House Price Crash Forum

Property Bee And Espc

catmandu

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

I like the street view option. It also seems my usual search picks up more places than it used to ? Has the search function been updated ?

Property Bee does not seem to be working yet either.

Is it worth me putting a comment on their chat forum about it ?

HOLA446

I just put a thread into the PB forum yesterday. Hopefully it'll be sorted soon - until then I'm not even that interested in scouring ESPC.

Apart from that issue, the new ESPC site is great - really good search functionality. Haven't found anything I didn't like about it yet, but haven't used it much because of the PB issue.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

any thoughts on the new site?

I think it's excellent. The overhaul leapfrogs rightmove is user experience, and it's night and day vs the old espc site: it's soooo much better at drilling down to specific kinds of properties in specific areas with enough overlap/fuzziness to reassure you that you're catching listings on the fringe of your search criteria.

Well done.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

I like the street view option. It also seems my usual search picks up more places than it used to ? Has the search function been updated ?

Property Bee does not seem to be working yet either.

Is it worth me putting a comment on their chat forum about it ?

Yes it has. Previously each property was allocated to one district. So for example, a property had to be defined against Warriston or Trinity. The new site allows these boundaries to merge as districts are not defined exactly and a property can be under multiple districts within reason (we plotted all the districts based on 10 years of data and tried to remove any strange outliers)

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Only thing I notice is that it gives you the default view of highest price first - and when you alter to lowest first it loses the PB info ? Not a huge deal - easy enough to work around but could be a wee fix to do in future.

Or maybe its just me. :lol:

HOLA4421

Only thing I notice is that it gives you the default view of highest price first - and when you alter to lowest first it loses the PB info ? Not a huge deal - easy enough to work around but could be a wee fix to do in future.

Or maybe its just me. :lol:

No its not just you, see the announcement / intro to the new features; http://www.property-bee.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10842

I thought it would be better to get a version out that is usable on espc (and daft.ie) again, rather than wait a few more weeks (if not more) until I figured how to solve tricker problem of how to deal with the (very nice, I must say) refine search feature on espc.

Cheers

BH

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
  • 2 weeks later...
HOLA4424

Cheers makes sense to sort wee things like that out later - glad its back up now

I've just made available a beta version which (on initial testing) appears to work with espc when you refine the search :D

If anyone has time to try it out and make sure it does what its supposed to... see http://www.property-bee.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=10866&p=14595#p14594 for more info.

Cheers

BH

Edited by beerhunter

HOLA4425

It certainly works whether search results are listed high to low or vice versa - if that was the purpose, then it works!

Like the extra features too - the graph makes things a little easier to see price over time. I clicked on about 20 properties though and didn't get any results from the "show similar properties" feature - trust that is in pipeline.

Anyway, well done!