Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Financial repression - limited interest on savings, make it difficult for people to invest their money anywhere to make a return?

Hmm, that is interesting isn't it - this is increasingly being talked about but from what I can see those with public sector pensions will be fine but private sector pension people will be screwed. Or am I missing something?

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

No water canons for the summer riots then.

As you know, they found the money for that. The cannon news, which must have been planted, plus the 100 year bond and the SVR changes, oh and Tesco bumping the pension age.

I think we might be about to get what we wished for. Mason's most recent blog entry on financial repression was interesting. Lots of people on here have savings. The state are going to want to get hold of that lovely stuff. Mason was saying the tactic is to capture it then inflate then give you it back when it's worth bugger all.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Mason's most recent blog entry on financial repression was interesting. Lots of people on here have savings. The state are going to want to get hold of that lovely stuff. Mason was saying the tactic is to capture it then inflate then give you it back when it's worth bugger all.

Linky please thankyou? Found it!

Edited by LC1

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

State size 30%. Not in this life.

Lawson saying "we can do it". He didn't have the demographic problems and the end of North Sea oil.

Well that was far too short.

Mason is the only person speaking the truth on this. This sort of thing is great though. The wife said to me tonight "I've seen lots of news about the economy picking up". On comes Newsnight. Emigration is back on the agenda!!!

So the next generation pay charges but the former don't so we can pay their pensions. How long before people over 60 get heckled, rightly or wrongly?

This 100 year bond is going straight into boomer pensions and NHS care.