House Price Crash Forum

Nama Northern Ireland

PJ1977

HOLA441

OMG. The Law Society have now amended their statement.

"Julian O'Neill ‏@julianoneill ·

Having not exactly covered themselves in glory up to now, Law Society AMENDING statement to make clear they can investigate him."

My brim has overflowed with confidence in the Law Society now. Your point on SME's is a valid one IMO. I hope at least one of them has enough to take this further.

Crime? The PS NI aren't investigating

If this was a movie it would be too confusing for me. If nobody owns the dosh I bagsy it.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

http://www.irishnews.com/news/2015/07/08/news/first-minister-in-secret-meetings-over-nama-property-sale-174514/

From the article - Caps not mine.

"FIRST Minister Peter Robinson held a series of secret meetings with a former US vice president who heads the investment company linked to a massive financial scandal Details have emerged of top level meeting between the DUP leader and Cerberus chairman Dan Quayle in Belfast last March - which was also attended by Ian Coulter, the solicitor who is at the centre of the controversy.

Sinn Féin last night expressed surprise at the revelation and revealed that the meeting took place without the knowledge of the deputy first minister.

"Details of the meetings came amid growing calls for a police investigation into the dealings surrounding the Nama sale, which was the biggest property deal in Ireland's history

I think it's about time somebody called the police.

HOLA443
HOLA444

http://www.irishnews.com/news/2015/07/08/news/first-minister-in-secret-meetings-over-nama-property-sale-174514/

From the article - Caps not mine.

"FIRST Minister Peter Robinson held a series of secret meetings with a former US vice president who heads the investment company linked to a massive financial scandal Details have emerged of top level meeting between the DUP leader and Cerberus chairman Dan Quayle in Belfast last March - which was also attended by Ian Coulter, the solicitor who is at the centre of the controversy.

Sinn Féin last night expressed surprise at the revelation and revealed that the meeting took place without the knowledge of the deputy first minister.

"Details of the meetings came amid growing calls for a police investigation into the dealings surrounding the Nama sale, which was the biggest property deal in Ireland's history

I think it's about time somebody called the police.

Secret meetings - I am fairly sure this was in the press before. I remember the name Dan Quayle mentioned before. In another article is states deputy was also present.

HOLA445

From what i read in the article i took it as one meeting that was kept top secret and one meeting that was in the press at the time (two in total). Therefore an emphasis on what was this secret meeting all about ?

a certain blog is now running a new story referring to another deal in the offering tomorrow that involves a £30m assistance package to a firm with links to Robinson Jnr

Edited by getdoon_weebobby

HOLA446

PSNI said they won't investigate it.

Julian O'Neill ‏@julianoneill

Big breaking news:PSNI is to launch a criminal inquiry into Nama deal + is now engaging with national/international law enforcement partners

A certain Solicitor may just be starting a few sleepless nights.

The bigger question will surround Cerberus. We are told Pimco disclosed to NAMA that they were being asked for these extra 'fees'. NAMA's stated response informs us they, as a result asked Pimco to leave the process. So much as thanks for honesty.

Cerberus, on the other hand have stated that they confirmed that they were making no such payments yet it would appear that a Solicitor 'working' on their behalf found him self placing a large amount of money in a I0M account.

HOLA447

BelfastVI I have been thinking exactly the same the last few days.

i can think of very few legitimate reasons why Cerebus would send a secretive payment to this solicitor in question.

I would imagine that quote means FBI involvement...

HOLA448
HOLA449

All right folks, here's what I heard today - from a friend whose brother is a solicitor (aye):

3 million of three legged tail-less money was ear marked for a well known party leader.

2 million of same was for a prominent member of same party, remaining 2 million for another party colleague, possibly son of someone.

This money was paid by winning bidders to ensure sealed bids lost their seals.

Leader of rival party with roughly similar if less strident views knows all about this and can't stop smiling, confidently predicting demise of rival party.

Allegedly.

Edited by yadayada

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

All right folks, here's what I heard today - from a friend whose brother is a solicitor (aye):

3 million of three legged tail-less money was ear marked for a well known party leader.

2 million of same was for a prominent member of same party, remaining 2 million for another party colleague, possibly son of someone.

Leader of rival party with roughly similar if less strident views knows all about this and can't stop smiling, confidently predicting demise of rival party.

Allegedly.

maybe i am naive but how the hell did they expect to get away with it ?

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Allegedly.

im guessing 2 mill for someone who has been known to wear nothing but a smile ?

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Secret meetings - I am fairly sure this was in the press before. I remember the name Dan Quayle mentioned before. In another article is states deputy was also present.

Irish News have now removed the claim that Martin McGuiness was involved in secret meeting with Dan Qualye and added the twitpic he sent at the time, although their claim that neither put the meeting through the First Ministers offices is the same for both.

http://www.irishnews.com/news/2015/07/08/news/secret-cerberus-meetings-between-peter-robinson-and-former-vice-president-of-us-174449/

HOLA4419

No names yet officially so I would say yes. Now who do we know with injunction experience?

Perhaps I should phone one of those morning radio shows? They seem to have a lot of experience with a wide variety of stuff?

I found this earlier. Says only 5 injunctions in place in April 15 from NI courts and no new ones since 13. A very recent one perhaps or this could be an unreliable or incomplete source. http://tuv.org.uk/five-super-injunctions-in-operation-in-northern-ireland/

Can't find it now but I read just today that an injunction had been applied for but refused. I think just from seeing what names are where, in terms of page placement and differences in what names are/were used or not used in South and North media that there is at least one injunction in place IMO

HOLA4420

Perhaps I should phone one of those morning radio shows? They seem to have a lot of experience with a wide variety of stuff?

You'd think they would. Wouldn't you. You'd think one of those early morning shows would be ideal place to call with all manor of concerns with press freedom... they'd give you the low down. At least that's what I would expect...

HOLA4421

haha very good guys.

anyway have a great evening im away on business here in London so i'm just gonna log off the internet and chill out and watch one of those pay per view films that you get in those fancy hotels when your away from NI working in London. Using my company card yeah.

HOLA4422

haha very good guys.

anyway have a great evening im away on business here in London so i'm just gonna log off the internet and chill out and watch one of those pay per view films that you get in those fancy hotels when your away from NI working in London. Using my company card yeah.

This is way better than a movie! Heaven only knows what you may miss. I have progressed from popcorn onto chocolate peanuts. Things got serious.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

im guessing 2 mill for someone who has been known to wear nothing but a smile ?

i have racked up £555 on these films while away from work. i am somewhat addicted....

interesting article i just read:

https://scicrit.wordpress.com/2015/05/05/private-eye-going-clear-and-the-uks-new-libel-tourism-centre/

I have some really disturbing visuals now. Not good.

HOLA4425