• Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Net worth of $3.9million. Yep, he's just like one of us. :rolleyes:

Given the guy is 78 and has worked for years as a doctor I don't see that as an issue. In the south east anyone who owns there own home outright and has a pension probably has a networth of over $1m.

He is what I'd call affluent middle class.

HOLA447
HOLA448
how the frack they get anyone elected what with caucases, precincts, secret ballots, electronic ballots, then there is an election and another vote?

My favourite bit it that after all the people in America make a huge fuss about voting, it all means precisely DICK.

The electoral college members actually make the final vote and, while they are supposed to be "guided" by the results of the vote by the people, can choose to vote whichever way they wish.

It's not unknown for them to vote differently to the general population in their state, although to-date it has never changed the outcome of a presidential election.

I wonder if we have finally reached the point where it will.

To be fair, IMHO if the Republicans lose the next US election they wont take it laying down, and we will probably see the wealthier, less densely populated "republican states" seceed (sp?) and start their own "Republic of America" or similar.

HOLA449

My favourite bit it that after all the people in America make a huge fuss about voting, it all means precisely DICK.

The electoral college members actually make the final vote and, while they are supposed to be "guided" by the results of the vote by the people, can choose to vote whichever way they wish.

It's not unknown for them to vote differently to the general population in their state, although to-date it has never changed the outcome of a presidential election.

I wonder if we have finally reached the point where it will.

To be fair, IMHO if the Republicans lose the next US election they wont take it laying down, and we will probably see the wealthier, less densely populated "republican states" seceed (sp?) and start their own "Republic of America" or similar.

To be fair from their arent any actual Republicans in the GOP nominees other than the forementioned so they may as well start seceeding now if thats the case as they aint gonna get one even if they put a Republican in and the Democrats wont get an actual Democrat either if they win but they will get what they vote for the same as in the UK

HOLA4410

Ron Paul may win tonight - he may even do well in New Hampshire and come second but he will bomb in the southern states of South Carolina and Florida. His views foreign affairs are simply seen as too anti Israel and pro Muslim.

The alterrnatives are scary though - Romney is a Wall Street man (you might as well elect the CEO of Goldman Sachs to the White House) but the surge now seems to be for Rick Santorum a truly scary catholic fundamentalist. I really fear for the world if he wins the White House.

Rick Santorum came second (edit: to Romney) by just 8 votes in Iowa. :o

Now that is scary. I've just been reading about him - he's GWB on steroids. If he wins the republican nomination, I'll be building a bunker, collecting beans and joining a gun club.

HOLA4411

Rick Santorum came second (edit: to Romney) by just 8 votes in Iowa. :o

Now that is scary. I've just been reading about him - he's GWB on steroids. If he wins the republican nomination, I'll be building a bunker, collecting beans and joining a gun club.

It's a beauty parade between competing fruit loops.

End result will thus be a fruit loop.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Doomberg reported on this.

they had two commentators on.

Paul came third remember....he was not mentioned once...all the others were, not Paul.

Same for BBC Today R4 this morning. Frightening.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

i saw that during a rare viewing of the zanu news and whilst it didn't surprise me,I thought it was well out of order.they gave up striving for impariality years ago and what sticks in my throat is when they look down their nose at fox news and call it biased ffs.

He doesn't seem to me to be ignored to any great extent on the BBC website, in fact there is an entire feature on him on the first BBC US election page of the website, acknowledging the very reasons why he is considered to be an 'unlikely' candidate by the world media.

I can't see how logically there is any kind of 'lefty' (usually the reason given for BBC bias) motivation that would see the BBC being biased against one Republican candidate over another. Could you explain?

Archived