House Price Crash Forum

B B C Radio London 94.9 10.08.08

HOLA441

Also, check out Drivetime with Eddie and Kath 08.08.08 at around 6.05pm when I was on talking about the economy.

Both the drivetime and Eddy Nestor items are now available for download from the HPC server:

Drivetime with Eddy and Kath (MP3, 2.55MB, 4 mins 55 seconds)

Eddy Nestor (MP3, 17.8MB, 39 mins 3 seconds)

Edited by Financial Planner

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
Perhaps he's earning some needed money from such adventures...could make up for all the money he lost since STR in 2001 !

£25 was my payment - to cover my costs.

BTW - get your facts straight if you want to be personal.

Anyway who are you to comment on me personally? Comment on my statements not on me personally, anonymously. P..ck! :angry:

HOLA446
HOLA447
£25 was my payment - to cover my costs.

BTW - get your facts straight if you want to be personal.

Anyway who are you to comment on me personally? Comment on my statements not on me personally, anonymously. P..ck! :angry:

Many posters have commented on your statements, your judgements and your forecasts and get met with the same aggressive and childish replies. If your going to self promote yourself expect to be humoured. Or at least maybe answer why STR was such a good idea in 2001. It's not like your a FTB having been priced out the market. You STRed hoping to profit from the housing market. Whether thats a good idea or not ??? :blink:

BTW I'm a lady so therefore not a p..ck.

HOLA448
Or at least maybe answer why STR was such a good idea in 2001.

I am not going to respond to personal aggression especially when the facts you and other aggressors state are rubbish. This is not the News of the World.

Why don't you put yourself in the firing line ratehr than act as the execution squad firing? (Much easier to fire than be fired at, isn't it?)

Typo and added about firing line.

Edited by Financial Planner

HOLA449
I am not going to respond to personal aggression especially when the facts you and other aggressors state are rubbish. This is not the News of the World.

Why don't you put yourself in the firing line ratehr than act as the execution squad firing? (Much easier to fire than be fired at, isn't it?)

Typo and added about firing line.

It's not personal aggression. I'm told you STRed in 2001. If this is untrue why not state what your situation is. It has a strong bearing behind what your comments and views are now surely?

You seem very upset. It's eating inside you perhaps this decision to STR in 2001?

Also overall what is the point you are making. The market will go down? Well ... well done !! all markets go up down and sideways. No one can predict (however much they say they can) when and how much... The advice you give on this site is for what purpose? To hope to push prices down ? I'd understand if you were a FTB hoping to get onto the ladder but what is your motivation if it isn't to correct a big error you may (or may not have made ) in 2001.

HOLA4410
It's not personal aggression. I'm told you STRed in 2001. If this is untrue why not state what your situation is. It has a strong bearing behind what your comments and views are now surely?

You seem very upset. It's eating inside you perhaps this decision to STR in 2001?

Also overall what is the point you are making. The market will go down? Well ... well done !! all markets go up down and sideways. No one can predict (however much they say they can) when and how much... The advice you give on this site is for what purpose? To hope to push prices down ? I'd understand if you were a FTB hoping to get onto the ladder but what is your motivation if it isn't to correct a big error you may (or may not have made ) in 2001.

What's it to you or anyone what I did? If you want to know my professional views they are here and on our firm's site. What I did is irrelevant. And you were told wrong!

I don't give advice on this site. I state my view, as do many others.

I note you don't answer my questions thus I shall no longer answer yours.

HOLA4411

Put yourself in my shoes: I am actually visible. Perhaps the only poster who is NOT anonymous. That is why I should be able to keep my personal affairs to myself. Before I was the spokesman I was anonymous so I told my story. I am no longer anonymous. That you Bruce Banner can't see that, I think you are mean-spirited and I see it as personally aggressive. So, that is why I reported your post.

BTW - once again, I am NOT a Moderator. I have no deletion facility. Thus, as any member, I reported your post as I found it and the HPC Mods took action as they saw fit with regards to Forum rules.

Break the rules and you will leave yourself open to question.

HOLA4412
Put yourself in my shoes: I am actually visible. Perhaps the only poster who is NOT anonymous. That is why I should be able to keep my personal affairs to myself. Before I was the spokesman I was anonymous so I told my story. I am no longer anonymous. That you Bruce Banner can't see that, I think you are mean-spirited and I see it as personally aggressive. So, that is why I reported your post.

BTW - once again, I am NOT a Moderator. I have no deletion facility. Thus, as any member, I reported your post as I found it and the HPC Mods took action as they saw fit with regards to Forum rules.

Break the rules and you will leave yourself open to question.

Although the forum rules make no mention of it being forbidden to quote an old post, I take your point about posts that you made before becoming the spokesman.

This post was made by you in November 2007, long after you had become the website spokesman, so I assume that it is in order to quote it.

Thanks Doc

Actually I sold in late 2002 to be with my fiance 20 miles south (Broxbourne) and £100k more expensive. SO we didn;t buy back in. Been very comfortable with the decision ever since given its 15-20 yr cycle. Prices will plummet and in a few years we will find the 1 in 30 that falls 75%.

ALso, we have lived FAR better than if we'd borrowed.

Do come and say hello and that goes for anyone. Email me via my details if you think you will.

How about an E Herts pub?

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Bruce Banner

Give it a rest. I don't put my personal arrangements out there any longer. If I did 9 months ago then perhaps I shouldn't have. IIRC, that was to clear some things up - once and for all. Get it?

HOLA4415
Hi FP getting back to the subject in hand with the halifax data and everyone else showing increasing price drops are you still going for 30% drops or do you now thing they will be larger ?

Good man.

Our target remains 35% by c 2011. Back to 2002/03 levels.

However, as I have written for our client newsletter for next month that now looks optimistic. Can't say anymore as don't know anymore.

But 1999 levels are not out of the question.

HOLA4416

I have to say, FP, that I'm surprised by the lack of personal-type attacks on here given where we are in August 2008. There will be a significant number of very badly-burned people stumbling upon this website over the next couple of years. The cause of their financial ruin obviously cannot be due to their own gullability/stupidity/greed so someone else will need to wear the blame.

HOLA4417
Good man.

Our target remains 35% by c 2011. Back to 2002/03 levels.

However, as I have written for our client newsletter for next month that now looks optimistic. Can't say anymore as don't know anymore.

But 1999 levels are not out of the question.

FP, don't take any notice of all the nasty little comments on here from SOME people.

I (we) think you are doing a brilliant job!

Every time I hear you are on one of these shows I think 'Thank God' because you nearly

always say everything that ALL of us would love to say but either don't get the chance to or could

not put our thoughts so eloquently.

I heard you on the JEREMY VINE SHOW last week and thought you were brilliant.

You had that EA stammering all through the interview.

I think the Housing Market would have crashed in 2005 if the BOE/FSA had both done their

jobs properly and stopped the lending madness that went on. Now this country finds itself in the terrible state it is now.

I have to say even in my wildest dreams I never thought it would be as 'bad' as this.

This has gone way past any of my 'expectations'.

I think however, that 35% reductions is going to prove to be 'conservative'.

I am only basing this assumption on my own 'gut' feeling however. The way things are

this crash 'feels' like it will be a 'bad' one.

We are at about 10% reductions already arn't we ? Thats only taken about 6 months!

Still, I would be happy with 35%!

This is one occasion when I hope you are wrong and I am right ! ;)

Keep up the good work FP ! We are all behind you. :P

HOLA4418
Although the forum rules make no mention of it being forbidden to quote an old post, I take your point about posts that you made before becoming the spokesman.

This post was made by you in November 2007, long after you had become the website spokesman, so I assume that it is in order to quote it.

Thanks for clearing that up. 2002 not 2001 was the date you STRed.

I think its important to know so we can listen to your points of view (professional or personal) and then judge for ourselves on how we view what you say. How we then view your comments is our own right, as much as you dislike this fact.

In the interest of sharing, I myself am amazed at both the froth and hysteria that is given to house prices when they were rising and now that they are falling. I have bought 3 houses since 2005 and sold one. My decisions were made for both personal reasons to live in my own house and investment reasons. My decisions on all the properties were to always do a lot of research, buy as cheap as possible and add value to the property. All decisions were made to allow me to make money when I bought (this is possible as a lot of professionals know) and fix rates for as long as possible to avoid any problems in a downturn. All markets go up, down and sideways and I am not interested in forecasting how much or when, rather to look after my investments and keep making more (whether that be houses or shares or whatever).

This makes me a B2L Landlord and for that I do not apologise. Being 30 years old I had a choice in 2005 to complain, sit on the sidelines or make the best of what is a difficult to be young with a young family. I have made my decisions and due to sensible property investment using the advice of actual professional property investors (not inside track!!!) I am well covered to whether any storm. It's probably the same mentality that's let me start and run my own business and now live abroad 70% of the year by a beach and enjoy seeing my children grow up.

Voila. Happy Teaboy (girl!) I am.

HOLA4419
I have bought 3 houses since 2005 and sold one.

I have made my decisions and due to sensible property investment using the advice of actual professional property investors (not inside track!!!) I am well covered to whether any storm.

ANY storm? One that takes us back in time to pre-2005 prices? Pre-2004? Pre-2001, even?

HOLA4420
Thanks for clearing that up. 2002 not 2001 was the date you STRed.

I think its important to know so we can listen to your points of view (professional or personal) and then judge for ourselves on how we view what you say. How we then view your comments is our own right, as much as you dislike this fact.

In the interest of sharing, I myself am amazed at both the froth and hysteria that is given to house prices when they were rising and now that they are falling. I have bought 3 houses since 2005 and sold one. My decisions were made for both personal reasons to live in my own house and investment reasons. My decisions on all the properties were to always do a lot of research, buy as cheap as possible and add value to the property. All decisions were made to allow me to make money when I bought (this is possible as a lot of professionals know) and fix rates for as long as possible to avoid any problems in a downturn. All markets go up, down and sideways and I am not interested in forecasting how much or when, rather to look after my investments and keep making more (whether that be houses or shares or whatever).

This makes me a B2L Landlord and for that I do not apologise. Being 30 years old I had a choice in 2005 to complain, sit on the sidelines or make the best of what is a difficult to be young with a young family. I have made my decisions and due to sensible property investment using the advice of actual professional property investors (not inside track!!!) I am well covered to whether any storm. It's probably the same mentality that's let me start and run my own business and now live abroad 70% of the year by a beach and enjoy seeing my children grow up.

Voila. Happy Teaboy (girl!) I am.

it is my amateur psychological opinion that you are bricking it and trying to apportion blame. Still, welcome to the message board, you are going to be entertaining, I can feel it.

HOLA4421
it is my amateur psychological opinion that you are bricking it and trying to apportion blame. Still, welcome to the message board, you are going to be entertaining, I can feel it.

Oh dear. Discussing things on internet forums is a little like arguing with a bunch of 5 year olds. I've had a bit of free time but now I'm going to be busy again so no more posts for me to entertain you.

The site has dangerous advice but its not for me to rally and show the truth. The worst I've found is FPlanner - STR in 2002 and now an expert on the housing market. Please FP - you have no place to be commenting on an industry you know nothing about. Your a complete farce with no credibility.

Others here with over 5000 posts , Firstly stop posting and join the real human world. Secondly it does not make you wise to have a lot of posts. I see no advice worth following on here. Most big posters are I suspect also angry and old. One who's name escapes me (Elizabeth is it) blaming the rising market on her not being able to buy a house. She then admits she's 55 years old. Think that shows what an ar*e she is.

I'll be off to the beach, bricking it :rolleyes: I don't think ! Enjoy your rented accommodation and your sad 9-5 lives. x

HOLA4422
Oh dear. Discussing things on internet forums is a little like arguing with a bunch of 5 year olds. I've had a bit of free time but now I'm going to be busy again so no more posts for me to entertain you.

The site has dangerous advice but its not for me to rally and show the truth. The worst I've found is FPlanner - STR in 2002 and now an expert on the housing market. Please FP - you have no place to be commenting on an industry you know nothing about. Your a complete farce with no credibility.

Others here with over 5000 posts , Firstly stop posting and join the real human world. Secondly it does not make you wise to have a lot of posts. I see no advice worth following on here. Most big posters are I suspect also angry and old. One who's name escapes me (Elizabeth is it) blaming the rising market on her not being able to buy a house. She then admits she's 55 years old. Think that shows what an ar*e she is.

I'll be off to the beach, bricking it :rolleyes: I don't think ! Enjoy your rented accommodation and your sad 9-5 lives. x

There is nothing wrong with healthy discussion and there will always be differing points of view. However, it is surely better to keep things amicable and not resort to personal insults as, by then, you have lost any argument or credibility.

Anyway I wish you well and appreciate that this site is not for you.

HOLA4423

Confirmation I was right.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

As I pointed out earlier on this thread, personal attacks are to be expected from this point onwards, sadly.

I suppose I'd be looking for someone to blame too if I had bought a couple of properties in 2005 and only 3 years later prices had dropped back to June 2006 levels over a 6 months duration with no end to the fall in sight.

The silver lining is that the BTL poor will have to cut back on luxuries like broadband in the future, so their bile will reduce over time.