Nama Northern Ireland

PJ1977

HOLA441
  • Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

I'm stocking up on popcorn for this one. One thing I wonder is that £7m is way too much to set aside for one person.

i) It's way above the figure at which even a well paid person would need be persuaded to use their influence. If you were open to accepting such funds in the first place.

ii) It's way above the figure that even a well paid person could make use of without attracting suspicion. If your salary is "A" and your business interests are "B" and you are in the public eye you can't full use of 50-100 times A+B.

Edited by bookaboo

HOLA443
HOLA444

Regarding the claims being made:

Is this all indicative of how NAMA has been operating on behalf of us taxpayers North & South?

How many more "facilitation fees" are out there, and more importantly what is the quantum, and who is greasing the wheels?

Edited by getdoon_weebobby

HOLA445

http://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/regional/nama-scandal-dup-deny-major-robinson-u-turn-months-before-cerberus-deal-1-6836489

"The DUP has denied that Peter Robinson radically changed his position on the sale of NAMA assets just months before the Cerberus deal – despite evidence that NAMA interpreted it as a significant policy change."

HOLA446

this for me seems like a massive scandal which potentially could end many careers although some politicians in NI seem to be able to survive just about anything and everything in the past so who knows!!!!

i wouldn't at all be surprised if there was currently a gagging order in place in relation to this story and hence why news is coming from the South....

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/seven-highprofile-people-in-northern-ireland-have-won-gagging-orders-but-we-cant-tell-you-who-they-are-30358664.html

HOLA447

http://www.irishnews.com/paywall/tsa/irishnews/irishnews/irishnews//news/2015/07/07/news/fixer-frank-had-close-ties-to-the-dup-171966/content.html

Former Nama member Frank Cushnahan had close ties to the DUP - The Irish News

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/dup-leader-peter-robinson-unequivocally-denies-any-link-to-alleged-7m-nama-property-deal-31357025.html

TUV's Allister 'amazed' police not involved in £7m Nama pay-off claims

http://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/regional/nama-scandal-still-no-psni-investigation-1-6836506

NAMA corruption claims still not being investigated by PSNI as no one complained- yet police don't need complaint

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Haha very good.

Bryson is worth a read regarding this one issue if you can find what he posted (dont link directly to it )

I recognised his name as he was leaked the Haass drafts a couple of years ago.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/loyalist-jamie-bryson-insists-he-saw-haass-deal-drafts-29897261.html

HOLA4411

Haha very good.

Bryson is worth a read regarding this one issue if you can find what he posted (dont link directly to it )

I recognised his name as he was leaked the Haass drafts a couple of years ago.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/loyalist-jamie-bryson-insists-he-saw-haass-deal-drafts-29897261.html

That was how I recognised the name too. He seems to come by a lot of stuff doesn't he ? Being fed? By who? Getting muckier by the minute. I'm quite interested in Cerberus's special adviser in NI. Name hasn't even been mentioned. Not even as a potential witness for any of the hearings.

HOLA4412

this for me seems like a massive scandal which potentially could end many careers although some politicians in NI seem to be able to survive just about anything and everything in the past so who knows!!!!

i wouldn't at all be surprised if there was currently a gagging order in place in relation to this story and hence why news is coming from the South....

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/seven-highprofile-people-in-northern-ireland-have-won-gagging-orders-but-we-cant-tell-you-who-they-are-30358664.html

There an injunction somewhere. Tughans are dancing around some important questions and it looks like the law society can't reply. Edited by 2buyornot2buy

HOLA4413

That was how I recognised the name too. He seems to come by a lot of stuff doesn't he ? Being fed? By who? Getting muckier by the minute. I'm quite interested in Cerberus's special adviser in NI. Name hasn't even been mentioned. Not even as a potential witness for any of the hearings.

Someone or persons are clearly feeding Bryson the information. He must be fairly confident in its accuracy to go to war....

Assuming there is a gagging order in the North then someone wanting to see the news get out there is feeding Wallace the information.

(Very little meaningful coverage in NI , a bit more in the South.)

This has the potential to become a huge story North and South if someone was playing fast and loose with the NAMA NI folio, accepting under the counter payments to facilitate vulture investment funds, it's the tax-payer who ultimately takes the hit. And if that proves to be true is it the tip of the iceberg? If it transpires that people are feathering their own nests off the back of Southern Ireland austerity I'd imagine there will be hell to pay both sides of the border.

HOLA4414

Someone or persons are clearly feeding Bryson the information. He must be fairly confident in its accuracy to go to war....

Assuming there is a gagging order in the North then someone wanting to see the news get out there is feeding Wallace the information.

(Very little meaningful coverage in NI , a bit more in the South.)

This has the potential to become a huge story North and South if someone was playing fast and loose with the NAMA NI folio, accepting under the counter payments to facilitate vulture investment funds, it's the tax-payer who ultimately takes the hit. And if that proves to be true is it the tip of the iceberg? If it transpires that people are feathering their own nests off the back of Southern Ireland austerity I'd imagine there will be hell to pay both sides of the border.

Yee ha

HOLA4415

There an injunction somewhere. Tughans are dancing around some important questions and it looks like the law society can't reply.

So if you can afford legal representation from some one like for example Paul Tweed (other legal peeps are available) to get an injunction even the Law Society can't break it? What about the police? Do injunctions outweigh the law?

I can't help but find it particularly sad that no body is even slightly shocked at the rumours. We just take it for granted, that some of the people who run our country are potentially completely corrupt.

My reaction was exactly like Yadayada's. We need a new set of politics.

Edited by little fish

HOLA4416

We only have ourselves collectively to blame for electing these dinosaurs time and again.

Just as an example a poll in todays papers has support for gay marriage at 82% in under 34s and 68% overall yet despite the high levels of backing for gay marriage across the country, we go out and vote for the dinosaurs consistently opposed to legalising gay marriage.

Plenty of NI politicians heavily involved in the expenses scandal and most simply get realected again in 2010 and 2015. Even today the DUP have learnt very little with Paisley Jnr and Jim Shannon claim more than any other of the 650 MPs in expenses.

now in 2015 we have these explosive new NAMA claims. They really haven't learnt anything have they......

Lets hope this exposes all the money grabbing dinosaurs and ends a few careers (making way for some fresh blood with modern views)

HOLA4417

But will they ride off into the sunset with the dough or crash and burn?

The paper have been sitting on this for months.

Investigative journalism is dead. This should have broken a long long time ago.

No one is holding the hill to account.

Edited by 2buyornot2buy

HOLA4418

But will they ride off into the sunset with the dough or crash and burn?

The paper have been sitting on this for months.

Investigative journalism is dead. This should have broken a long long time ago.

No one is holding the hill to account.

Indeed, you have to wonder how far down the list Jamie Bryson and Mick Wallace were when someone was trying to get this public.

It must have been offered to anyone and everyone in journalism. Makes you wonder how these super injunctions work and how they would get implemented so quickly.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

If you were a SME and had a long term thriving business and because of one connected you find your whole business cashflow is controlled by Cerberus, who may be slowly bleeding you dry before selling you cheaply to your competitor, you may now start to look at all of this. was the way cleared for this to happen bought for 30 pieces of silver. There are a stack of legal cases watching the Ghrame case which was already asking if the loans were lawfully acquired (ie ability of the facility to be transferred). This could now inflate that question. If the loan sale was unlawfully facilitated then the legal standing of the transfer itself could be unwound/

HOLA4421

If there is a super injunction on this it hasn't done much as the news is out there if you look for it eg Wallace.

Wallace has used parliamentary privilege to get the ball rolling on it.

Infact I am a complete nobody and I believe that I know the details of 3 of the 7 super injunctions granted in NI.

We really need people to keep running with this at it seems like the powers that be north and south want it to go away as it would be damaging to the leading party in Ni and the South.

It is really important we get to the bottom of how these properties were sold off

HOLA4422

https://twitter.com/JP_Biz/status/618460074281934848

The Law Society does not have a wider remit to investigate individuals who are not solicitors.

Ian Coulter is no longer a solicitor. No investigation from LS.

Really? oh my :o

he resined after the 'time of the crime', indeed only after he was found out..The issue the Law Society are investigating took place whilst he was still a practising solicitor. But it shows you they are looking to get out.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

If there is a super injunction on this it hasn't done much as the news is out there if you look for it eg Wallace.

Wallace has used parliamentary privilege to get the ball rolling on it.

Infact I am a complete nobody and I believe that I know the details of 3 of the 7 super injunctions granted in NI.

Yes but we shouldn't have to go looking for it or have to take the word of, to put it mildly... colourful characters with as yet no hard evidence.

I'd like to see proper investigative journalism and this story broken by BBC, UTV, RTE, Irishnews, Telegraph, Newsletter etc. not the likes of Jamie Bryson.

If what has been written on certain blogs turns out to be accurate there must have been a huge swathe of people (political and media) in the know yet not one of them said a single thing. That's worrying regardless of the reason why.

HOLA4425