House Price Crash Forum

Overpriced And Unsold In Poole

okaycuckoo

HOLA441

How's this for £1.6m? Whitecliff in Poole, not far from the notorious Sandbanks.

http://www.youhome.c...poole-new-price

I passed by these houses today, on view for sale. Three in a single development, gated community.

The gate was open. None of the houses is occupied. There was a silver merc parked below one of them, and I'm not sure but through the wall of glass you could just make out the EA tossing one off in an exclusive, "resin-floored" bathroom.

The view over the bay is beautiful, but the neighbourhood is a bit meh - nice waterside park with the odd hawthorn bush, which shows recent change from farmland. But drab suburban paving and roads. Plenty of 70s style three bed houses - maybe one in three - while the rest are recent builds with glass balconies and geometric designs in expensive materials. But the expensive stuff still has to fit into the 70s size plot and it's all a bit squeezed.

No doubt these are wonderful houses, but the location is so ordinary you expect to turn the corner and walk into a chip shop. Oh wait, that's been demolished and replaced with an unsold mansion.

Edited by okaycuckoo

HOLA442
HOLA443

Urban housing in a rural landscape.

The design is not harmonoius with the surroundings, using the wrong harsh and brutal materials and colours.

The horizontal affect is the very opposite to the immediate surroundings. These boxes might look great in a flat or part undulating desert setting.

What were the planners thinking?

Developers are developers. Buyers are buyers. But the architects and planners? Architects I understand, they want to put "their" mark as any "artist" does on their works, but the local planners? These non jobs worths, bitter and chippy, unaccountable, unelected, poorly paid are tail that wags the dog in local politics.

Be interesting to see if they sell. Imagine a lift in each of these boxes. For old people? If so, they don't understand their market. Old people don't want the world to be watching them through large windows despite the views. And when the lift goes wrong or needs the annual 'elf and safety' inspection how much will that cost?

HOLA444

bou100319_38.jpg?1283774424

3 of them side by side ffs.

Where are you supposed to sit out in the summer?

Who are these built for? No one with kids would want one and no one without kids would want that much space.

You would have to hide every time the neighbours drive in and out of the driveway so that they dont see right through the house and catch you naked or something.

the rear is just a large driveway with a gate aswell. No bbq's, sitting out or kids there then.

bou100319_32.jpg?1282759271

Edited by richyc

HOLA445

given that the woman probably has the greatest say in the house-buying decision - taking the above arguments as they stand - no female would ever say yes to buying one of these (ladies of HPC - correct me if I have this wrong...)

HOLA446

given that the woman probably has the greatest say in the house-buying decision - taking the above arguments as they stand - no female would ever say yes to buying one of these (ladies of HPC - correct me if I have this wrong...)

these couldnt win in the ugliest house thread, I already nailed that one :lol: , but they are top of the list so far for stoopidest development :D

HOLA447

I think it depends on what your personal tastes are, I would not live in a place like this without a lift, I lived in a modern super fancy place over 4 floors with high ceilings and going from top to bottom was like spending 10 mins on a stairmaster, not just old people but young families pregnant women etc with the kitchen on the top floor at an absolute minimum you would want a dumb waiter to bring all the shopping up ...

I was "invited" to invest in a sandbanks development about 5 years ago, thank god I declined the prices they needed to sell at to just break even were eye watering, they are having real problems shifting the units, it is painful to even think about it. There are a lot of developers who built up their businesses over 15 years of luck skill and a booming market and now what they have to show for it are these unsellable trophy projects with the accompanying debt which will wipe out the 15 fat years ... The only people laughing are the 70's semi owners who if they sold out to the developers at the right time hit the jackpot if they used the windfall to downsize and have cash in the bank ....

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

At the other end of the scale down the road in Bournemouth the title picture on this flat cracks me up ... "PRICES FROM £127,500" - this picture must have been from when the 'development' went up around May 2008 (from PB) ... now For Sale at £99,950. You'd think that the agent could spend 15 minutes taking a new picture, wouldn't you?!?! Link - http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-21009386.html

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Also: http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-26048938.html?premiumA=true going for 88k - original asking price (PB) 110k

and

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-16706457.html going for 80k - original asking price (PB) 95k

Some nice %age reductions and maybe this is just the start? I do love Property Bee!!

FYI I would not consider either of the properties for my living in - I do a Bournemouth search and they met my criteria. Just thought I'd share a few anecdotals from what I am seeing! Sorry for hijacking the thread!! I'll move along now ...

HOLA4415

That is not a home. It would be like living in an empty office block. An empty office block with lots of large glass windows.

I think it depends on what your personal tastes are, I would not live in a place like this without a lift, I lived in a modern super fancy place over 4 floors with high ceilings and going from top to bottom was like spending 10 mins on a stairmaster, not just old people but young families pregnant women etc with the kitchen on the top floor at an absolute minimum you would want a dumb waiter to bring all the shopping up ...

I love it!! I was born in the 60's and grew up in various blocks of flats of 60's and 70's architecture and have a real penchant for it all so I'm obviously biased in that sense. These are how I imagined the future would be when I grew up. However........ 1.6M!!! Do me a favour.

Regarding the lift, from the floor plans, these houses do have lifts.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

I love it!! I was born in the 60's and grew up in various blocks of flats of 60's and 70's architecture and have a real penchant for it all so I'm obviously biased in that sense. These are how I imagined the future would be when I grew up. However........ 1.6M!!! Do me a favour.

Regarding the lift, from the floor plans, these houses do have lifts.

Ive heard it said, there are two days when you are delighted with your lift...the day you get it, and the day you move away from it.

HOLA4420

Awful, I live in Poole and there are too may monstrosities available like these ! Vulgar properties !

From what I hear its very tough by the seaside at the moment and vendors are dropping their prices...fast ..

The agents round here are soooo awful too, absolutely pumped up with arrogance.

• 3 months later...
HOLA4421

Ha.

12859_FM842_IMG_01_0001_max_620x414.jpg

£99K

Budget cuts, mean EAs must walk or cycle to each property

This has just gone down to a flat 90k ... http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-21009386.html ... over 30% drop, although admittedly it has taken just short of 3 years!

EDITED to say: and they STILL have not changed the photo!! HAHAHA!! I guess the EA's bike has a puncture and he has not had the cash to buy a repair kit!

Edited by danlee74

HOLA4422

these couldnt win in the ugliest house thread, I already nailed that one :lol: , but they are top of the list so far for stoopidest development :D

They remind me of the Nazi WW2 concrete maritime watchtowers overlooking the Atlantic on the west coast of France

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

I would reckon £200k tops, if I ever had any reason to live in Dorset! :huh:

Does it have a gold toilet?

Reminds me of a party I went to in and got a bit p****d.

I needed a cr**, so went upstairs to find the loo. It was rather dark, but in the gloom I could just about make out the gold-plated bathroom suite.

Afterwards, I complimented the hostess on her impressive gold-plated lavatory.

"Gold lavatory? We haven't got a........ Oh no! My grandfathers's euphonium!"

HOLA4425