House Price Crash Forum

Tanker Drivers To Be Blamed For Q2 Gdp Fall?

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

Bloke on the train in front of me said the same thing a few minutes ago. This is being encouraged so we spend more on fuel this quarter and help avoid negative growth for the second of the two quarters needed to define another recession.

Not sure myself as this would require intelligence above that displayed by politicians in general.

HOLA444

IMO the government is currently encouraging panic buying in the hope that the surge in demand for fuel will boost Q1 gdp and help avoid a potential double dip recession.

Same thought crossed my mind.

It's funny how everyone complains about the price of fuel, yet they can afford extra at moments like this.

It's still cheaper than most beers at the pub..

HOLA445

There's no grand plot here - it's just that the media are playing the whole thing up as usual to get viewers/readers. Smart politicians can get on the bandwagon and the petrol companies can profit from the resulting panic. The usual dynamic of mainstream media and VIs feeding off each other.

If there was a real chance of serious, prolonged, widespread disruption to the fuel supplies, I'd expect that the strikers would be pretty promptly reclassified as 'terrorists' and appropriate measures taken to secure fuel distribution.

As it is, plenty of sensational reports, plenty of increased petrol buying and who knows if anything will actually happen.

That said, I'd certainly keep the tank topped up, just in case. And think about how to minimise fuel use by cutting out non-essential journeys. But then we should all be doing that anyway.

HOLA446

IMO the government is currently encouraging panic buying in the hope that the surge in demand for fuel will boost Q1 gdp and help avoid a potential double dip recession.

as was already said this is a deliberate move but personally i think its a 2 fold objective,.

1. / remove focus on cameron and the tory party allowing larger donors to ' influence ' Democratic policy making ( thats a laugh - ther word ' democracy ' )..........the most damaging story this week which strangely now has a blanket news ban on it pretty much.

2. / refocus attention by ' Inducing ' FEAR in the population and at the same time rake in a few more pounds.

I think you will see this more and more in time , the use of FEAR to influence spending and buying etc and also borrowing.

Whats telling is that i dont seem to be able to find one story where cameron tells people not to panic buy and its unusally quiet from the top which to me indicates this was a story from the top that they encouraged maude to release about ' stocking up '.

Whats sad is just how Myopic and afraid and lemming like most humans are.

In cornwall there are cues everywhere for petrol now , panic buying and FEAR and the people who are using this for Political gain etc are f....EVIL

HOLA447

Bloke on the train in front of me said the same thing a few minutes ago. This is being encouraged so we spend more on fuel this quarter and help avoid negative growth for the second of the two quarters needed to define another recession.

Not sure myself as this would require intelligence above that displayed by politicians in general.

Well good job they are not the one is charge who make the decisions then.

HOLA448

There's no grand plot here -

You really dont think politicians leak stories and say things to divert attention from what amounts to the Tory cheif fundraiser offering dinners with Cameron in exchange for £250,000 and as a result Direct influence on the policy making of a Democratic system ?

Notice how much that is covered today in the news ?

redirect attention is the first mechanism political parties use and this story of petrol shortage has been blown up for Political reasons.

Take ed millibands comment today which claimed the Tory aprt are using Petrol for ' Political gain ' ........?????? what does he mean by that ??? thats right , its a spin story to divert attention .

its nice to think this is just all a mistake and part of the nature of media etc but its not , its all very calculated and timed.

No mention of the petrol driver strikes in the media at all until 1 day after the fund raiser / £250,000 bribes to camerons party broke and now its all about petrol in the news and zero about what amounts to one of the most politically damaging stories in history.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

There's no grand plot here -

You really dont think politicians leak stories and say things to divert attention from what amounts to the Tory cheif fundraiser offering dinners with Cameron in exchange for £250,000 and as a result Direct influence on the policy making of a Democratic system ?

Notice how much that is covered today in the news ?

redirect attention is the first mechanism political parties use and this story of petrol shortage has been blown up for Political reasons.

Take ed millibands comment today which claimed the Tory aprt are using Petrol for ' Political gain ' ........?????? what does he mean by that ??? thats right , its a spin story to divert attention .

its nice to think this is just all a mistake and part of the nature of media etc but its not , its all very calculated and timed.

No mention of the petrol driver strikes in the media at all until 1 day after the fund raiser / £250,000 bribes to camerons party broke and now its all about petrol in the news and zero about what amounts to one of the most politically damaging stories in history.

:lol::lol: Overkill much i can only assume youve had retrograde amnesia since birth

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

I think you will see this more and more in time , the use of FEAR to influence spending and buying etc and also borrowing.

If you haven't already seen it, I recommend you track down a copy of 'The Power of Nightmares' as recently discussed in a thread here.

Politicians have cottoned on to the power of frightening people instead of trying to con them with promises of a better tomorrow that they are manifestly going to be unable to deliver (due to looking after the interests of entrenched, powerful VIs instead of the public).

It's much easier to create a climate of fear (especially with a compliant mainstream news media that sees profit out of fear too) to get people to do what you want and it distracts attention from your own mistakes and shortcomings.

Archived