House Price Crash Forum

Sky News And Channel 5 News 02.09.08

HOLA441
Those of you who will be near a TV this lunch time (Tuesday 2nd September) might be interested to flick over to Sky News at about twenty to two for an article about today's Stamp Duty announcement. Housepricecrash.co.uk will be represented, as ever, by our very own man in the media, Financial Planner.

Financial Planner will also be making an appearance on tonight's Channel 5 News at 5pm.

If you missed the Sky item you can view it online or download it from the HPC server: Afternoon Live with Kay Burley.

The Channel 5 package is also available from the HPC server: Channel 5 News

Great linky to the HPC media-video server .

Is it possible to put this as a permanent link on the front page ? I reckon it would be great to have our videos redilly avaliable for viewing .

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Thank you FP ,

Language even my mother who is a dedicated 'house prices ALWAYS go up ' person can understand .

The sound of FP saying 'Don't touch property with a bargepole' was good enough , but to se a mainstream news anchor accepting this as fact was far far more significant.

HOLA443

The Government announced this morning that they are to be waiving stamp duty on properties below the £175,000 mark for a period of 12 months.

Great Stuff! Darling's finally crawled through the stingy nettles and made a decision. Although will it make a difference?

Best thing about this "little" announcement is that finally everyone at least knows where they stand.

Why he couldn't have reduced it for properties up to at least £250k beats me. That would have kicked the market up the behind and automatically got things moving enough to recoup many of the losses it has made in announcing it.

Whilst it may help people at the bottom of the housing ladder saving them a maximum of £1750 it will not entice anyone else to move as they will stay be paying the full rate.

It is a good thing though nevertheless if you are looking to buy at the moment upto the £200k mark. Not only can you now look for a house £1750 more expensive, it will also bring down the prices of properties around the £200k mark as people will begrudge having to pay stamp duty for only a slightly more expensive property. Not good news for 2nd time buyers. Bet definitely good news for 1st.

Until next time,good luck everyone with whatever you do and please don't forget, if you or anyone you know needs a mortgage please click on the link below and we guarantee to contact you back within the hour with Free Independent Mortgage Advice.

[Moderator: No commercial advertising]

HOLA444
Is it possible to put this as a permanent link on the front page ? I reckon it would be great to have our videos redilly avaliable for viewing .

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look into linking that page from somewhere more prominent on the site. Hopefully, given time, we'll add more of the older stuff to that page.

does anyone have a write up of the tv interview of financial planner as have no tv and my pc is to slow to see tv clips

I'll also look into getting some transcripts witten up as things get added. Thanks for your suggestion.

HOLA445