House Price Crash Forum

Santander Isa

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

It's a gimmick. 0.1% is f all. The rate is still very good though and beats the shit out of the other 2 year fixes. Although beware you can only find it between the 6th and 14th of April.

Same for the instant access. 3.3% worth the risk of the shit customer service and I've had worse from Halifax anyway.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

It's IceSave all over again.

You're all idiots.

It's covered by the FSA thingy, making it as safe as any other bank operating in UK.

Icesave's savers unlimited bailout by Brown was a disgrace and I like to think this government wouldn't do that, but small amounts (under £85K) are a different matter.

HOLA4410

Having spent 2 hours trying to access my accounts anything Sanatnader related is wearing pretty thin.

We went from its google chromes fault to cannot accept pass words with any two digits being in a sequence to have you enabled cookies to finally admitting that the computer has wiped your registration and we will mail new logon details out to you.

My new (next month) ISA will NOT be with Santander.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Having spent 2 hours trying to access my accounts anything Sanatnader related is wearing pretty thin.

We went from its google chromes fault to cannot accept pass words with any two digits being in a sequence to have you enabled cookies to finally admitting that the computer has wiped your registration and we will mail new logon details out to you.

My new (next month) ISA will NOT be with Santander.

Not too much of a problem on an account that you don't intend to touch for a couple of years though.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

A number of posters, including myself have had incredibly bad experiences of Santander. Do a search on the forum.

I've have a much worse opinion of Halifax. I've been with santandire for 3 years now and only experienced mild incompetence.

HOLA4418

I've have a much worse opinion of Halifax. I've been with santandire for 3 years now and only experienced mild incompetence.

I have had lots of problems with Santander, as has my wife who has recently received 2 gift baskets from them for serious errors on her bank account.

I was talking to a Spanish colleague at work the other day who says they have just as bad a reputation in Spain.

Their UK operation has got a bit better but not much, they are the only UK bank I know who can have their ATM network down for several days in a row and not treat this as a serious problem

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Halifax have treated me so badly in the past I told them I was minded to skip their internal complaint procedure, skip the financial services ombudsman, and go straight to the fraud squad. They created a direct debit without authority on an HSBC account of mine (possible, using something called AUDDIS) and used it to debit money I didn't owe them. If an individual did that they'd be looking at jail time.

The first call centre person I spoke to was very dismissive but as I climbed the management tree they got more and more concerned and ended up paying me some ex gratia cash - so I'm still with them. :rolleyes:

HOLA4421

I've been with Santander (and before that Abbey) for the past 15 years and have never had any problems banking with them. Their online banking has always worked for me, and it only took a phonecall to update 2 of my existing Santander cash ISA's to their new 2yr 4% fixed rate deal.

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425