House Price Crash Forum

Orange

Milton

HOLA441

The pricing structure is designed to encourage that, isn't it? As in, you can buy the phone standalone and outright for £500, or on a one-year contract at £30 a month (total cost £360).

Update: The T-Mobile Blackberry PAYG looks like it'll work for me for everything except international roaming, and for a tenner a month. I've ordered the SIM and am now in the process of trying to phone Orange to give my 30 days' notice. This is easier said than done - I've now been on hold listening to crappy 1980s easy listening on speakerphone for half an hour and counting...

Works great for me, low call/text user like you. The international roaming - depending on length of stay, probably much better to cut a deal then wth local phone co., with inclusive minutes / international calls to call back here etc.

HOLA442

I've been with three for the last 3 years (just upgraded to the new nokia lumia) even though the customer service is based in India they have always been excellent. My service went down in my house a couple of months ago so they gave me 2 months free and even called back 4 weeks after the problem was fixed to check every thing was fine.

http://www.sevenforums.com/news/200452-so-theres-rootkit-hidden-millions-cellphones.html :lol:

HOLA443

I have an orange as my business phone - so little choice.

Frankly the coverage from Orange (even after the T-Mobile sharing) is appalling and not a patch on Three who I have for my personal phone. I do know from past business phones that O2 and Vodafone are probably the best options for corporates.

HOLA444

I've been with three for the last 3 years (just upgraded to the new nokia lumia) even though the customer service is based in India they have always been excellent. My service went down in my house a couple of months ago so they gave me 2 months free and even called back 4 weeks after the problem was fixed to check every thing was fine.

I've seem some Nokia Lumia demonstrations, and I think it is very cool phone.

I have Windows Phone 7 on my Samsung Omnia with Three and I am very pleased. Having tried the Lumia, I will say he audio quality is better than my current phone (this is an area where Nokia was always strong) and the boot time is also good, as is the wider angle of the lens on the Camera. But the Samsumg Omnia is a pretty good phone as well. My corporate one is an HTC Mozart, not quite as good, but then is is a cheaper phone.

When I next upgrade, I'll probably take the Lumia on my personal account, and swap the HTC work phone for the my Omnia which I'll get to keep.

HOLA445

I used to have freeserve until orange bought them and the service went rapidly down hill after that....in fact I had terrible problems trying to cancel, you couldn't do it online only by a premium rate call that left you holding on for ages...I would NEVER deal with orange again...the future is not looking bright for orange in my book.....crap greedy companies are good at losing good customers.... ;)

HOLA446

I've seem some Nokia Lumia demonstrations, and I think it is very cool phone.

I have Windows Phone 7 on my Samsung Omnia with Three and I am very pleased. Having tried the Lumia, I will say he audio quality is better than my current phone (this is an area where Nokia was always strong) and the boot time is also good, as is the wider angle of the lens on the Camera. But the Samsumg Omnia is a pretty good phone as well. My corporate one is an HTC Mozart, not quite as good, but then is is a cheaper phone.

When I next upgrade, I'll probably take the Lumia on my personal account, and swap the HTC work phone for the my Omnia which I'll get to keep.

It's a great phone, screen and build quality are excellent also has decent volume on the headphone output which I use to connect as an MP3 player in the car. Nokia drive is excellent too

As for windows 7 phone, really easy to use, very fast and smooth and has built in office which is handy. I would recommend if you can live with less apps.

HOLA447
HOLA448

I recently got big problems with accessing Orange Email with my email address and password inexplicably not working for over a week. Phoning up, it seems like I'm not the only one with this problem. Orange has really gone down the tubes after being taken over by a French firm and then firing a ton of UK staff...

HOLA449

How you finding the battery? I'm waiting for my Lumia to arrive.

HOLA4410

How you finding the battery? I'm waiting for my Lumia to arrive.

Depends on how much I'm playing angry birds :) A charge overnight seems to keep it going for a day with moderate use. I have ordered an in car charger which is a must when using navigation.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

I used to have freeserve until orange bought them and the service went rapidly down hill after that....in fact I had terrible problems trying to cancel, you couldn't do it online only by a premium rate call that left you holding on for ages...I would NEVER deal with orange again...the future is not looking bright for orange in my book.....crap greedy companies are good at losing good customers.... ;)

Similar story here. We eventually just decided to write off the minor losses and never use Orange again. If you were with them during the temporary VAT reduction period, you'll recall that they kindly donated the difference in price between what you should be paying and what they were billing you to charity. Of course this was not optional.

Like many big companies they are theiving, immoral scum.

HOLA4413

Depends on how much I'm playing angry birds :) A charge overnight seems to keep it going for a day with moderate use. I have ordered an in car charger which is a must when using navigation.

Have you tried the bunny shooter one? I liked that one better. There's no better end to the day than lying in bed shooting bunny rabbits

with a crossbow.

Ditto to the Orange haters. I bought a bundle of minutes once and they still charged for calling the answerphone.

Kept charging a fee for not paying by direct debit even though the account was paid by direct debit always....

Their billing system can't handle long addresses so bills go to the shop next door....

System for checking what allowance is left faulty half the time.

Hide any addresses for you to write to them.

feck off!!!

HOLA4414

Orange totally screwed up my credit rating a few years ago, they were absolute rubbish when I wanted to end my contract. I vowed never to use them again and never have.

I wonder if you get them on some kind of defamation charge for that? Likewise the poster who mentions them charging non DD fees when paying by direct debit - that happened to me too, repeatedly. Isn't it just simple theft? These things are crimes and should be dealt with as such.

• 3 months later...
HOLA4415

+1

Archived