House Price Crash Forum

Homeowner Offers Herself For Sale On Ebay In Bid To Keep Bailiffs At Bay

HOLA441

The auctions closed now. Would be interested to know who she was a BDM for?

Was it one of the mortgage lenders? Any body know?

Purpose has been achieved. Maximum attention seeking in a national newspaper. She'll be on Big Brother next, plus busy doing the rounds on numerous daytime chat shows for the next few weeks.

HOLA442
HOLA443

Let this be a warning to us all (an un-needed one on this site!)

If you lose your 30k job then get something which pays 8k or so pretty damn quick. If she'd have done that 2 years ago they'd now have a chance of paying the mortgage though it might be a struggle.

Maybe thousands are in the same boat as her....hpc here we come.

Edit..isn't this what that American woman talked about? (forgotton name) In the fifties and sixties if a man lost his job the wife could go out to work, maybe six months later the man would be working again. Now...

There are thousands like her, the lock gates are bursting trying to keep the debt in.

HOLA444

Very amusing.

I dont know if there is anything wrong with this though is there? All a bit of fun.

If this lady on Ebay wants to publicity seek as an end in itself, I am not sure I have much of a problem with that either. There is a place for it, a lot of people enjoy reading about publicity seekers, and some are able to earn a living through perpetual publicity. Such is the marketplace.