House Price Crash Forum

HPC on TV! London Tonight

HOLA441

The London Tonight interview was broadcast on ITV with LIVE comment from Kirstie Allsopp.

If you missed it, dont worry here's the video (WMV - 4.499 MB).

....and here's our Press Release in response to Kirstie's comments.

Broadband PC Users - Should work no problem in Windows Media Player.

Dial-Up PC Users - Allow 20 mins for it to download to Windows Media Player.

Mac Users - Sorry guys, we tried but couldn't get this into another format.

london-tonight-presenters.jpglondon-tonight-inside-property.jpglondon-tonight-sharon-thomas.jpg

london-tonight-screenshot.jpglondon-tonight-kirstie.jpglondon-tonight-studio.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
  • 2 months later...
HOLA443

What amazed me is that they allowed her to peddle her incorrect views. The last crash was not caused by high interest rates - we had high interest rates all through the boom - the really high rates came in 1992 before and during the ERM fiasco. The crash was caused by property prices being fuelled by greed and desperation to unaffordable levels. The same thing has happened now. It is not rocket science. Markets have their own dynamics. She referred to the misery a property crash would cause. What about the misery the property boom has caused? Loads of young people unable to afford anywhere to live and those that have managed to clamber on to the first rung of the ladder - saddled with massive mortgage debts. This is a good thing?

HOLA444
HOLA445

i could quite happily throutle her!!!!

Insider trading? I don't know anyone else but I haven;t got any inside knowledge?

As for you BBB, your obsessed with making money, does it make up for some amazingly small genitalia? Are you hung like a buggies tongue?

Stop going on about money as though it's the only worthwhile part of your life (appologies if it is). If it is then buy all means visit www.rent-a-friend.co.uk, use go nuts, get a few, have a party.

I need a home, not a house, a home. I don;t want to make money, I just want to be able to afford a home, I'm happy to pay my morgage for the next 25 yrs.

I like most other here just want a half decent place to live, but, we can;t afford one (not yet anyway).

• 3 months later...
HOLA446
  • 1 month later...
HOLA447

I've only recently seen this video - its a shame its not on the front page for those who don't know of its existence. (It's also attached to a really boring old thread).

Anyway, my comments might be a bit late, but what does Kirsty the Clown mean by this (referring to STR) 5'10" in to the video:

"with stamp duty and agents fees you'd have to be looking at a 20% market crash in order simply to break even if you came out of the current market for more than a year"

A seller doesn't pay stamp duty.

I'm sure she's right though, she speaks with such passion.

• 4 weeks later...
HOLA448

Kirsty Allsop !!!!!

Well I was "investing" in the housing market ..........when the Producer of "Location Location Location" was a 16 year old schoolgirl working weekends and holidays in our shop on Skipton High Street ............and what a lovely, hardwoking, honest Yorkshire Lass our Katharine was/is.....used to dress a bit old fashioned mind, she liked her frills............but she is a Dales Farmers Daughter......So its not surprising she picked Kirsty to "Front" Location, Location, Location. :rolleyes:;)

Regards this site................well I just found it a week ago..................and all I can say is ................It was about time something emerged to counter the garbage that is constantly pumped out by those in the pay of "Vested Interest" groups.

All markets are cyclical, and the housing market is no exception. And IMHO the present Housing Market, is in the process of topping out. You can measure cyclical markets from peak to peak, or trough to trough. This one has been fifteen years in the making, 1989/90 to 2004/05 peak to peak.

This UK bull run was [like in the USA] massaged by low interest rates, to induce Joe Public to spend spend spend. It was needed to prop up the Stock Markets with consumer spending, in the absence of corporate spending. Such market massaging can not be sustained indefinitely. Value has to return to any/ all markets before buyers will buy the market, and that means a market sell off has to take place before this can happen. .........Kirsty love....wise up.

Edited by Catch22

• 5 weeks later...
HOLA449

Just found this gem.

HPC is "soooo irrisponsible". What about those poxy home, makeover shows kidding ordinary Joey's that some pokey pisshole is worth 200 grand because it has snakeskin tiles in it's bog?

The STR's are also irresponsible (savvy?). Apparantly HPC is like insider trading! FFS she really is a grade 1 muppet with a 1st Class Honours in Muppetry.

I'd force everybody in the UK to watch this.

She says economists are the only ones predicting a house price crash. Yeah, what do they know eh? Economists, what do economists know about markets. What a stupid group of people to ask about house prices.

!

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

I think shes an ignorant tw*t who is full of sh*t, isnt what she is doing far far worse than what this website actually does? Im sick of all this one sided ******** we see on the media.

Shes basically telling all to go out and buy because the only way is up in value. If people follow the advice of this site what do they actually loose? If we invest sensibly and dont overstretch ourselves would a house price crash actually affect us?

I cant see why they are making this site out to be the bad guy, everything i have seen on here is presented with some form of evidence she makes out like you guys are just spouting mindless doom and gloom.

HOLA4414
I think shes an ignorant tw*t who is full of sh*t, isnt what she is doing far far worse than what this website actually does? Im sick of all this one sided ******** we see on the media.

Shes basically telling all to go out and buy because the only way is up in value.  If people follow the advice of this site what do they actually loose?  If we invest sensibly and dont overstretch ourselves would a house price crash actually affect us?

I cant see why they are making this site out to be the bad guy, everything i have seen on here is presented with some form of evidence she makes out like you guys are just spouting mindless doom and gloom.

Who says houses are an investment? why should the value err I mean cost go up? they are just like ex wives they need maintenance and produce nothing.

Edited by messychopper

• 1 month later...
HOLA4415

:(

The thing about Kirsty whatever-her-name-is that really makes me dispair is that I once read an article in a sunday paper, maybe is was about year and a half ago, where she was trying to pursuade young people getting on the ladder to raise funds however they could to get on the ladder, before you are priced out into a dickension-workhouse future of abject misery and poverty, instead of a dickension-workhouse future of abject misery and poverty in the 300K s**t hole of a mortgaged box on the 50th floor of an ex-authority block you bought back in 2005. Sell grandma's jewels, donate blood to private bloodbanks, volunteer your body to drug research institutes, work the streets in your evenings off, work three jobs, anything, everything.

She then told her own heartwarming story of how, as a 19yr old girl working in London all those year's ago, it was exactly the same, she couldn't afford to move out of her faimly home in Kensington Mews (F**** Hell!!!!!!! You can't even get a garage there under a million squids in that area, not even back then) and how she had to struggle to buy a modest two bedroom appartment in Clapham, which was up and coming. Granny lent her a 50% deposit so her job would cover the mortgage - that was oh, in 1993 as I remember in the article, oh yeah, just around the time of the last crash-trough as I remember. Convenient huh? So that was Kirsty's warming little story that propelled her into the world of property professionalism.

She really had to struggle some, huh? What are all those FTB's earning average money who have absolutely no chance of buying a delapidated craphole in those areas of London moaning about? All those nurses, firemen, teachers, shop workers, restaurant workers, etc., moaning about. Kirsty had to struggle but she just got on with it! So there!

Kirsty really is a person of astounding sensitivity and tact IMHO.

:unsure::lol::lol::lol::lol:

HOLA4416
  • 5 months later...
HOLA4417

Just watched this and yes it should be somewhere prominent on the site. Now I see why people on the site are so enraged by Kirsty Allsop. She talks utter crap. She shows she has little understanding of financial matters. Oh yeah, these people just went and set up a website that will cause the market to crash while they go off on holiday. No they didn't - they set it up for the education of the public and to fight against VI's like her. The fact they are going for a year out is irrelevant - apart from STRing means you can just up sticks with no property ties

One things for sure- She must really be scared of a HPC to react like that and she actually thinks that a site like this can cause it!

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

If she was a FTB in 93 (the very bottom of the last crash) and her Granny gave her a 50% deposit to buy. She is very, very fortunate. It doesn't qualify her as a property expert, whatever that means. She unwisely and outrageously said, buy now properties will not go down. what planet is she on. To protect herself she should of followed up that comment with "my comments are personal and do not constitute investment advice". She looked naive and foolish the next 18 months will add to this.

Pablo Silver or Lead!

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Right click link and copy into windows media player, that's how I got it working..

As I'm a HPC newbie it's the first time I've seen that video. That woman (kirsty) is a complete fruit loop....

Thank's for that, it's brightened my day considerably..

HOLA4425

Right click link and copy into windows media player, that's how I got it working..

As I'm a HPC newbie it's the first time I've seen that video. That woman (kirsty) is a complete fruit loop....

Thank's for that, it's brightened my day considerably..

Cheers - just watched it for the first time.

Can't believe that someone who has got so much public exposure and has used this to ramp up house prices can accuse a website of behaving like insider traders in the stock market.

Still, she seemed a little angry - can't think why

:lol::lol::lol: