House Price Crash Forum

Chris Huhne's Date With Destiny

pl1

HOLA441

The Sword Of Damocles that has been above the head of the Climate Change Commisar Mr. Huhne finally makes it's move tomorrow. According to this article today in The Guardian, the DPP will make his announcement live to camera at 10am.

Read more:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2012/feb/02/chris-huhne-speeding-allegations-cps-decision?newsfeed=true

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

The Sword Of Damocles that has been above the head of the Climate Change Commisar Mr. Huhne finally makes it's move tomorrow. According to this article today in The Guardian, the DPP will make his announcement live to camera at 10am.

Read more:

http://www.guardian....n?newsfeed=true

It's another Masonic-Elite ruse to move him on after he has cost us the population Billions out of wage packets.

He's done their major dirty work now is moving on under pretence of smaller/lesser charges

Remember Jacky Smiff "I didn't know what I was signing" whilst in office.

(whilst undermining all our freedoms and the Magna Carta - we have been left with less rights/freedom than a village idiot from 12th century)

A minimum lifetime in jail and removal of fraudulantly aquired possessions for her under a regime change! (let out in her 80's for singing like a bird perhaps)

Edited by erranta

HOLA443

What a 'Huhne and cry' over a 'lie of love'...

The ex- wife said........

"You said, you recall about nine years ago now

You said, that you were so fast

And I loved it, oh

Loved you for putting a foot down on a tired motorway

Down with, the bad old, sad old days

(Get away now)

But now, too much pain for too little gain

And I feel like I'm gonna strike back right now

Gonna withdraw my lie (boy) of love

Gonna strike for the right to get revenge on your heart, yeah

Withdraw my lay-by of love

Gonna strike for the right to get revenge on your heart

Ain't gonna lie for you no more

Ain't gonna drive, for you no more

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship

HOLA444

Read more:

A Section 21 Eviction Notice? tongue.gif

HOLA445

What a 'Huhne and cry' over a 'lie of love'...

The ex- wife said........

"You said, you recall about nine years ago now

You said, that you were so fast

And I loved it, oh

Loved you for putting foot down on a tired motorway

Down with, the bad old, sad old days

(Get away now)

But now, too much pain for too little gain

And I feel like I'm gonna strike back right now

Gonna withdraw my lie (boy) of love

Gonna strike for the right to get revenge on your heart, yeah

Withdraw my lay-by of love

Gonna strike for the right to get revenge on your heart

Ain't gonna lie for you no more

Ain't gonna drive, for you no more

Absolutely brilliant, my take on it, he must be short of a brain cell. Makes me fear that he is a Minister and if charged he must go as today`s Politicians appear to have very little ethics. A career ruined because he was tickled somewhere where no one else had tickled him there before. ;)

HOLA446

It's another Masonic-Elite ruse to move him on after he has cost us the population Billions out of wage packets.

He's done their major dirty work now is moving on under pretence of smaller/lesser charges

Remember Jacky Smiff "I didn't know what I was signing" whilst in office.

(whilst undermining all our freedoms and the Magna Carta - we have been left with less rights/freedom than a village idiot from 12th century)

A minimum lifetime in jail and removal of fraudulantly aquired possessions for her under a regime change! (let out in her 80's for singing like a bird perhaps)

Well if nothing else, he is certainly responsible for adding a fair sum of green taxes to your energy bill.

HOLA447

If he doesn't get charged, the position is that his wife should.

So I expect he'll be charged.

The question is did she take the points or not.

If so he will be charged with perverting the course of justice and his ex wife aiding and abetting. If she did not collaborate in the deception and he eventually took the points but evidence shows he asked her to take the points then he would face a different charge. Tomorrow will answer every ones questions.

Tickle tickle Chris was it worth it. :D

HOLA448
HOLA449

Read more:

"although I am satisfied there is a sufficient body of evidence to secure a successful prosecution, I have decided it is not in the public interest to proceed as it would be impossible for the defendant to receive a fair trial"

Good job Sir Starmer, I mean Keir Starmer *cough* *cough*

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

From Wikipedia on expenses.

As part of the Daily Telegraph investigation into expense claims by MPs, Huhne was reported to have claimed for various items including groceries, fluffy dusters and a trouser press. In 2006, he claimed £5,066 for painting work on his garden fences and chairs.[63][64] He collected £119 for a mahogany Corby trouser press from John Lewis but later said he would repay the cost in order "to avoid controversy".

He later claimed on a live Channel 4 news programme that he needed the trouser press to "look smart" for work.[65]

In June 2010, it was revealed that in the second half of 2009, a period after the expenses scandal news story became known, Huhne claimed £14,948 in expenses, including some minor amounts such as a bill of 14 pence for stationery. The claim also included costs incurred in servicing an old boiler at his constituency home.[66] Huhne's office running costs during the 2007/2008 financial year were the 206th highest out of 645, his second home claims were 580th highest (or 65th cheapest) out of 645, and his total expense claims were below average, ranking 418th most expensive.[67]

Huhne is one of 16 MPs whose assets are in a blind trust.

It's probably not relevant but it's still interesting.

HOLA4414

"although I am satisfied there is a sufficient body of evidence to secure a successful prosecution, I have decided it is not in the public interest to proceed as it would be impossible for the defendant to receive a fair trial"

Good job Sir Starmer, I mean Keir Starmer *cough* *cough*

There is a significant chance that if the outcome is as you suggest, you might have nailed the statement.

He will know at 9 am tomorrow. If he wins I will lodge an Appeal. :)

You can't - you can only appeal judgements against yourself(s).

Perhaps you could try a Judicial Review?

HOLA4415

Read more:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2012/feb/02/chris-huhne-speeding-allegations-cps-decision?newsfeed=true

While I know that Chris Huhne is a big player in the BTL market, I nonetheless would have thought that arranging to announce a charge in the full glare of the media is a breach of his human rights.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

While I know that Chris Huhne is a big player in the BTL market, I nonetheless would have thought that arranging to announce a charge in the full glare of the media is a breach of his human rights.

Those who would govern us should be subject to such scrutiny, otherwise they won't govern us, they will rule us.

HOLA4418

Those who would govern us should be subject to such scrutiny, otherwise they won't govern us, they will rule us.

Don't get me wrong, I am not defending Huhne whatsoever, but this matter is something that occured in his private life, however wrong the alleged acts may have been.

Not only is this announcement potentially a breach of his human rights, it could be argued that this morning's histrionics may prejudice any prospects for a fair trial.

But, hey, I'm not lawyer.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Don't get me wrong, I am not defending Huhne whatsoever, but this matter is something that occured in his private life, however wrong the alleged acts may have been.

Not only is this announcement potentially a breach of his human rights, it could be argued that this morning's histrionics may prejudice any prospects for a fair trial.

Indeedie. This case is too politically charged for a fair trial to happen. Like the Birmingham six, Guildford four, Lockerbie one, etc.

He may be guilty of an offence and of lying about it, or he may be victim of a dirty smear campaign. Or very likely both. But it's unlikely the world will ever really know, one way or t'other, unless he or his ex drops all claims and admits lying.

Maybe Clinton's sex life is a political analogy.

As for Huhne, I think on balance it may being a Good Thing having him in post. To have someone from his background have to face up to reality helps take the wind out of the anti-nuclear lobby's sails, and is certainly better than the Blair years of living on borrowed time and hot air.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

I don't think anyone really gives two hoots that he got caught speeding - that M11 speed camera is in a notorious section where the limit comes down from 70 to 50 and catches out lots of people anyway - there certainly isn't anyone on this forum who drives who has never broken the speed limit.

Its the fact that an elected politician who makes the laws of the land was involved in an attempt to pervert the course of justice, and managed to persuade someone else to get involved in the conspiracy.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425