newaccount99

HOLA441
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
4 hours ago, streamingfreedom said:

2017 since the last post! Here's an update on Basingstoke.

Currently prices booming due to supply squeeze. New property on the market has an estate agent there from 7am to 7pm doing back to back viewings, then selling properties for offers over asking pretty much every time. I'm getting rolling updates from a 35 year old who works for me that has his property under offer but cannot find something to move to and thinking to give up the search and stay put as they can't match the offers others are putting in over asking. Apparently, first time buyer territory is now £350K.

Thanks for sharing, FTB prices are nearly 50% higher then than national average. Ouch

No sign of the 2022 'cool down' yet with Nationwide posting HPI for last month with best start to the year since 2005...

HOLA443
HOLA444
19 hours ago, Data Dave said:

Growth has come in spurts since Dec 2009.

With most of the growth between 2014 and 2016.

Then from Mar 2020 to now (we all know that story)

image.png.3d97a638cfc4d6803823f26e4fca0292.png

Thanks for sharing. I know the area fairly well. Basingstoke High Street is basically dead, but the place has a reasonable amount going for it. Good links on M3, rail into Waterloo and surrounding countryside is lush - plus the shopping centre is good enough.

Do you have a link to these charts out of interest?

HOLA445

Basingstoke house prices have been treading water for the last couple of years since the pandemic began.  I think now it only starting to catch up as other more desirable places have already become very expensive, particuarly along the south coast.  Maybe Basingstoke is a good compromise now offices are wanting staff back in a day or two a week and people want to live halfway between London and the coast...

HOLA446
19 hours ago, Unmoderated said:

Basingstoke High Street is basically dead,

Sad but so true of so many high streets now. Bookmakers, charity shops and big chain coffee shops seem to the only businesses remaining.

19 hours ago, Unmoderated said:

Do you have a link to these charts out of interest?

I don't exactly, sorry, but they are just screen grabs from the land registry site itself, tell it what you want, dates and area and it populates it for you. I normally dump it into google sheets and build my own. 

HOLA447
13 hours ago, Shamus said:

Maybe Basingstoke is a good compromise now offices are wanting staff back in a day or two a week and people want to live halfway between London and the coast...

I think your probably right, its that middle ground. And yes looking at the graph they really were treading water for some years.