House Price Crash Forum

Rotundaaaaa!

Dagon

HOLA441
It's unfortunate that this building is going to become like many other city centre flats/apartments because it is an iconic building and from what I can see Urban Splash have done a good job developing it. Still about 50% overpriced though!

I wonder how many of the original 2005 buyers have flipped already.

I totally agree. I hope to buy a one bed at the rotunda or Mailbox for around £50k in the next year or so to use as a bolthole. Both handy for New street station.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Check it out for yourself. Here's what happened to four of them:

http://www.laterooms.com/en/hotel-reservat...birmingham.aspx

£250-400/night

Could have a Brummy HPC Meeting there!

Late Rooms shows you the bookings/availability. Mostly empty. Couple of bookings. Currently taking bookings about half price.

Edited by ScaredEitherWay

HOLA443
HOLA444

I'm with daft boy. I'm looking to buy a 2 bed flat new build in or around Brum for about 100K at the **** end of next year. So fall away please. Didn't realise some of these didn't come with parking though. That rules them out completely.

Am looking to rent for next 12 months. Something with parking for 500pcm would be grand. I may be too optimistic though

HOLA445
Guest Bart of Darkness
Those photos remind me of Bladerunner... An urban nightmare under an angry sky.

roy_batty_tattoo.jpg

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe."

Roy Batty must have been looking at some of the asking prices for property in early 21st century Britain.

HOLA446
Guest Bart of Darkness
Those photos remind me of Bladerunner... An urban nightmare under an angry sky.

A vision of the future...?

Bladerunner.jpg

post-2284-1213296326_thumb.jpg

HOLA447

Agree with the previous comment, the Rotunda will be brum's Millenium Dome.

And to the person who was looking for 500pcm with parking, that should be attainable, although you may have to go a little off the beaten track (e.g. Digbeth, Jewellery Quarter). Having said that, they've just completed a 240 apartment block near where I rent (by canals just off Broad St) which will add to the glut of empy flats in the city. If I were you, I'd offer 500pcm on a place that's advertised at 600pcm. If they refuse, tell the agent 'fine, there's another 1500 empty places'. Any agent worth their salt will be strongly advising LLs to negotiate rent in the current market, as they're going down in brum city centre due to massive over-supply (and they're still building!!! as you can see from the cranes in the above pics).

HOLA448
HOLA449

And to the person who was looking for 500pcm with parking, that should be attainable, although you may have to go a little off the beaten track (e.g. Digbeth, Jewellery Quarter). Having said that, they've just completed a 240 apartment block near where I rent (by canals just off Broad St) which will add to the glut of empy flats in the city. If I were you, I'd offer 500pcm on a place that's advertised at 600pcm. If they refuse, tell the agent 'fine, there's another 1500 empty places'. Any agent worth their salt will be strongly advising LLs to negotiate rent in the current market, as they're going down in brum city centre due to massive over-supply (and they're still building!!! as you can see from the cranes in the above pics).

I am seeing both house prices and rents fall in Birmingham. Shortage of houses my a&rse.

HOLA4410

Good job i left Glenn Howells architects, they designed the rotunda for uber splash, no doubt with the amount of work they are doing in the residential property market will soon get shut down, i expect the redundancies to come quick and fast.

although Glenn is a decent fellow, he is also a property bull, he advised me to buy and not worry about the market, that was about a month before northern wreck. Glad i didn't listen, nor could afford to buy.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
A vision of the future...?

:lol:

'I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.

Attacked sh!t flats on fire off the shoulder of Egbaston.

I watched H-beams glitter in the dark near btl ghost block gates.

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die......'

http://www.blade-runner.it/index-e.asp?page=/frasi-e.html

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
Guest Bart of Darkness
'I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.

Attacked sh!t flats on fire off the shoulder of Egbaston.

I watched H-beams glitter in the dark near btl ghost block gates.

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die......'

Excellent stuff. Do you reckon Rutger Heuer could manage a Brum accent?

We hear Telly say that he spent hours here, walked through there and shopped here. Yet we never see him doing this. The cynic in me might suspect that our Telly never got closer to New Street that the intersection of Wilshire Boulevard and Rodeo Drive.

He puts some effort into it though. He certainly earns his money.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
Excellent stuff. Do you reckon Rutger Heuer could manage a Brum accent?

We hear Telly say that he spent hours here, walked through there and shopped here. Yet we never see him doing this. The cynic in me might suspect that our Telly never got closer to New Street that the intersection of Wilshire Boulevard and Rodeo Drive.

He puts some effort into it though. He certainly earns his money.

He didn't visit any of the UK towns he did promo voice-over narrations for. BBC R4, if I recall rightly, said all his recording work was done in America!

HOLA4417
Guest Bart of Darkness
He didn't visit any of the UK towns he did promo voice-over narrations for. BBC R4, if I recall rightly, said all his recording work was done in America!

:(

It seeems that even millionaire Hollywood actors are nothing but phonys!

Is there nothing left to believe in? Next you'll be telling me that he wore a bald-cap and was allergic to lollipops.

HOLA4418
  • 3 weeks later...
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
i went up the rotunda last saturday afternoon as part of the residential lettings' group open day.

20th floor balcony was quite nice (incredibly vertiginous!) but it ate into the living space, so even the £2k pcm 2-bed 2-bath place (£450k?! was poky).

saw other appt types as well, and they're obviously tiny.

only residents i saw were a couple of twenty-somethings with cans of guinness in their arms at 13.00 on a saturday...

nice city views, but that novelty lasted around 10 mins.

at least your safe in the knowledge that your also paying less than the students living on campus at aston uni......

Edited by moosetea

HOLA4421
at least your safe in the knowledge that your also paying less than the students living on campus at aston uni......

Probably not once you factor in council tax and bills. How much is halls at Aston these days? I paid £42 pw back in '97. That was in one of the high rises as the new ones hadn't yet been built.

HOLA4422
Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
I don't know about 'Serves 'em right'. They haven't necceserally done anything wrong - unless they lied to get a mortgage...

I just hope that these people somply put it down to experience and get on with life. They took a punt and lost. End of.

I suspect however, that we are going to be subjected to years of self-pitying whinging and whining from the stupid feckers!

Hold on, these are Brummies, not Scousers.

HOLA4423

"Rotundaaaaa!"

Is that the sound of someone jumping out of the window of one of their "luxury" flats, when they realise that their "investment" isn`t quite what they thought it would be ?

HOLA4424
  • 1 month later...
HOLA4425