House Price Crash Forum

The Real Doom Mongers

Bear Goggles

HOLA441
Guest Charlie The Tramp
a never ending housing bubble will occur before a perpetual motion machine does

;)

Well the humble magnetic compass works 24/7 without man made power. :D

Housing bubbles burst when the money runs out and we are very close to that now, unless we print lots of monopoly money. I will give the magician credit that he won`t do that. <_<

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Let's see, you buy a house in say 1918 and it costs £125.00 - or even 1818 and it costs £25.00

At various points between now and then if you took its value it would (mostly) be above what it was a few moments before.

So, apart from a few blips when the sun spots were playing up (1974, 1979, 1989), its value is ever increasing at an exponential rate. Sounds like endlessly increasing energy to me. The pile of money in the middle of the room that represents the property's current value grows before your very eyes. In the year 2525 (if man is still alive), a small studio flat will be worth 3 earths, 2 suns, a comet and a couple of stray asteroids. I can feel a big bang analogy coming on, but I'm getting worried now I might be drifting off what is fundamentally the most important question facing mankind - what the f**k is going to happen to property prices next year.

Property on Jupiter is very affordable I believe. Perhaps the BTL landlords could be persuaded to undergo the old cryogenics and be sent on a very long, dark, cold journey. I would be prepared to light the blue touch paper.

• 4 years later...
HOLA443