House Price Crash Forum

Berlin - 10 Year Rental Contracts

HOLA441

We have purchased a property in Berlin in 2007 and signed up with a 10 year rental guarantee with a real estate company. Things were running smoothly until last month when we noticed the rent was not lodged into our bank account. Has anyone else had similiar experiences and if so what have you done about it? I would be grateful for your advice.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
We have purchased a property in Berlin in 2007 and signed up with a 10 year rental guarantee with a real estate company. Things were running smoothly until last month when we noticed the rent was not lodged into our bank account. Has anyone else had similiar experiences and if so what have you done about it? I would be grateful for your advice.

Hi, We are in the same position and have been unable to get in contact with the rental company. Any dvice would be gratefully appreciated

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
Dr Ochel. Hope it's okay to mention names. The last post was my first ever so I'm not sure about form rules etc.

Please let me know how I can contact you or if you can contact me by email.

Hi Buyer this is our first time on this forum as well and we have tried to contact you directly but it comes up as an error - ours is the same company as yours. Can you try contacting us via private message and I will send your our e'mail address. Regards Pipeslice

HOLA446

Hi, I've tried to contact you but I'm getting the error message. I have just ticked a box below - enable email notification of replies - hopefully this will let you email me. If not, let me know how to send a private message. Thanks

HOLA447
Hi, I've tried to contact you but I'm getting the error message. I have just ticked a box below - enable email notification of replies - hopefully this will let you email me. If not, let me know how to send a private message. Thanks

Hi Buyer, We have tried to send a private message to you and it won't let us - it is coming up 'error'. Have you an old sim card with a phone number and we could text you our details for contact? We have sent an e'mail to the administrator on 'house price crash forum' to find out how to send private messages but they haven't come back to us.

Regards

Pipeslice

HOLA448
Hi Buyer, We have tried to send a private message to you and it won't let us - it is coming up 'error'. Have you an old sim card with a phone number and we could text you our details for contact? We have sent an e'mail to the administrator on 'house price crash forum' to find out how to send private messages but they haven't come back to us.

Regards

Pipeslice

HOLA449

Hi again, Try this number . We are in Belfast by the way. Hope to speak soon!!!!

MOD EDIT ; sorry it is against the forum rules to post personal info such as mobile numbers. This is for your own protection.

As newbies you cannot PM each other - you have to apply for full membership on the upgrade forum. You have to have about 30 posts though to qualify.

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA4410

Hello, I (and several other investors in Berlin) had a similar problem with a 10 year rental contract. However this was not with the company you mention, but another one offering a similar deal. In my case they first stopped paying the housing costs (hausgeld) for which I, the owner then became liable. Later the rental payments to me dried up. (There is a separate thread from another investor on this subject, by the way). The company had stopped responding to calls / e-mails etc, but via my lawyer I found out that the rental pool was not sufficiently funded by the rents coming in to pay out the agreed amounts to the owners. Eventually, the system collapsed altogether and I had to then revoke my POA with the company and set up a new agreement with another rental managment firm - this time receiving the actual rent from the tenant (minus hausgeld and management fees). This is now a much lower figure than the net rent promised on the original deal. The whole episode was painful / expensive & I hope your case is different. However, I would recommmend firstly pressing the management company for an explanation. If you're not getting anywhere or of you feel a similar problem is emerging, involve your lawyer ASAP. Mines was excellent in helping to revoke the agreement etc, although attempts to recover the losses from the original company have not been successful. Good luck.

By the way, if you don't mind me asking, where is your apartment and which selling agent did you buy through?

HOLA4411
Dr Ochel. Hope it's okay to mention names. The last post was my first ever so I'm not sure about form rules etc.

Please let me know how I can contact you or if you can contact me by email.

I am in the same boat. I have 3 x Berlin 10 Year deals.

However have had missed rent, as above, and also letters mentioning I should sign for a leser rent until the market improves

Not speaking or reading german does not help!

I am going to look further into this in next few days, and will keep you informed

Regards

HOLA4412
Hi again, Try this number . We are in Belfast by the way. Hope to speak soon!!!!

MOD EDIT ; sorry it is against the forum rules to post personal info such as mobile numbers. This is for your own protection.

As newbies you cannot PM each other - you have to apply for full membership on the upgrade forum. You have to have about 30 posts though to qualify.

we are in the same boat - having difficluties getting any answers from anyone in Germany

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
we are in the same boat - having difficluties getting any answers from anyone in Germany

Hi there

Same here. Have tried posting my mobile number here but it was removed. Apparantly you have to have at least 30 posts before you can register and contact other members. It would be useful if we could get as many people as possible in the same situation - then we could maybe seek legal advice as a group or instruct a new management company - if needed. I have been in contact with two other people who are in the same boat.

By the way I'm from Belfast - I take it you are???

Hope we can speak soon!!!!!

HOLA4415
I am in the same boat. I have 3 x Berlin 10 Year deals.

However have had missed rent, as above, and also letters mentioning I should sign for a leser rent until the market improves

Not speaking or reading german does not help!

I am going to look further into this in next few days, and will keep you informed

Regards

Hi there

Same here. Have tried posting my mobile number here but it was removed. Apparantly you have to have at least 30 posts before you can register and contact other members. It would be useful if we could get as many people as possible in the same situation - then we could maybe seek legal advice as a group or instruct a new management company - if needed. I have been in contact with two other people who are in the same boat.

HOLA4416
Hi there

hi dan 01 and belfast 72 in portadown try this no

MOD EDIT - MOBILE NUMBER REMOVED - SORRY THIS IS NOT ALLOWED UNDER FORUM RULES.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
Hi there

Hi all,

I'm in the same positon and I mailed a few questions to the financial people who helped us move our money over to germany. None of my questions were answered and I was told to speak to my solicitor asap....

again from belfast also

HOLA4420
Hi all,

I'm in the same positon and I mailed a few questions to the financial people who helped us move our money over to germany. None of my questions were answered and I was told to speak to my solicitor asap....

again from belfast also

By the way I have 2 other firends in the same position... probably getting a lawyer to act on all our behalf's would be the best idea

HOLA4421
Hi there

So far I have been in Contact with Oleg S who has passed on some details. I have also emailed the solicitor to see if we can get some further info. We are currently waiting on more info from Dr O - so far we have not received May and doubt if June's will arrive.

any more info I will pass it on. Did you change banks from Dres to All?

HOLA4422

I received a phone call today from Ol** whe informed me that Dr O will send out a letter by the start of next week - He believes that there will be a reduced rent paid for the next few months - actual rent less property/management fee. This will be paid sometime between the 15th and 30th of each month until the current crisis is over.

Hope to hear more next week

Belfast 72

HOLA4423

I received a phone call today from Ol** whe informed me that Dr O will send out a letter by the start of next week - He believes that there will be a reduced rent paid for the next few months - actual rent less property/management fee. This will be paid sometime between the 15th and 30th of each month until the current crisis is over.

Hope to hear more next week

Belfast 72

[/quote

Hi All,

Has anyone received a letter from Dr O**** offering two options regarding the rental guarantee. We have been asked to sign and return this but are a bit reluctant to do so until we seek legal advice.

Anyone have any thoughts on this????

HOLA4424
HOLA4425
havent received a letter yet from them but would be reluctant to sign anything unless i got legal advice - do they mention Junes missing rent

Spoke to O*** yesterday and he said we should receive July's rent (less shortfall) before 29th July. No mention of June's rent.