Northampton

HouseDog

HOLA441
  • Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
Wow .. "Wellington House" .. there's loads of sub 100K properties for sale .. For fun .. I think I might phone up all the local estate agents and say I'm interested in a property there and see how many I can visit in one day! :unsure:

I was amazed to see so many, definately looks like someone trying to bail out. Too late for that I think !!!!

I wonder how low the prices in that block will go, I think 45K is possible.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

First, apologys for the double post.

Just had a call from a friend of mine.

It would appear a chain of agents in Northampton has gone belly up at the weekend !!!!

Not prepared to say which chain as I was told in confidence but if you try calling a few of the branches of the bigger chains im sure someone will work it out !!!!

I will monitor the local news too.

HOLA447
First, apologys for the double post.

Just had a call from a friend of mine.

It would appear a chain of agents in Northampton has gone belly up at the weekend !!!!

Not prepared to say which chain as I was told in confidence but if you try calling a few of the branches of the bigger chains im sure someone will work it out !!!!

I will monitor the local news too.

Will The Cobblers be looking for a new sponsor perhaps?????

HOLA448
HOLA449
However, I doubt that Northamptons media outlets will report it !

blimey - if it is who Hugh Jerekshun (welcome to the site BTW!) is alluding to then i think that would be a major story around these parts. they have, what, about 8 or more branch offices IIRC?

after all - even the chron. would realise something was up if the local footy side came out of the tunnel with the words 'space to hire' on their shirts! :lol:

oh well - time will tell i guess.

HOLA4410

Had an update, ive heard the chain in question is still trading and the original owner has stepped in. The likelyhood is that they are about to downsize (1 branch) and keep going.

It's not the sponsors of NTFC, other than that I'm saying no more.

Regarding the Northampton media, they do seem to be ignoring whats going on,

someone called "TheCountOfNowhere" has had a pop at them on their website:

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/Est...lead.3643305.jp

That article was very biased.

I must have a twin!!!

HOLA4411

On a totally unrelated subject.

Have you seen these flats:

http://www.dezrez.com/DRApp/Search.ASP?WCI...mp;WCE=00973314

"Enjoy the best of modern city living at The Overs. Great shopping, eating out, a water sports centre and lots of open space are all on your doorstep. With a choice of one and two bedroom spacious apartments this is the perfect place for couples and first time buyers. There are excellent road links too, with the M1 close by. Plot 11 is offered for sale with accommodation comprising two bedrooms, bathroom, allocated parking space, kitchen/family living room.

From the Abington office turn into Stimpson Avenue and take the first right into Adnitt Road and the development can be found on your left hand side.

Entrance Hall:

Kitchen/Family Living Room: 15' 9" x 15' (4.80m x 4.57m)

Bedroom One: 12' 9" x 8' 8" (3.89m x 2.64m)

Bedroom Two: 13' 7" x 6' 8" (4.14m x 2.03m)

Bathroom: "

1) Well, Northamptons not a city

2) No one in Northampton can afford 142K for a flat.

3) Great shopping and eating out...if you go to Milton Keynes

4) The "perfect place for couples and first time buyers"...if you dont mind spending you life in debt

5) The "perfect place for couples and first time buyers"...so why the "Family Living Room"

6) What the f**k is a "Family Living Room" anyway.

7) "There are excellent road links too", so you can drive to Milton Keynes for, see 3)

8) "spacious apartments", 400 Square feet is not spacious, 2000 square feet is spacious

9) The bathroom has no size, must be small.

10) £142,950, What a ridiculous price, you can get a nice terrace round there for about that still if you haggle.

Ive said it before and ill say it again, has the world gone f**king mad !!!! 143K for a tiny flat.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA4412
Had an update, ive heard the chain in question is still trading and the original owner has stepped in. The likelyhood is that they are about to downsize (1 branch) and keep going.

It's not the sponsors of NTFC, other than that I'm saying no more.

Regarding the Northampton media, they do seem to be ignoring whats going on,

someone called "TheCountOfNowhere" has had a pop at them on their website:

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/Est...lead.3643305.jp

That article was very biased.

I must have a twin!!!

Heard from a reliable source yesterday that an EA co. in Earls Barton is close to folding.

HOLA4413
Heard from a reliable source yesterday that an EA co. in Earls Barton is close to folding.

That appears to be a different one from the one ive heard about.

So, by all accounts, the agents are finding it impossible at the minute, so why does it appear that the advertised asking prices dont appear to be dropping !!!!

And why isnt the local media reporting any of this !!!! Vested Interests !!!!!

Surely the agents must not start bringing the sellers back down to earth soon ?

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
On a totally unrelated subject.

1) Well, Northamptons not a city

2) No one in Northampton can afford 142K for a flat.

3) Great shopping and eating out...if you go to Milton Keynes

4) The "perfect place for couples and first time buyers"...if you dont mind spending you life in debt

5) The "perfect place for couples and first time buyers"...so why the "Family Living Room"

6) What the f**k is a "Family Living Room" anyway.

7) "There are excellent road links too", so you can drive to Milton Keynes for, see 3)

8) "spacious apartments", 400 Square feet is not spacious, 2000 square feet is spacious

9) The bathroom has no size, must be small.

10) £142,950, What a ridiculous price, you can get a nice terrace round there for about that still if you haggle.

Ive said it before and ill say it again, has the world gone f**king mad !!!! 143K for a tiny flat.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go to Leicester, you'll pick up a 3 bed house for less than that, and Leicester is at least a "City" even though it shuts down at 5.30!

HOLA4417
Not yet - I'll have to have a drive round ~ any idea of a good area to look in?

.. Dolcis shoes (in the Grosvenor Centre) has just gone into adminsitration - poor soles - http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/busi...icle3228324.ece

My mate has spotted 3 so far, I think 2 of them were St. James, Parklands, cant remember the third.

If anyone can verify that it might show we dont make this all up :-)

Looks like Northampton is walking away from the shoe industry.

HOLA4418
My mate has spotted 3 so far, I think 2 of them were St. James, Parklands, cant remember the third.

If anyone can verify that it might show we dont make this all up :-)

Looks like Northampton is walking away from the shoe industry.

Merrys at Parkands appears to have closed. Shop locked with no staff - nothing for sale in the window - no computers on desks.

HOLA4419
Merrys at Parkands appears to have closed. Shop locked with no staff - nothing for sale in the window - no computers on desks.

Thanks HouseDog, looks like my friend is speaking the truth!!!

I wonder whats going on there then !!!!

I noticed lots of reductions on houses this week, especially the ones that have been on a while. Looks like perhaps the agents have got the message and they are being pro-active in order to save their skins.

Except for this one...I went to view this place last weekend:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-160...=1&tr_t=buy

It was on at "offers over 250" last week.

I told the agent no point in me viewing as I would only offer at best 10% below asking, more likely 20%.

They said I should still view and they would be having words with the vendors.

I went along to view and the house had a mast with microwave dishes a bit behind it.

When I arrived to view, the mast put me right off. I told the agent I wasnt going to view because of it as it was a waste of my time with the microwave dishes/mast as I'd no way buy at any price. The agent tried ot fob me off with "It's the police mast"...like that makes it okay.

I drove off, and he went up to tell the vendors.

On Monday I thought the price had gone up to £270K.

And today, it's up to £275K!!!!

They must have a lot of interest, or prices are shooting up in Northampton !!!!

It's was on with two other agents, now only one:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-174...=2&tr_t=buy

That one is still offers in excess of £250K

I think this will be worth £180K in 2 years time.

And, I think it's been on the market several months. The micro-wave dishes would make anyone thinkg twice about buying it.

Good luck to them.

HOLA4420
Thanks HouseDog, looks like my friend is speaking the truth!!!

I wonder whats going on there then !!!!

I noticed lots of reductions on houses this week, especially the ones that have been on a while. Looks like perhaps the agents have got the message and they are being pro-active in order to save their skins.

Except for this one...I went to view this place last weekend:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-160...=1&tr_t=buy

It was on at "offers over 250" last week.

I told the agent no point in me viewing as I would only offer at best 10% below asking, more likely 20%.

They said I should still view and they would be having words with the vendors.

I went along to view and the house had a mast with microwave dishes a bit behind it.

When I arrived to view, the mast put me right off. I told the agent I wasnt going to view because of it as it was a waste of my time with the microwave dishes/mast as I'd no way buy at any price. The agent tried ot fob me off with "It's the police mast"...like that makes it okay.

I drove off, and he went up to tell the vendors.

On Monday I thought the price had gone up to £270K.

And today, it's up to £275K!!!!

They must have a lot of interest, or prices are shooting up in Northampton !!!!

It's was on with two other agents, now only one:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-174...=2&tr_t=buy

That one is still offers in excess of £250K

I think this will be worth £180K in 2 years time.

And, I think it's been on the market several months. The micro-wave dishes would make anyone thinkg twice about buying it.

Good luck to them.

Sounds like the seller has a higher opinion of the value of his property than the market does. I think 180K will be somewhere near the money in 2 to 3 years time.

Across Northamptonshire prices appear to be falling slowly at the moment but in general there not going up.

I don't see any sign of an increase in buyer actiivity - there are few buyers and no first time buyers.

However, there appear to be more properties coming on to the market in the areas I look at.

HOLA4421
Sounds like the seller has a higher opinion of the value of his property than the market does. I think 180K will be somewhere near the money in 2 to 3 years time.

Across Northamptonshire prices appear to be falling slowly at the moment but in general there not going up.

I don't see any sign of an increase in buyer actiivity - there are few buyers and no first time buyers.

However, there appear to be more properties coming on to the market in the areas I look at.

Exactly what I am seeing too. Ive noticed lots of places coming on lately, the market could be saturated by summer.

Still waiting for that killer article on house prices and estate agent closures from the Chronicle and Echo...

I think i've decided to move on from Northampton to pastures new later in the year though, but we'll see, maybe the free flat with every semi-detached house purchase made will make it worth me staying :-)

HOLA4422
Exactly what I am seeing too. Ive noticed lots of places coming on lately, the market could be saturated by summer.

Still waiting for that killer article on house prices and estate agent closures from the Chronicle and Echo...

I think i've decided to move on from Northampton to pastures new later in the year though, but we'll see, maybe the free flat with every semi-detached house purchase made will make it worth me staying :-)

HPI should go year on year negative in June / July so saturation sounds perfect for price drops. I don't think there's any chance of getting any real coverage in the C&E before this date. They seem to be more interested in local Football than real news.

However, did you see the CountOfNowhere was quoted in last Fridays C&E in their snippets section they take from their website! Mark T was quoted the week before.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425