House Price Crash Forum

Seems Shared Ownership Is Getting The Push (Forward)

BoviBoy

HOLA441

Having just driven around my local town, I noticed several new build apartment blocks (still in the building phase) have got nice shiney new signs advertising that they are now for shared ownership. I'm guessing that alot of these were started with the intention of them being social housing as the town has a huge waiting list, and the position of the blocks are not in the best position (pokey bits of land right next to a 3 lane ringroad with no parking).

I also noticed the other week on the councils weekly social house bidding list, there was a new apartment block advertised. Bidded for one of the many flats that were available, but when I checked back a week later there was a big notice slapped across the front page of the website saying the blocks were "advertised in error and are for shared ownership". Pitty the people who buy them though as there is going to be a new viaduct built right next to them in a few years time with trains rumbling past.

Seems to me they are reluctant to get the affordable housing built that is so desperately needed, and more interested in spreading the boomer debt onto the young!

HOLA442

Having just driven around my local town, I noticed several new build apartment blocks (still in the building phase) have got nice shiney new signs advertising that they are now for shared ownership. I'm guessing that alot of these were started with the intention of them being social housing as the town has a huge waiting list, and the position of the blocks are not in the best position (pokey bits of land right next to a 3 lane ringroad with no parking).

I also noticed the other week on the councils weekly social house bidding list, there was a new apartment block advertised. Bidded for one of the many flats that were available, but when I checked back a week later there was a big notice slapped across the front page of the website saying the blocks were "advertised in error and are for shared ownership". Pitty the people who buy them though as there is going to be a new viaduct built right next to them in a few years time with trains rumbling past.

Seems to me they are reluctant to get the affordable housing built that is so desperately needed, and more interested in spreading the boomer debt onto the young!

Well I hope those apartments get some decent soundproofing. :blink:

Sadly, Housing Associations and Councils only seem to want to build homes whereby there is some significant financial input from the buyer/tenant. In my opinion, it is affordable rented housing that should just be built, not these shared ownership homes that Housing Minister Grant Schapps is so fond of. :rolleyes:

As for mistakenly advertising newly built flats up for bids as opposed to Shared Ownership - what a monumental **** up! :lol:

HOLA443
HOLA444