House Price Crash Forum

Chris Huhne's Date With Destiny

pl1

HOLA441

Indeedie. This case is too politically charged for a fair trial to happen. Like the Birmingham six, Guildford four, Lockerbie one, etc.

He may be guilty of an offence and of lying about it, or he may be victim of a dirty smear campaign. Or very likely both. But it's unlikely the world will ever really know, one way or t'other, unless he or his ex drops all claims and admits lying.

Maybe Clinton's sex life is a political analogy.

As for Huhne, I think on balance it may being a Good Thing having him in post. To have someone from his background have to face up to reality helps take the wind out of the anti-nuclear lobby's sails, and is certainly better than the Blair years of living on borrowed time and hot air.

I agree. I often wonder what happened to "innocent until proved guilty". Today it is "guilty until proved innocent". It is very difficult to prove your innocence in court these days.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

As for Huhne, I think on balance it may being a Good Thing having him in post. To have someone from his background have to face up to reality helps take the wind out of the anti-nuclear lobby's sails, and is certainly better than the Blair years of living on borrowed time and hot air.

it's also good to have someone in the cabinet who has the cojones to stand up to the tories.

but go down he must

(if it is proved that he done what they said he done, being a pervert, that is)

HOLA443

Don't get me wrong, I am not defending Huhne whatsoever, but this matter is something that occured in his private life...

I believe that he was driving home from the airport after working in Brussels as a Euro MP: if so, the alleged offence, if it was committed at all, was committed in the course of his employment.

HOLA444
HOLA445

I don't think anyone really gives two hoots that he got caught speeding - that M11 speed camera is in a notorious section where the limit comes down from 70 to 50 and catches out lots of people anyway - there certainly isn't anyone on this forum who drives who has never broken the speed limit.

I have never ever broken the speed limit.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

and you dont get 12 points for one speeding offence afaik. you get banned for being a repeat offender, a recidivist, someone who does not learn from their mistakes.

if the DPP thinks there is enough evidence to charge him, I'm happy to convict in an internet kangaroo court.

take him down!

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

and you dont get 12 points for one speeding offence afaik. you get banned for being a repeat offender, a recidivist, someone who does not learn from their mistakes.

if the DPP thinks there is enough evidence to charge him, I'm happy to convict in an internet kangaroo court.

take him down!

Not got a lot of sympathy either, held a full licence since April 1982 (30 years) and not collected a single point.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

He is resigning: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-16866127

He should do time actually.

"To avoid distraction to either my official duties or my trial defence I am standing down and resigning as energy and climate change secretary. I will of course continue to serve my constituents in Eastleigh."

So still it seems to be fine to hold an office of trust, yet still commit acts that are illegal or immoral. What a joke.

edit: He has been charged! and the ex wife! (slow brain day for me)

Edited by JustAnotherProle

HOLA4414

I have driven cars in different countries, including the UK, for 20 years.

So when the gantries 10 feet in front of you on the M25 go from 70 to 40 what do you do?

Huhne is in court for perverting the course of justice, not speeding. PCJ carries a maximum of life imprisonment.

I hope he rots.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Not got a lot of sympathy either, held a full licence since April 1982 (30 years) and not collected a single point.

same here ...since 1980 , or even a parking ticket ..

I prefer to use my chauffeur

Edited by Tankus

HOLA4422

The Government is now rid of a weapons grade Tw@t who noboby liked. A man whose downfall springs from his trading in his wife of 26 years for a younger model. Good.

Hopefully we will now get a minister who doesn't think putting up your electricity bill during a recession and wasting the money on pointless windmills is a good idea.

James Delingpole puts the boot in amusingly here http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/jamesdelingpole/100134689/huhne-youd-need-a-heart-of-stone-not-to-laugh/.

HOLA4423

The Government is now rid of a weapons grade Tw@t who noboby liked. A man whose downfall springs from his trading in his wife of 26 years for a younger model. Good.

Hopefully we will now get a minister who doesn't think putting up your electricity bill during a recession and wasting the money on pointless windmills is a good idea.

James Delingpole puts the boot in amusingly here http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/jamesdelingpole/100134689/huhne-youd-need-a-heart-of-stone-not-to-laugh/.

Dellingpole calls him left wing, and yet he's stacked to the brim with BTL.

Typical hypocrite lefty scum bag.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

I believe that he was driving home from the airport after working in Brussels as a Euro MP: if so, the alleged offence, if it was committed at all, was committed in the course of his employment.

Not wishing to keep splitting hairs but he resigned today as a UK minister.

I think Huhne was trying to get away with his alleged speeding offence using the same defence the Hamiltons successfully used.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-202833/Christine-Hamilton-cleared-speeding.html

If there is evidence he was the driver but lied in his defence, then its only proper he should be prosecuted.

Edited by nmarks