House Price Crash Forum

How Half Of All Social Housing In Parts Of England Goes To People Born Abroad

crash2006

HOLA441

British people who have paid their taxes should get priority in the social housing queue over new migrants, David Cameron’s poverty tsar has said.

Frank Field, the senior Labour MP, has called for a shake-up of the way housing is handed out as it emerged that nearly half of all social housing in parts of the country were given to immigrants.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2130095/Calls-British-people-given-priority-social-housing-queue-revealed-foreigners-HALF-properties.html

Discuss: lol when they were in power they told us it was not true.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

British people who have paid their taxes should get priority in the social housing queue over new migrants, David Cameron’s poverty tsar has said.

It says so much about this country that a "poverty tsar" even has to make such an obvious statement :lol:

And of course nothing will come of it anyway.....

HOLA445

I think the British are getting the governments they deserve. No discussion is ever allowed. Come election time those who want real change will be denounced as racists, Cameron and his ilk will wring their hands and claim they are listening and will promise much, one of the big three will get elected again and the destruction of the UK will continue.

The solution is simple but since those in power are working to their own agenda they are more than happy with how things are.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Judging by my visits to hospital and to dentists last year, more than half of the staff there were bom overseas too, so we're getting a good deal in that respect. Of course it would have been better to spend more on training our own youngsters to work in the NHS but for various reasons this has not taken place.

Incidentally another article from the DM points out that more than half our companies are owned by foreigners - which makes tax collection that much harder (according to the article).

Britain for sale

HOLA449

British people who have paid their taxes should get priority in the social housing queue over new migrants, David Cameron's poverty tsar has said.

Since when do people who pay tax qualify for social housing? Perhaps I should apply, just to see how hysterically I get laughed at once I tell them I pay enough tax to keep a couple of families in better accommodation than I choose to live in.

Also, haven't they largely abolished the subsidy on council housing, with new tenants being expected to pay 80% of the market rate to live next to foreign-born people?

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

If you're not benefitting from the over generous welfare state that now exists in the UK there are far better places to spend your time.

diveristy = ethnic cleansing

anti racist = anti white

family->extended family->race->community->town->country

every link in this crucial chain has been smashed & systematically eroded - why ?

isolated people are weak & lonely, therefore much easier to "use"

family - destroyed via benefit system

extended family ditto

conecept / value of race - destroyed through constant propaganda over the last 30 years

community - pubs, church, values, jobs slowly gone in all but small villages

towns - places where the mob rule

country - region 12 I think we go by these days

Look at Japan, imagine this disaster here.....New orleans

HOLA4412

Block of flats or a house? It's a 5 bed detached house. This is a social housing property that was built next door to my house, 6 kids, as far as i'm aware no one works in the household and they definately are not from the UK.

As a bloke who has worked from the age of 16 and had the good fortune to be able to buy my own home it does go against the grain when i see things just given away, I'm not racist, I cannot blame the family for taking advantage of the system, but i do blame the local councils, gubberments for forcing their social engineering experiment upon us.

HOLA4413

Since when do people who pay tax qualify for social housing? Perhaps I should apply, just to see how hysterically I get laughed at once I tell them I pay enough tax to keep a couple of families in better accommodation than I choose to live in.

Also, haven't they largely abolished the subsidy on council housing, with new tenants being expected to pay 80% of the market rate to live next to foreign-born people?

In some areas the cost of social housing now exceeds private rented housing. What with the decade of above inflation rent rises and then some.

HOLA4414

In some areas the cost of social housing now exceeds private rented housing. What with the decade of above inflation rent rises and then some.

With respect to flats and bedsits in the North of England. What is interesting is that the social rent on a one bed flat/bedsit is around £65 per week but a two or three bed council house only £75 - £85 per week.

They way things are going with one bed accomodation, local authorities might end up stuck with them. But that might be the plan.

Also I've noted the "absentee tenant" syndrome in my block. There are indeed two flats on my floor (out of a total of six) which have the blinds permanently down and I've never seen anyone go in or out of them.

HOLA4415

The social housing rent cannot be much larger as otherwise the tenants would just move. What I wondered about was why there were waiting lists many years long (and indeed indefinite if you aren't deemed a priority) if new tenants would have to pay 80% of market rent. Maybe the 80% figure does not mean what I had thought, and that is before it possibly turns out to be some sort of a target, aspiration, aim, or some other thing that is not meant to be actually implemented. The best link I can easily find is this: http://www.guardian.co.uk/housing-network/poll/2011/aug/24/poll-will-affordable-rent-work Does anybody know what the deal is? I expect the claimants know very well why they are queuing :-)

HOLA4416

Ah but I bet they have welcomed you into their er house, I suspect they've wanted to embrace you and your culture and wanted to be involved in the wider community.

No?

How strange.

Please tell me I'm wrong and you get on with them like a house on fire, that's what the government social engineers would like.

The social engineering was largely conducted by local Labour and its been very clever, almost by stealth as no one dare discuss it without being regarded as "rascist."

Back in the 90's I private rented in Leicester for a while. I was the only "******" in the street. My pakistani neighbours reported me to the council for running a business from home. I duly reported them (selling second hand Nissans, and also someone clearly running a sweat shop across the street) and at the same time I demanding my case be handled by someone at the council of my ethnic origin. Case instantly dropped like a hot brick.

But the ethnic cleansing of places like Leicester has been going on for some time to shore up Labour support, and allocating social housing is part of the tool. Once the estates are filled up with enough people of an ethnic persuasion, no one white wants to live there. Also immigrants if they vote at all, tend to vote, surprise, surprise ..Labour. Rotten boroughs indeed, though asian youth seem to be rebelling against the corruption of Labour, if the results in Bradford recently are not isolated.

HOLA4417

At the 2006 election in Barking and Dagenham this was precisely the issue that the BNP campaigned on, but it was shouted down by the media. Anyone interviewed on their doorstep with first hand accounts of housing going to immigrants was called a liar and a racist by the opposition and the media, often to their face.

The horse has well and truly bolted.

HOLA4418

The social housing rent cannot be much larger as otherwise the tenants would just move. What I wondered about was why there were waiting lists many years long (and indeed indefinite if you aren't deemed a priority) if new tenants would have to pay 80% of market rent. Maybe the 80% figure does not mean what I had thought, and that is before it possibly turns out to be some sort of a target, aspiration, aim, or some other thing that is not meant to be actually implemented. The best link I can easily find is this: http://www.guardian....dable-rent-work Does anybody know what the deal is? I expect the claimants know very well why they are queuing :-)

http://www.insidehousing.co.uk/concession-over-affordable-rents/6513001.article]

Ministers hope to raise £1.5 billion to help fund 150,000 homes with the new tenure which will allow landlords to charge up to 80 per cent of market rent for new tenancies.Pegging rent levels to market rates would, however, mean rental income dropping for new homes in some areas of the north, such as Blackburn and Hull.

People won't move for cheaper rents unless they benefit from them. You would have to be a fool to risk a lifetime tenancy for a 6months AST to save £10 a week. There is also the cost of moving, and you may be settled in your community. You may have good neighbours.

That said, one of my neighbours did recently move out of his HA flat into a 2bed private rented house and he now pays less in rent.

People want social housing because it offers security. You don't get kicked out after 6 months because your landlord has found somebody prepared to pay a higher rent. In addition to security of tenure you also have minimum housing standards, most social housing has been built to the Parker Morris standard. It is better for your health to live in housing built to such a standard. You CAN swing a cat around, you have some storage space, natural light enters the property.

HOLA4419

http://www.insidehou...6513001.article]

[/font][/color]

People won't move for cheaper rents unless they benefit from them. You would have to be a fool to risk a lifetime tenancy for a 6months AST to save £10 a week. There is also the cost of moving, and you may be settled in your community. You may have good neighbours.

That said, one of my neighbours did recently move out of his HA flat into a 2bed private rented house and he now pays less in rent.

People want social housing because it offers security. You don't get kicked out after 6 months because your landlord has found somebody prepared to pay a higher rent. In addition to security of tenure you also have minimum housing standards, most social housing has been built to the Parker Morris standard. It is better for your health to live in housing built to such a standard. You CAN swing a cat around, you have some storage space, natural light enters the property.

+1

And interestingly Boris Johnson tried to get the Parker Morris standards re-implememted in London though backed away eventually. Indeed I think there was a problem that social housing organisations couldn't acquire new build apartment dwellings as it didn't comply.

HOLA4420

I think Labour have lost the muslim vote now. The future is Respeck! Are muslims really going to vote for a party which supports killing their "brothers" in Iraq and Afghan, and has a Jewish leader? I can't see that happening much any more.

Long ago Labour abandoned their working class roots in favour of ethnic sectarianism. Now they've lost Scotland to the SNP, Wales to Plaid, muslims to Respect and their core working class is totally disillusioned with them and easy pickings for the BNP.

HOLA4421

I think Labour have lost the muslim vote now. The future is Respeck! Are muslims really going to vote for a party which supports killing their "brothers" in Iraq and Afghan, and has a Jewish leader? I can't see that happening much any more.

Long ago Labour abandoned their working class roots in favour of ethnic sectarianism. Now they've lost Scotland to the SNP, Wales to Plaid, muslims to Respect and their core working class is totally disillusioned with them and easy pickings for the BNP.

The BNP is a joke. A nationalist party for multiple nations??? - reminds me of council tax benefit. And it has never really done well, and just keeps doing worse. People are now flocking to the EDP instead. There really should be a Yorkshire Nationalist/Republican party, labour is akin to one, but soon the tribal elders will die off, and the sooner those hordes of pensioners stop voting labour like sheep the better.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

English Democrat Party.

http://www.voteenglish.org/

Their site got hacked last year just before the election. All you needed to do was type "/admin" laugh.gif

They seem to have a got a lot of new members from people defecting from the BNP.

I think the housing line is, English at top of list, but don't build any new housing. It is;

2.8 Housing

2.8.1 Housing supply and pricing is being severely distorted by the levels of immigration into England. First time buyers find it difficult to afford a home of their own and need to take on large mortgages and the attendant interest payments, in order to do so. Social housing is currently insufficient to meet demand.

2.8.2With our pledge to bring mass immigration to a complete end and to expel illegal immigrants, then the pressure on housing will be lessened.

2.8.3 The English Democrats advocate a fairer points system for the allocation of social housing, giving greater priority to local people and those who are married and in work. Publicly funded affordable housing purchase/rental schemes should only be available to first time buyers who are citizens of this country.

HOLA4425

Archived