HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Found my first £1 of the year. Crossed the road at exactly the right point, if the traffic hadn't given me an option to cross and I used the crossing I would have missed it.

£1.04 today.

Found 22p at lunchtime, which brings up £5 for the year so far. Only one pound coin though so far.

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Spring bounce in full effect. Found £1 at the start of the week. Wife found 50p and change wise I must have found 60 p - 80p as well. Today I paid in the money and by the time I got home I'm up £1.05 so I've managed to find 2 £1 coins this week. Today in total I've found £1·37.

I noticed you 'cashed up' around 5pm. From your experience, is there any mileage in night coin hunting by torchlight? Outside kebab shops/cab ranks/ pubs/clubs?

HOLA4413

I noticed you 'cashed up' around 5pm. From your experience, is there any mileage in night coin hunting by torchlight? Outside kebab shops/cab ranks/ pubs/clubs?

Don't need a touch I can see them with street lights.

Will go for run later but probably won't find anything.

Bars can be good if you're prepared to pick it up in front of everyone.

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
  • 2 weeks later...
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2304042/Iain-Duncan-Smith-right-You-CAN-live-just-53-week-says-cash-strapped-teacher-Kath-Kelly-survived-year-1-day.html

Teacher who lived on £50 odd a week for a year picked up £117 off the street during that time. Averaged over £2 a day. What's her secret. I wonder...

A teacher who survived for a year on just £1 a day has backed Iain Duncan Smith and said 'anybody' can live on a daily budget of £7.

Anybody might, but not everyone can.

Just small change at the moment I keep finding, although I did find £1 on the floor of the local supermarket last week.

HOLA4419
  • 3 weeks later...
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Walking down the high street early yesterday evening. A pound coin and two twenty pence pieces were right in the line I was walking. No-one else around. Brings the total for this month to £3, which is the minimum for each month so far this year.

More luck than me so far this year.

Very poor so far. It's like everyone in Yorkshire is too tight now to drop money! :lol:

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

2 euro cents under my seat on a Lufthansa plane last week. :(

One thing I'd like the hive mind to work in is what to do with the 200 quid in a multitude of foreign currency I've got in annoyingly small amounts - not enough to make it worth it to go to an exchange with: £5 in Won £5 in NOK, etc.

Any ideas?

Sorry to go o/t

Do what I do: shove it in a drawer in the desk in your study thinking, I'll sort this out next week. Repeat for 20 or so years. Then realise you're holding an awful lot of worthless paper - much of it in currencies that no longer exist. Guilders? 5 billion Yugoslavian whatnots? etc.

HOLA4425

Do what I do: shove it in a drawer in the desk in your study thinking, I'll sort this out next week. Repeat for 20 or so years. Then realise you're holding an awful lot of worthless paper - much of it in currencies that no longer exist. Guilders? 5 billion Yugoslavian whatnots? etc.

This is approximately where I am now. Got loads of the commie era Hungarian currency. Why didn't I change it?

Can't I send it off to charity or something?