House Price Crash Forum

If Carslberg Did Denial.......

MumblesisNuts

HOLA441

I'm new to posting on this forum, but not new to reading and watching this forum with interest. I've recently returned to Mumbles where I lived for the best part of my adult life, to find this.......this.........absolute gem of a house, rather decently priced too !

If Carlsberg did Denial !

Last bought in 2006 for approx £343k, now at the highly reasonable price of £595k.

I think they may be in for a rude awakening and a loss that would make that well known tw*t Richard Desmond squirm !

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

ok maybe i am going soft! but it is a nice quiet road, nice garden with some views and well fitted (so far as you can tell from the pics) so does "tick the boxes".I think about 380-400 is fair.

That is about the price that you should expect the property to be advertised for.

Less the 20% below asking price that should be offered is round about the house value £300,000 - £320,000 ;)

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

if they bought for 343k and spent maybe 100k they have got to get 450-500k to break even, hence i assume the pasking price.I am sure they will be happy to get away evens from this one.A classic case of paying too much for your development project.

Don't forget, 2006 was in the middle of Swansea West asking prices going nuts so shouldn't that 343K paid price be taken with a bit pinch of buyer beware?

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

thats my point.Presumably they paid 343k for a run down bungalow and thought they could not loose! bad timing and even worse pricing!

Yes, my thoughts also. As I have said previously, with such a big rear garden I would expect a large house width sun room on the back of that property - and still pay much less than their asking price.

Friends of mine just paid 30K to have a large sun room put on the back of their house, their kitchen opened up into it and a complete new kitchen, expensive cooker all for 30K.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

There's quite a few similar to that in the Murton, Bishopston, Reynoldston areas IMPO.

IMPO I would say they are just kite flying with asking prices like that. I was looking at the above one and, again IMPO, it is just a big box isn't it? Or am I wrong? I don't personally see anything special in it as a house - it lacks any character that I can see? Perhaps I am missing something.

I have noticed some of the 400K plus to 800K plus houses now beginning to take big chunks off their asking prices. They are coming down but, IMPO, just chasing the market down. At this rate it will be several years before they get to realistic prices.

Let's hope the EU blows up this weekend - by next week such houses might be grateful to get 150K if the banks go pop!

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Well, you are far more generous financially than I am.

You know, asking prices IMPO have been so delusional in Swansea for the last 6 or 7 years that people now think that they are acceptable. You take a 100K or 200K off some of the asking prices and you think "Oh, that is more sensible" but it usually is not.

People need a slap in the face with a wet kipper to work out what it will actually cost in terms of mortgage repayment on these homes. I am willing to bet that large numbers of people in Swansea West are on interest only mortgages - think I read that somewhere - and have no way of paying off the capital at the end of the day. Such people were relying on capital appreciation and some other mug coming along to buy their house.

We are now heading back to a reality where the banks are bust - they may be closing the ATMs within hours if the Euro mess is not sorted - and in a year or two the IRs are going to soar and soar.

Nope, I was talking to a banker I know today - rich sod - who has sold up and has moved into rental today because she believes a huge crash in house prices is coming. She said that before this is out we will see fear in the eyes of house sellers.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

thats my point.Presumably they paid 343k for a run down bungalow and thought they could not loose! bad timing and even worse pricing!

aye......and they want to stuff some poor b*stard with the consequence of their mistakes.....

went past it earlier, I live close by, £300k max with reasonable non specufestor goggles on.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425