House Price Crash Forum

Santander Esaver Issue 4 - Current Interest Rate - Shown Where?

HOLA441

Where can I find the current rate for Santander's Esaver 4 now that it has been replaced by Esaver 5?

This is the only list I can find, where on here is SANTANDER'S eSaver 4? The esavers shown don't seem to be the right ones

http://www.santander.co.uk/csgs/Satellite?appID=abbey.internet.Abbeycom&c=DocumentoGS&canal=CABBEYCOM&cid=1237909266223&empr=Abbeycom&leng=en_GB&pagename=Abbeycom%2FDocumentoGS%2FDocumentoGSPreview

I have this doc but this isn't necessarily current as it is...wait for it...VARIABLE ;)http://www.santander.co.uk/csgs/StaticBS?blobcol=urldata&blobheader=application%2Fpdf&blobkey=id&blobtable=MungoBlobs&blobwhere=1223420520571&cachecontrol=immediate&ssbinary=true&maxage=3600

Edited by inflating

HOLA442

Where can I find the current rate for Santander's Esaver 4 now that it has been replaced by Esaver 5?

This is the only list I can find, where on here is SANTANDER'S eSaver 4? The esavers shown don't seem to be the right ones

http://www.santander...rue&maxage=3600

I have this doc but this isn't necessarily current as it is...wait for it...VARIABLE ;)http://www.santander...rue&maxage=3600

I've got eSaver 5. At the yearly rate, the interest is 3.10% (3.06% monthly IIRC). This has not dropped - I was talking to them on the phone yesterday about something else and asked this question - even though eSaver 5 has gone down slightly to 3.00%.

Hope this answers the question!

HOLA443

I've got eSaver 5. At the yearly rate, the interest is 3.10% (3.06% monthly IIRC). This has not dropped - I was talking to them on the phone yesterday about something else and asked this question - even though eSaver 5 has gone down slightly to 3.00%.

Hope this answers the question!

Thanks RnR, so they were issuing ESaver 5 at the same rate as Issue 4 for a while (ie 3.10%)? But now they've dropped it to 3% for new customers. I have Esaver 4, though, not 5.

Have they no page on their website where those of us with Issue 4 can see in writing what they are paying and keep an eye on it regularly? That pdf of accounts no longer available confuses me and I can't see which entry is for Santander Esaver 4.

HOLA444

Thanks RnR, so they were issuing ESaver 5 at the same rate as Issue 4 for a while (ie 3.10%)? But now they've dropped it to 3% for new customers. I have Esaver 4, though, not 5.

Have they no page on their website where those of us with Issue 4 can see in writing what they are paying and keep an eye on it regularly? That pdf of accounts no longer available confuses me and I can't see which entry is for Santander Esaver 4.

Sorry, I'm confusing you and me. The first sentence of my last post should be 'I have eSaver 4'.

HOLA445

Sorry, I'm confusing you and me. The first sentence of my last post should be 'I have eSaver 4'.

No problem, much appreciate the post and don't disbelieve you for a second on what they said on the phone, but I would like to see where they publish the current Esaver 4 rate in writing

HOLA446

No problem, much appreciate the post and don't disbelieve you for a second on what they said on the phone, but I would like to see where they publish the current Esaver 4 rate in writing

Have had a look at their website - the rate details for accounts currently available for customers was updated yesterday and only mentions eSaver5 at 3.00%. The pdf of interest rates for accounts no longer available was last updated on the 5th March. So, an update on ESaver4 has disappeared between those two dates. I just checked my account to see if it had that info somewhere, but alas no.

HOLA447

Have had a look at their website - the rate details for accounts currently available for customers was updated yesterday and only mentions eSaver5 at 3.00%. The pdf of interest rates for accounts no longer available was last updated on the 5th March. So, an update on ESaver4 has disappeared between those two dates. I just checked my account to see if it had that info somewhere, but alas no.

If I find out where the rates are published, I will post the link here

We must keep an eye on them, just in case the variable part drops and the rate no longer is competitive even adding in the bonus

HOLA448
HOLA449

Here you go, found it through Google without having to log on.

http://www.santander.co.uk/csgs/StaticBS?blobcol=urldata&blobheader=application%2Fpdf&blobkey=id&blobtable=MungoBlobs&blobwhere=1223416979348&cachecontrol=immediate&ssbinary=true&maxage=3600

*Includes a variable rate bonus of 2.60% (2.56% monthly) for the first 12 months from account opening.

HOLA4410

That link is in my first post above already

What I am looking for is a link to the current rate - not the original offer rate pdf

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

As I can't upload the screenshot of the pdf, here's a cut & paste, or just click this link which should be a 13 page pdf

http://www.santander.co.uk/csgs/StaticBS?blobcol=urldata&blobheader=application%2Fpdf&blobkey=id&blobtable=MungoBlobs&blobwhere=1223420520690&cachecontrol=immediate&ssbinary=true&maxage=3600

DirectSaver previous rates – monthly interest only (formerly Alliance & Leicester)

£50,000+ 1.12% (1.12% gross p.m.) 0.89% (0.89% net p.m.)

£1,000+ 0.92% (0.92% gross p.m.) 0.73% (0.73% net p.m.)

Rates effective from 2 March 2009 until 1 April 2009.

eSaver (Issue 5) – monthly interest only (formerly Alliance & Leicester)

£1+ 2.36% (2.33% gross p.m.) 1.89% (1.86% net p.m.)

Rates effective from 2 April 2009. Previously called eSaver Issue 2. Account available in Alliance & Leicester between 25 September 2008 and 7 January 2009.

eSaver (Issue 5) previous rates – monthly interest only (formerly Alliance & Leicester)

£1-£500,000 2.87% (2.83% gross p.m.) 2.30% (2.26% net p.m.)

eSaver (Issue 4) – monthly interest only (formerly Alliance & Leicester)

£50,000+ 0.88% (0.88% gross p.m.) 0.70% (0.70% net p.m.)

£1+ 0.53% (0.53% gross p.m.) 0.42% (0.42% net p.m.)

Rates effective from 2 April 2009. Previously called eSaver Issue 1. Account available in Alliance & Leicester between 15 November 2007 and 24 September 2008.

eSaver (Issue 4) previous rates – monthly interest only (formerly Alliance & Leicester)

£50,000-£500,000 1.39% (1.38% gross p.m.) 1.11% (1.10% net p.m.)

£1+ 1.03% (1.03% gross p.m.) 0.82% (0.82% net p.m.)

Now I might be wrong, but the above do not seem to me to be the correct Esaver4 accounts.

Where is the listing for the most recent Esaver 4 accounts and their current interest rates?

Edited by inflating

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

They don't make it easy do they. I just logged into my account, using a more secure connection, and could find no mention of the current rate. Normally banks send a letter when rates change so perhaps it's still 3.1%, I'll give them a ring in a couple of weeks when I'm back in UK.

Thanks, I'm not in the UK either

Just got to hope they update their lists soon, got to keep an eye on all variable savings account rates because even with the limited time bonus, if the rate goes down the account becomes very average returns wise

• 1 month later...
HOLA4416

Thanks, I'm not in the UK either

Just got to hope they update their lists soon, got to keep an eye on all variable savings account rates because even with the limited time bonus, if the rate goes down the account becomes very average returns wise

I think this is what you want. Remember, this only applies for 12 months from the date of opening the account.

http://www.santandercards.com/csgs/StaticBS?blobcol=urldata&blobheader=application%2Fpdf&blobkey=id&blobtable=MungoBlobs&blobwhere=1223420520571&cachecontrol=immediate&ssbinary=true&maxage=3600

HOLA4417

Thanks Organist57.

They must have typed that up recently as wasn't visible before

HOLA4418

They don't make it easy do they. I just logged into my account, using a more secure connection, and could find no mention of the current rate. Normally banks send a letter when rates change so perhaps it's still 3.1%, I'll give them a ring in a couple of weeks when I'm back in UK.

Sorry, I forgot to update the thread. I did phone them and those of us with the older 3.1% rate retain it.

• 1 month later...
HOLA4419

My wife just opened an Issue 5 e-saver (3% for 12 months) online.

Filled out online form, email received to acknowledge within a minute, second email received 11 minutes later to say account open, logged onto existing Santander online account for e-isa and new account was added and active, made online payment from Barclays account and it was in the new Santander account within the five minutes it took to log back in to check.

Total time from decision to apply for account to money being there in new account earning 3% rather than the 1% from Barclays was less than 30 minutes.

You can't fault that :).

HOLA4420