House Price Crash Forum

No Dss, Student Or Working Class

timebandit

HOLA441

I actually saw one in a Slough shop window that said Asians only, the Polish generally write their ads in Polish so no one else understands, kettle pot if you ask me ;)

http://www.gumtree.com/p/flats-houses/szoba-kiado/99967650

Reminded me of this (the media getting on their high horse, ready to get the lynch mobs out, without actually doing any research first)

HOLA442
HOLA443

To be honest, I think it's reasonable. If there are three women living in a house and they would feel safer having a fourth woman living there rather than a man, then I don't see a problem with that.

In a house share, it's fair to look for someone compatible with oneself, by whatever compatibility criteria one has. So for instance I'd insist on "quiet nonsmoker" but I'd not get hung up on age, sex, or line of work. Would you want to share with this man?

But that female only restriction sometimes applies to complete flats where there's no issue of sharing/compatibility. If that's reasonable in a flat then surely so is the classic No irish, no blacks and a host of other discriminations.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

"No working class" is just a blunter way of saying "Professional person wanted to share flat..."

Professionals don't work?

Why would someone who can afford not to work want to live in a flat share with some working class girls with ideas above their station?

It should read "self important bland office workers who can't afford a place of their own require like minded type with self image issues. Must be unable to accept the fact they are also dirt poor, and look down on the plumber next door who earns 3 times as much as they do"