House Price Crash Forum

Hampshire - Basingstoke

newaccount99

HOLA441

Are these the so-called penthouses? They occupy the top-slots so they must be the 2000sq ft ones, right? Aren't these suppose to be 500k ??? Oh dear...

Thanks for the link though... will be really interesting to see how low these go. If they head towards 225k they'll make all the other apartments look worthless...

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
Are these the so-called penthouses?  They occupy the top-slots so they must be the 2000sq ft ones, right?  Aren't these suppose to be 500k ???  Oh dear... 

Thanks for the link though... will be really interesting to see how low these go.  If they head towards 225k they'll make all the other apartments look worthless...

No there were 3 or 4 of the £500K ones, they had massive roof terraces but they all went :blink:

These ones are also duplex, but terraces are much much smaller, basicly not much bigger than the balconies you see on the majority of the shoeboxes.

When I first looked I think these were on for £325K (no discounts) then £299K inc 5% inc & stamp.....

So at £285K - £14.25K deposit - £8.55K Stamp means they are effectively going for £262K.....with a 250K stamp duty threashold, paying 262 doesn't make sense in current market.......so any prospective purchaser should expect to be able to negotiate deal round the 250K (no incentives/discounts) figure.

But any purchaser with half a brain should wait another 6 mths for the latest batch of Victory hill to flood the market cause these duplexs will then be available at sub-£225K.

HOLA448
HOLA449
Guest watchingthechildrenplay

Here's the £500K Penthouse, yours to rent for £1500 mth:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property/4209208]Penthouse for rent[/url]

I remember reading an article in local rag about someone buying one of these for himself and one as BTL......hmm smart investment move :huh:

IT's a BLOODBATH out there!! It is SINKING before our eyes! :lol::lol::lol:

HOLA4410

I think it's very significant that you can now buy 3 bed properties in Basingstoke and Andover for £120k or less:

http://www.redwoodsproperty.co.uk/propinfo.asp?Pid=11016

and:

http://www.redwoodsproperty.co.uk/propinfo.asp?Pid=10225

Basingstoke, like much of the outer SE, has always commanded a price premium. Despite these properties not being in particularly good areas, I think the fact these are at least 30k less than 3 bed semi's in the Midlands and elsewhere is significant in itself :D

HOLA4411

Hello

I have watched this thread with interest, as Basingstoke is where I grew up. I lived there up until about 12 years ago.

What do you mean that is significant that they are cheaper than properties in the Midlands?

Also im not sure how well you know Basingstoke, but Buckskin is an utter, utter shithole :P

HOLA4412
What do you mean that is significant that they are cheaper than properties in the Midlands?

Am I not correct in saying that semis in the midlands were, up until 4 years ago, priced at a very reasonable 50k-60k depending on where they were?

I never remember anything in Buckskin or Popley or anywhere being that cheap 4 years ago.

Now you can't seem to find much in the Midlands in a decent area for less than 150k.

What I was suggesting is that prior to 2000/2001, you'd be looking at paying higher prices in Basingstoke for anything at all that had 3 beds (no matter how much f a $H1T-hole it was) compared with some nice suburban-semi 3 bed in the Midlands.

But now you can find much cheaper prices if all you want is the same number of beds.

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA4413

I've just been using this cracking web site, provides free access to Land registry sales figures:

http://www.nethouseprices.com

From it can get some interesting snippets of Crown Heights:

Top Prices paid:

28/05/04 212, CROWN HEIGHTS, BASINGSTOKE, RG21 7TZ £499,995

25/06/04 147, CROWN HEIGHTS, ALENCON LINK, BASINGSTOKE, RG21 7TW £425,000

Cheapest:

26/06/03 10, CROWN HEIGHTS, ALENCON LINK, BASINGSTOKE, RG21 7TY £169,995

Last to be sold (Note LR figures only available to Q3 '04):

17/09/04 PLOT 77, CROWN HEIGHTS, ALENCON LINK, BASINGSTOKE, RG21 7TN £299,995

What a bummer for that buyer to now see the same spec flats available at £284,995 and include 5% deposit + 3% stamp duty paid.....ouch!

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Hmm this nethouses.com is good stuff:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property/3870434

Okay, £335K....but looks like this was sold only 10 mths ago for :

06/02/04 7, CROMWELL ROAD, BASINGSTOKE, BASINGSTOKE AND DEANE, HAMPSHIRE, RG21 5NR £293,000

Can't be HPI as there hasn't been any round here for over a year....hmmm perhapes you did a Beeney special and slapped some white paint on it?

This ones even better:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property/4025875

Ah, so you've decided to drop the price from £335K to £320K presumably to speed up the sale? I see the particulars say "property in need or modernisation" and boy that kitchen does look grubby, but wait what's this on nethouses.com:

16/01/04 16, CROMWELL ROAD, BASINGSTOKE, BASINGSTOKE AND DEANE, HAMPSHIRE, RG21 5NR £250,000

Ah so you bought it 11 mths ago but never got round to modernising it but thought you are due a 30% mark-up anyway......hmm interesting....now I see why nothing is selling in Basingstoke.

I doubt you pair read this web site, I feel it's my duty to print this off and send it to you in the post then....

HOLA4416
  • 2 weeks later...
HOLA4417

January Sales in Basingstoke,

Tom Bateson, local director of Connels, said:

"The evidence is clear that, in the current market, competitive pricing is still a fundamental factor...agreeing a successful sale"

So, for the month of January, Connells is requesting that its vendors reduce asking prices by between 5 and 10% to get new year sales off to a flying start"

:lol::lol::lol:

HOLA4418

Local free ran the "chronicle" has a "property special" section in it this week, about 25 pages jam packed full of for sales and to lets...

14 pages alone brought to you by R*****ds (local EA).

Some evidence of more-sensible pricing, though not much.

A crown heights penthouse (1/2 mil) up for rent at 1500pcm. 2 bed appartment up for sale for £179,950. Of course, you'd want your 10% off up front, so that'd be 162K, beating the minimum 170K sale price reported 6 months ago, and 68k off list, at least in theory.

:rolleyes:

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-4700780.rsp/svr/2005;

As of 19/01/05 - £178,950 (and falling...)

A 2 bedroom 8th floor apartment with views over Basingstoke........I'm sorry is that supposed to be a selling point? These lower grade ones will be on market sub £135K by year-end regardless of whether there is a crash or not. Now the latest phase of Victory Hill is being marketed by Rialto the party can really begin:

Find your thrill

Actually Mrs BTLOptingOut who is now firmly indoctrinated in my therories started a new job recently. Guy at work is selling his Crown Heights apartment to move oop Norf.....bought it for £210K.......not a sniff of interest whilst marketing at £185K.....Ouch! :blink:

HOLA4421

Have you seen the latest example of Basingstoke EA propaganda?

Someone showed me a flyer posted in and around the local EA office areas. It reads:

WITH THE HOUSING MARKET IN BASINGSTOKE DUE TO LIFT OFF AGAIN, THERE'S NEVER BEEN A BETTER TIME TO REVIEW THE VALUE OF YOUR PROPERTY

...and finishes off with "our valuations team is in your area" and a phone number.

I really wanna see the Basingstoke housing market lift off again... maybe the C. Heights apartments will start to sell back at their original price of 230k, who knows? :blink:

HOLA4422
  • 4 weeks later...
HOLA4423

Latest Crown Heights bail-out:

http://www.fastcropit.com/sisogr/html/temp...d=siba999001894

As advertised in Wednesday's "Basingstoke Extra" freebie newspaper.

£165k guide price - that's £65k off the original asking price. Again, applying the 90% rule in place at the moment, that's a realistic selling price of £148,500 - £81500 off the original price.

I'd be seriously miserable if I'd made an investment like that :o

HOLA4424
Latest Crown Heights bail-out:

http://www.fastcropit.com/sisogr/html/temp...d=siba999001894

As advertised in Wednesday's "Basingstoke Extra" freebie newspaper.

£165k guide price - that's £65k off the original asking price.  Again, applying the 90% rule in place at the moment, that's a realistic selling price of £148,500 - £81500 off the original price.

I'd be seriously miserable if I'd made an investment like that  :o

Can't wait for these kind of reductions up North.

HOLA4425
£165k guide price - that's £65k off the original asking price.  Again, applying the 90% rule in place at the moment, that's a realistic selling price of £148,500 - £81500 off the original price.

I'd be seriously miserable if I'd made an investment like that  :o

I'm not doubting you but.....this 90% rule. Is this figure available anywhere (official or semi official) as would really like to track this percentage of accepted price re offer price?