House Price Crash Forum

Who Is The Best Hpc Poster?

HOLA441

This forum is just about all there is for discussion of house prices in the UK. Compared to the US, the lack of decent blogs is worrying.

So, here are the three posters I reckon have the most interesting views and information:

1. Realistbear - he has a thesis on deflation, regularly backed up with sources.

2. Tamara de Lempicka - thesis on the investment markets.

3. Hotairmail - smaller scale thesis on the investment markets.

Currently I don't find anyone on here who has good knowledge of the UK housing/debt market. From past posters, I'd say Honest EA was the most informative of the lot, but he's been gone a long time.

Overall my favourite was Tom on *********************, who I think is involved in propertybee.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Bloo Loo - concise, to the point and cuts through the crap, explains stuff in terms I can understand.

Ken_Ichikawa - virtually every post contains some completely out there interesting anecdotal story

Taxabuseroftheweek - Just because I absolutely love his rants about boomers and pensions etc.

Edited by BTL Cattle

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

That's a tough one - so many good posters here.

1. Injin - For planting many a seed of interesting thought in my mind.

2. Scepticus - Whether I agree or disagree with his POV, he brings an interesting angle of debate to the forum.

3. Alan B'Stad - For sharing much banking knowledge and offering many counter arguments.

[Other honourable mentions: Freetrader - For sharing many a thought on the bond markets. Hotairmail for many thoughtful posts and for planting a good few seeds of thought too. Scorpio/Serpico (I forget exact nickname) - For sharing the thoughts and experience, from a perspective of having seen it all before (IIRC, his sight was failing with age and he doesn't post any more - hope he is well).]

TBH, there are loads of posters who I enjoy reading and debating with. It's hard to list just 3 (or even 6 :lol:).

Edited by Traktion

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Just 3? :(

I guess the top three I learn from:

!..?

ParticleMan (by learn, I mean decypher)

FreeTrader

Top three otherwise:

Bloo Loo - Very funny

Realist Bear - The original Bear

Chumpusrex - The kind of guy you'd want on your team at the pub quiz

Edit, Damn... forgot Bubb and cgnao hotairmail. They have to be my top three GEI instead :lol:

Edit 2: In the old school category: Charlie the Tramp and Bruce Banner

Edit 3: SBN cracks me up too.

Edit: 4 Oh, And Tamara's good too when I can follow him/her.

Edit 5: Meh.. feck it... just everyone

Edited by libspero

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

I've been here quite a while now....

dstars was pretty bloody remarkable. Not seen him for ages though, does he ever come here now?

realistbear of course is a part of the scenery. Prone to inaccurately spun thread titles but tireless and tenacious in his pursuit of housing-related news.

i also used to like propertyguru, though he was a rude f*cker.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Although there are some very good and knowledgeable posters at present on the Forum the really great ones were during the period from mid 2004 through 2006.

Sadly they drifted away when the unbearable white noise started and the Forum was subjected to very annoying trolling. :(

I remember a great pub meet in 2005 when many of these posters attended and great discussions took place over beer and snacks supplied by Webmaster.

During late 2005 through 2006 an attempt was made to trash the Forum by those who had their own agendas and financial interests, no, not Bankers, EAs, or BTLrs but people with similar views to members of this Forum trying to gain financial advantage on the back of the Forum`s great success. In the battle which followed genuine posters not knowing the facts attacked the Moderators and requested their accounts to be deleted.

This was a very sad time for me as a Moderator as privacy of posters was paramount and I was unable to email the facts to certain members thus giving them the impression that they were right in their assumptions.

Life goes on and when the finale comes none knows the outcome as surprising it will not be that which is now is being predicted.

Sensible adjustments will eventually be made at a great loss for some and deep relief for others. ;)

HOLA4420

During late 2005 through 2006 an attempt was made to trash the Forum by those who had their own agendas and financial interests, no, not Bankers, EAs, or BTLrs but people with similar views to members of this Forum trying to gain financial advantage on the back of the Forum`s great success. In the battle which followed genuine posters not knowing the facts attacked the Moderators and requested their accounts to be deleted.

Interesting. I joined in late 2006 after some lurking; that all went over my head.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Life goes on and when the finale comes none knows the outcome as surprising it will not be that which is now is being predicted.

Sensible adjustments will eventually be made at a great loss for some and deep relief for others. ;)

Very cryptic Charlie.. It seems somehow unlikely now, but I hope you're right... if you're saying what I think you're saying :unsure:

HOLA4423

Yes, lots of good posters. Interestrateripoff/bloo loo/Masked tulip do a great job linking stuff. And scepticus is very interesting, but his posts don't hit the practicality spot for me.

Really at a loss to understand why the UK doesn't come up with good blogs on this nonsense. The list of US bloggers who know what they're talking about is impressive. There have been a few for the UK - UK Housing Bubble was OK, and Our Daily Debt gave good insight - but cynicus economicus is the only one I can think of that gets to the heart of the problem, and he's theoretical and only posts once a month. Where are the insiders?

HOLA4424
HOLA4425