House Price Crash Forum

Boycott Workfare---merged threads

ska_mna

HOLA441
Errm, the whole point is that the definition of entitlement has changed. Now it includes a condition that you must participate in workfare if asked. We have been over the "paid-for" bit before. The government spent every single bit of money it had, and an awful lot in addition to that: http://www.guardian....-note-successor

So you are saying that the state can longer afford to obey it's own laws? Does this legitimise their breaking them?

I very much doubt there is any legal principle that workfare violates, and there is now a judgement that says so. Unless you know a lot about law it might just be sensible to stop claiming otherwise. http://uk.finance.ya...-121649798.html

That judgement was concerning the issue of forced labour- my argument is that of equality before the law. If there is a law that defines the minimum a person should be paid to work that law should apply to everyone.

Edited by wonderpup

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442

The ruling that has been made is not the end of this, it could be taken further either to appeal, supreme court and then followed by a complaint to the European court of human rights.

Given that the argument is over whether these schemes are a breach of human rights. If the European court where to decide against the government in its interpretation of the human rights issue then we would have an interesting situation.

I think in the case of the young student the government wasn't in breach as her scheme was voluntary, however the other case the scheme wasn't. It is the second case that I would expect to be taken as far as possible, whether that will happen is unknown.

Whatever the outcome it has opened the eyes of a lot of people as to exactly who this country is being run on behalf off. The bi-election that is due could be very interesting.

The next election certainly so, who to vote for as the three main parties are all the same.

HOLA443

So when they ask for my CV which shows the only jobs I have had are in professional ones, I say what? Or do you expect me to lie? Jesus.

can`t get away with it anyway now.....

under F.O.I. you can request a (free) copy from HMRC of all the N.I. contributions you have ever paid throughout your life... which also states who you have worked for!

and the dates

now while a potential employer can not directly get this information themselves, they can of course get (make!) you, to do it for them

HOLA444

Too scared to say what should be done to politicians for allowing slavery, hell, I will say it, vote the bastards out! The thought police may arrest me these days, who would have ever thought it could come to this... Hold on, hold on... I have been hearing horror stories like what is happening for years from the quacks of the world, maybe they are not as crazy as I first thought!