Nope, didn't say a thing about him. No idea why you therefore went off on one about W. I can only assume you are creating a strawman to avoid addressing the issues that I raised.

I am, for the record no fan of Bush but at least he had the excuse of being a clueless stooge whereas Obama knows exactly how duplicitous he is being.

HOLA4424

Ron Paul may win tonight - he may even do well in New Hampshire and come second but he will bomb in the southern states of South Carolina and Florida. His views foreign affairs are simply seen as too anti Israel and pro Muslim.

The alterrnatives are scary though - Romney is a Wall Street man (you might as well elect the CEO of Goldman Sachs to the White House) but the surge now seems to be for Rick Santorum a truly scary catholic fundamentalist. I really fear for the world if he wins the White House.

HOLA4425

Ron Paul is a no-brainer choice for the 2012 Dead Pool. If he continues to do well in the polls he will either meet with an untimely "heart attack" or will get DSK'd. As he seems a fairly principled chap, I suspect the former will be the selection option.

Archived